*WO-S vs. OF Updates.....WO-S Wins 49-14/Comments*

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="700356" timestamp="1257574001"]
In years past, many 21-3A opponents facing WOS had non-stop 2nd half clocks.  I don't believe there was one this year.  Is WOS losing ground or are the other teams gaining ground?
[/quote] Young, Young this year and several out with injuries most of the year. Most of them were back last night.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I gotta give props here... How about in the first half when they scored their first TD when #7 faked the handoff on the dive. Did a "360" with the ball behind his back. Stopped and threw a perfect strike to his recieer running down the field????? I was standing with td when that happened and we just looked at each other and were, like, WTF??? That kid has some serious skill running that offense. I hate that OF will not have him for another year. I hear is a really good kid as well.

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="700356" timestamp="1257574001"]
In years past, many 21-3A opponents facing WOS had non-stop 2nd half clocks.  I don't believe there was one this year.  Is WOS losing ground or are the other teams gaining ground?
[/quote]

I think HJ, BC and OF were better this year than they have been. Just look at their records and games against non-district opponents. I watched OF go toe to toe with Newton. In years past, that game would be ugly.

We have another Huckabay on the way up who is in 7th grade.  ;D

We saw drastic improvement this year over the last few years and coach Huckabay only had a month to put a staff together and get everything going before practice started. I've heard his offseason program is a killer and I think next year, after having a full season of his system and a full offseason with him, that we will be a lot better than we were this year. We lose some very quality players from this team but we also have a very good core group coming back. We will only get better....

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="700565" timestamp="1257603265"]
[quote author=PVT Ryan link=topic=61980.msg700356#msg700356 date=1257574001]
[/quote] Young, Young this year and several out with injuries most of the year. Most of them were back last night.
[/quote]

so you dont think the other teams are just getting better?
you're going to use the excuse that they are just young and thats the only reason?
JMO but, the other teams are very much improved. in the past it wouldn't matter if WOS was young or not, they were still the best in the district. so to me that excuse is worthless.

Congratz on the win WOS. Hopefully yall finish up with a bang in the playoffs or if it's meant to be even farther than that.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="701154" timestamp="1257639442"]
Speaking of young, Silsbee will return 8 offensive and 7 defensive starters for next year. ;)

On offense they lose QB, RB, and a WR.

On defense they lose 2 DL and 2 LB.
[/quote]

hmm.. young team and still won District.... hmmmmmmm...........
Great Job Silsbee

Speaking of young, Silsbee will return 8 offensive and 7 defensive starters for next year. ;)

[/quote]

Well, due to injuries (and a suspension) WOS will only be losing 2 on defense (DL and Safety) and 2 on offense (WR and OL). We didn't start out quite as young as we are now, but it's part of the game. Of the 9 underclassmen on defense, 5 are Soph and we also have a Freshman who spells the senior safety.

Guest Silsbee88

[/quote]

I am not sure who is in line for the QB position, but that position alone is huge!!!!  Big shoes to fill.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="701247" timestamp="1257646566"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61980.msg701154#msg701154 date=1257639442]

[/quote]

Well, due to injuries (and a suspension) WOS will only be losing 2 on defense (DL and Safety) and 2 on offense (WR and OL). We didn't start out quite as young as we are now, but it's part of the game. Of the 9 underclassmen on defense, 5 are Soph and we also have a Freshman who spells the senior safety.
[/quote] What a Defense coming back!!!  :o

[/quote]    aggy, you just broke "FORUM RULE #9".  Please do not break "RULE #9" in the future.  thank you.

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="701299" timestamp="1257649724"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61980.msg701154#msg701154 date=1257639442]

[/quote]

I am not sure who is in line for the QB position, but that position alone is huge!!!!  Big shoes to fill.
[/quote]

Silsbee will have a good one to fill his shoes. Always do.

the visitors side of the Orangefield stadium is very small.  i was forced to set near the WOS band.  what a "TREAT" that turned out to be.  the band never stopped playing.  they were fantastic.  all of the old people around me were dancing in the isles, or at least tapping their toes.  And i would like to tell Coach Hooks that i loved the "ALL WHITE" uniforms.  the team really looked sharp.

[quote name="ndallas" post="702792" timestamp="1257802950"]
If Dubby is old, what are we, Gasilla? [/quote]

Archaic!  :'( ;D

[quote author=ndallas link=topic=61980.msg702792#msg702792 date=1257802950]
However, I have to go with the navy and silver uniforms.......much sharper!

GO 'STANGS!
[/quote]

I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83