Should H-F bring back the Gold Helmets

horndawg

Should HF bring back the Gold Helmets after going 0-10 in blue?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should HF bring back the Gold Helmets after going 0-10 in blue?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="694754" timestamp="1257192211"]
It really does not matter to me, I like them both. We have a horrible team but at least they look good when they are getting the Sh_t kicked out of them.
[/quote]

Ok, well if this is the case, maybe they should go the way of having the blues for away and golds for home, or something like that.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
Changing helmets won't change our luck.  The blue helmets are better looking than the gold.  I just wonder if the gold is easier to visually pick up on the field.

[quote name="CrazyLikeThat" post="695239" timestamp="1257214903"]
Changing helmets won't change our luck.  The blue helmets are better looking than the gold.  I just wonder if the gold is easier to visually pick up on the field.
[/quote]
ugly wins are better than pretty losses.

Definitely bring the gold helmet back.  HF has always had either gold or white helmets, never blue.  I just think its a tradition thing.  We have had many different color combinations throughout the years and even the "Longhorns" on the back of the jerseys isn't new.  They did that in the early '80s.  My personal opinion is:  gold helmets, gold pants, blue jerseys at home, and white jerseys on the road.

[quote name="HFLONGHORN" post="696198" timestamp="1257295063"]
Definitely bring the gold helmet back.  HF has always had either gold or white helmets, never blue.  I just think its a tradition thing.  We have had many different color combinations throughout the years and even the "Longhorns" on the back of the jerseys isn't new.  They did that in the early '80s.  My personal opinion is:  gold helmets, gold pants, blue jerseys at home, and white jerseys on the road.
[/quote]

The old Notre dame look, but with the Horns on the helmets.

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="696904" timestamp="1257356816"]
Why not bring 'em back and put HF in blue on the sides.  Back in the 90's they just had the gold helmets with no decals...
[/quote]That was a Tarver thing. Coach Walker brought back the traditional Longhorn decal. Back in the
day when I was a Senior @ HF, good'ol Charlie Wilson postponed the tradition and went with a football shaped decal with an HF in the middle. It really blew, like OU.  :o  :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124