I wish central was undefeated.

Man if Central could have just been a little bit better team we'd be watching a undefeated district title game this weekend. Still good enough to make the drive to beaumont to watch, but central wasnt quite good enough to go undefeated. man that would have been an awesome atmosphere huh? I just atleast  hope Central can keep it close for atleast 3 quarters..if Im drivin 2 hours to catch this game I hope it's a good one. My luck PNG will be up like 30-0 in the second quarter..i hear Centrals got a great halftime show though..I guess thats a plus.

I finally figured it out.  People think that since PN-G beat Ozen soundly, they will do the same to Central.  I guess you consider Ozen and Central in the same category.  Yes, we both have speed and athletes, but this Central team is the overall better team and it showed when we played.  If you come into this game thinking all you will see is fast and athletic players with sub-par coaching, you will be in for a rude awakening...  If you come to this game, you may be in for a shock if you are expecting PN-G to blow us away...

They haven't seen speed or a defense like the Jags yet. (I say that regretfully, as they should have seen a better defense out of us. Coulda, shoulda, woulda though ... *sigh!*) But anyway, even if PN-G wins I think it will be closer than most people think.
Hopefully, Soulja1, y'all put it together at the Babe and make the Injuns have to share the title. Could get interesting.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="697154" timestamp="1257370668"]
I finally figured it out.  People think that since PN-G beat Ozen soundly, they will do the same to Central.  I guess you consider Ozen and Central in the same category.  Yes, we both have speed and athletes, but this Central team is the overall better team and it showed when we played.  If you come into this game thinking all you will see is fast and athletic players with sub-par coaching, you will be in for a rude awakening...  If you come to this game, you may be in for a shock if you are expecting PN-G to blow us away...
[/quote]
Soulja, I see where you get this, but I disagree. Central is a much better and balanced team than Ozen. No slight to the Panthers, but I believe Central has better athletes and is better coached.I  think we will see a very good ball game Friday night. Coach Faircloth has gotten these kids ready for each opponent each week and has developed this team beyond almost anyones expectations. He will have the boys ready this week too. I don't underestimate Central, as your team will be ready also. I'll put my money on the Indians though. I hope I'm not as blindly confident (and arrogant  ::) as some of out fans, but you can be the first to tell me Friday night if I am. I hoping for a good game, good sporsmanship and NO injuries on either team. After Friday night I will be a Jag fan too!

Ok, I really do not agree with Thunderlicious.  Any team on any given night can lose...it does not mean that they suck all of the sudden!  Central is a great team, and had an off night at Livingston, hell, we almost lost to LC-M!  That was a wake up call, and we had MUCH better games after that...why?...because we learned from our mistakes, just like Central most likely learned a valuable lesson from their mistakes against Livingston!  I know Central will come to play, and so will we, it will come down to who plays harder and eliminates the mistakes.  It will all be decided Fri night, so bring your "A" game Central, I know we will  ;D!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="697290" timestamp="1257379770"]
O'Neal will be playing.  The player that you are in reference to is Heard.  I don't know if he is out for the year, but I do know that he hurt his collarbone and did not play vs Livingston...
[/quote]ok thank you ... Hope he recovers for the playoffs ...but if needed he should  rest and not play against PNG...LOL

I heard that MamaJag was coming out of retirement for the halftime show.  I hope she has been practicing her splits lately.  ;D

On a serious note, I have stated before that anyone who predicts huge wins week in and week out really know nothing about football. I think they do this so that when it happens every once and and while they can say that they called it. 

This is a tough district with good teams.  Central will be ready to play and so will PNG.  I am picking Png by 10.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="697259" timestamp="1257377871"]
The good news is that Central has that dreaded feeling behind them and they can now move on.  Whats sad is that PNG will always be just 1 game away from being UN-undefeated until that dreaded day gets here. 

Oh the pressure.   :o
[/quote]I guess Central has not had that pressure  of being undefeated for a while and still lost last week?

There is a McD's on the feeder road oposite of the stadium side of the freeway.  There is a brand new Jack in the box between ML King and Gulf street.  That is accross from the Babe Zaharius soccer field.  If you want real food on the way to the game, there is a chain of resturaunts if you travel to the stadium down I-10.  Checkers, Casa Ole' ect...

I think it will be a good game...or let me say i hope it will. I hope im wrong but I have read these boards all season and each week PNG wins and the boards say, ahhh their great but this week will be a different story, and so on and so on and so on. It's now week 10. Lets see.. i think ive counted about 5 games outta the nine they have played where teams should have either beat port neches or given them a run for their money and png handled em with NO PROBLEMS what so ever and actually went into layoff mode in the third quarters. Central is no better then the teams they have played and apparently not better than Livingston. PNG handles this game with ABSOLUTLEY NO PROBLEMS. From an outsider looking in, it's time to give a good team credit where credit is due. thats why im calling an EASY PNG victory friday night. PNG is head and shoulders above the competition. Except i dont think PNG could hang this year with my Caney Creek boys..but thats a different post and my hearts involved in that one...as is you jag fans hearts involved in this one. I can tell ya this .... NEVER bet on your home team with money cause ya make stupid choices. Don't be blinded by your yearnings for central to win...PNG goes over 40 and Central gets held to the low teens.

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="697516" timestamp="1257391207"]
I think it will be a good game...or let me say i hope it will. I hope im wrong but I have read these boards all season and each week PNG wins and the boards say, ahhh their great but this week will be a different story, and so on and so on and so on. It's now week 10. Lets see.. i think ive counted about 5 games outta the nine they have played where teams should have either beat port neches or given them a run for their money and png handled em with NO PROBLEMS what so ever and actually went into layoff mode in the third quarters. Central is no better then the teams they have played and apparently not better than Livingston. PNG handles this game with ABSOLUTLEY NO PROBLEMS. From an outsider looking in, it's time to give a good team credit where credit is due. thats why im calling an EASY PNG victory friday night. PNG is head and shoulders above the competition. Except i dont think PNG could hang this year with my Caney Creek boys..but thats a different post and my hearts involved in that one...as is you jag fans hearts involved in this one. I can tell ya this .... NEVER bet on your home team with money cause ya make stupid choices. Don't be blinded by your yearnings for central to win...PNG goes over 40 and Central gets held to the low teens.
[/quote]Please show me where I don't give PN-G dues.  They are a good ball club tha is on a roll.  I just have faith in my Jags to get back tp their winning ways...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont