New Caney Fires Head Coach This Morning!

cowboys

I realize the school is not happy about the direction the program is going in (mostly because of District 14-5A.)  But, I do not think firing the HC the morning after their last game is the message I would want to send as an administrator to the community.  What does everybody else think?

Don't know the entire situation but if the decision was made purely on wins/losses then I don't agree with firing someone half way through the school year. Coach or not, this is his livelihood. I would hate for my livelihood to depend on the whims of a bunch of pimple faced kids. Of course, that's the life of a coach. Win and you're a hero, lose and your house goes up for sale without you knowing it (ha).
Hopefully, he was reassigned until he can find a coaching position elsewhere.

The best thing to do is wait until the season is over before evaluating....It gives the administration some time to make a rational decision, not one based on emotions. 

I don't know the story, but I sure hope the student/athletes can put this behind them and concentrate on the task at hand tonight. 

The Coach was not flexible! He could not adjust to the ethnic makeup of the players! He coached like he was still at Needville! Different groups have different abilities and coaches have to realize that! When you run every play, in 14-5A it is not pretty!!

So he was fired the morning before the last game because he wasn't flexible?  I think the administration should have let this played out a little better and waited until the season was over....I don't know, maybe wait until Monday or so? 

Like I said, I don't know the story over there and the administration may have had just cause to do what they did...but, if they did so purely on wins and losses it was a bad move. 

You BH people are always complaining about Coach Price. Look at his record. He has accomplished a bunch without a whole lot of talent. You want him gone. Just remember what happens. It takes about 5 years and 3 other coaches to finally get what you want. You might want to rethink before you get rid of a good man and a good coach. Go get your degree and Coachem.

[quote name="setxfan1" post="699242" timestamp="1257551862"]
You BH people are always complaining about Coach Price. Look at his record. He has accomplished a bunch without a whole lot of talent. You want him gone. Just remember what happens. It takes about 5 years and 3 other coaches to finally get what you want. You might want to rethink before you get rid of a good man and a good coach. Go get your degree and Coachem.
[/quote]

Get off the degree crap bc many of us have them and even have beyond a BS or BA. Get a new line. There will be two four-a skewls in New Caney next year and think the second will be Porter Heights? I think.

[quote name="Cowboy09" post="699266" timestamp="1257555991"]
Will there be two head football positions open at New Caney??? One at New Caney and the other at Porter Heights?
[/quote]

From what I hear they have promised the Porter job to one of the assistants on the current NC staff. If he fails to get it he is gone and will be wide open. Who knows bc Dr. Frankin from Marshall is the supid and he has his hands full bc I think they had a good supid that was well liked but got sideways with some of the board. I am not for sure bc second hand info but will be interesting.

[quote name="setxfan1" post="699242" timestamp="1257551862"]
[/quote]

Stay on your side of the Trinity because you obviously don't know squat about BH.  By the way, run over and tell PNG they can't win 9 games their coache's first year because you said so.  Don't even spout off they have "talent" above and beyond anyone else.

You put your name in the hat big boy are put your money towards a big shot. Don't think it will do anygood. You BH fans complain about everything. It don't matter who you want, Coach Price has seen it all. Don't be wishin. You get a bad few years and a lot of turmoil. Coach Price is and has been a good AD for you White coller jerks over there.

[quote name="setxfan1" post="699377" timestamp="1257559442"]
You put your name in the hat big boy are put your money towards a big shot. Don't think it will do anygood. You BH fans complain about everything. It don't matter who you want, Coach Price has seen it all. Don't be wishin. You get a bad few years and a lot of turmoil. Coach Price is and has been a good AD for you White coller jerks over there.
[/quote]

Since when is chemical plants white collar? Before you stick your nose into what is going on this side of the sticks why don't you brush up on your English? Ever heard of that? Is it movie camera out at the asylum tonight and they cut you loose on the computer?

okay, i'm from New Caney and saw every game but one this year. (Was on my honeymoon or would have been there). I believe the head coach to be a good man but let his coordinators control too much of the game. Especially the offensive coordinator who happened to be his son. The offensive coordinator was slow all year to get plays in. Did not seem like he ever thought ahead for the next play. I can't tell you how many times they took stupid timeouts because of this. He was too young and just not ready to be in the position he was in, especially at the 5A level. I do not have the stats to support this but would bet they only averaged 3to 5 passes a game. Defences pack it in tight. Do not believe we ran a single reverse all season. Granted it was hard for NC to compete with only 28 kids suited out last night. Two of them were transported to the hospital with injuries. Next year New Caney will be 4A as well as Porter. Believe NC turned in 1537 at snapshot and Porter had 1407. The previous superintendent was very well liked in the community. He did have a problem with some of the board members. Politics that was not necessarily in the best interest of the student body. One of the board members who was up for re-election was defeated soundly by a record vote. The other two will probably not make it through the next election, they were not up for re-election last time. Personally, I like all of them. They are good people, just let some emotions get the best of them. I believe our AD will do a good job in getting the next coach. Only problem is we are a two high school district and the head football coach will be just that. Most of them are used to being the AD as well.

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="700176" timestamp="1257571298"]
okay, i'm from New Caney and saw every game but one this year. (Was on my honeymoon or would have been there). I believe the head coach to be a good man but let his coordinators control too much of the game. Especially the offensive coordinator who happened to be his son. The offensive coordinator was slow all year to get plays in. Did not seem like he ever thought ahead for the next play. I can't tell you how many times they took stupid timeouts because of this. He was too young and just not ready to be in the position he was in, especially at the 5A level. I do not have the stats to support this but would bet they only averaged 3to 5 passes a game. Defences pack it in tight. [b]Do not believe we ran a single reverse all season.[/b] Granted it was hard for NC to compete with only 28 kids suited out last night. Two of them were transported to the hospital with injuries. Next year New Caney will be 4A as well as Porter. Believe NC turned in 1537 at snapshot and Porter had 1407. The previous superintendent was very well liked in the community. He did have a problem with some of the board members. Politics that was not necessarily in the best interest of the student body. One of the board members who was up for re-election was defeated soundly by a record vote. The other two will probably not make it through the next election, they were not up for re-election last time. Personally, I like all of them. They are good people, just let some emotions get the best of them. I believe our AD will do a good job in getting the next coach. Only problem is we are a two high school district and the head football coach will be just that. Most of them are used to being the AD as well.
[/quote]

A lot of it has to do with the talent level that the district they are in.  New Caney could have the best coaches in the district and still not make the playoffs.  The only team they may possibly beat is College Park.  Also, being able to run the reverse will not score touchdowns if you cannot do it any other way.

I believe that the earlier comment about getting your degree and coach them up is a reference to the fact that unless you have a degree, whether it be a bachelors that is in a teaching field or a higher level masters or doctorate that you can't become a full time coach.

Don Price is not going to leave and go to New Caney, why would he. He makes a six figure salary unless they lowered his pay in the last few years. The school produces on the field, the court, the track and the diamonds. Both girls and boys teams are usually competitive if not successful and have not really been that hurt by the move to 4A. Price is not going to do anything stupid enough to ever get fired so if you don't like him as a coach or an athletic director, run for school board in Mont Belvieu and try and get him replaced.

I agree with the fact that New Caney should have handled it better about firing after the last game, although I can't honestly believe it was a shock to the head coach. If you are playing that badly you can usually see the writing on the wall.

[quote name="setxfan1" post="699377" timestamp="1257559442"]
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel...BTW, thanks for your input on something you know nothing about, starting w/ your white collar jerk comment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder