EVADALE VS. COLMESNEIL!!! PREDICTIONS????

xsv010

[color=red][/color][size=14pt]The[font=Comic Sans MS]UNDERDOGS once again, and enjoyin every moment of it. That's the way these Dogs like it!
[/font][/size]

[size=16pt][color=red][font=Georgia][font=Verdana][/font][/font][/color][/size]Watch out for the bite, Rebels!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I think the majority of people north of Kirbyville think Colmesneil will win..while the majority south think Evadale will win....this is what I am understanding by talking to many people both north and south of Kville. Should be a great game.

[quote name="BiggCowboyJohn" post="694035" timestamp="1257128920"]
I know it's going to be a good football game.I've been watching the rebels play and they are a very good football team on both sides of the ball.The Colmesneil recivers and conerbacks need to beware of #24 for the Rebels,he's got the goods on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

Id watch out for that whole Rebel secondary. #12 leads the team in INT's and it takes a team to win not just one person. I give #24 his props, he's good, but it'll take the whole team to win this one. Thats been a good concept for them all year along with "HARD WORK & SWAGGER."  ;) ;) ;)

Although Evadale seems to be in an offensive slump lately, there defense has kept them in the game. The Defense should do the same this week.

EVA 20
COL 6

..yes i think the bulldogs will score on the rebs

If Evadale doesn't learn to score some points, they will make a quick exit from the playoffs. 23-A is not exactly a powerhouse district and I don't think the D can carry Evadale very far against vastly superior opponents.

Colmesneil is averaging 32 points a game on the season. They only have two loses on the season to West Sabine and Carlisle. Looks like Carlisle could make the playoffs. This Bulldog team has been under rated all season and teams have looked past them week after week. I believe Colmesneil will win their first District Championship since the 1960's. Bulldogs are back !!!

Field conditions in Evadale are very good.

The Rebels have been away for the really rainy nights these past few games and the sub varsity games have cancelled on a couple of occasions so the field will be ready for the big game.

There should be no excuses one way or the other on Friday.

The Rebels have scheduled their playoff game on Nov 20th at 7:30 PM in Huntsville at Sam Houston State University. They will face the winner of the Dawson/Mart game in the Area round of the playoffs.

Dawson is 5-0 in their district while Mart is 3-1 in theirs.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="695945" timestamp="1257277811"]
Cool Rebel Yeller.

We would love to go to Huntsville and support Evadale.
And maybe hang out with Leli's counsin Eric Fieilo, who players for Sam Houston.
Guess they have a game the next night though.

Best of luck in the game friday.
[/quote]

We would appreciate the support!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="695750" timestamp="1257266284"]
Colmesneil is averaging 32 points a game on the season. They only have two loses on the season to West Sabine and Carlisle. Looks like Carlisle could make the playoffs. This Bulldog team has been under rated all season and teams have looked past them week after week. I believe Colmesneil will win their first District Championship since the 1960's. Bulldogs are back !!!
[/quote]But look at how many points they giving up on defense.Evadale has only given up 7pts. in district.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="695750" timestamp="1257266284"]
[/quote]I don't know how you did your math but Colmesneil is averaging 27 pts.per game and is giving up 17 pts. per game.Evadale is averaging 24 pts. per game and only giving up 4 pts. per game.... :o :o :o :o :o :o

[quote name="BiggCowboyJohn" post="696057" timestamp="1257283455"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=61711.msg695750#msg695750 date=1257266284]
[/quote]I don't know how you did your math but Colmesneil is averaging 27 pts.per game and is giving up 17 pts. per game.Evadale is averaging 24 pts. per game and only giving up 4 pts. per game.... :o :o :o :o :o :o
[/quote] Colmesneil has scored 31,55,19,38,36,34 and 12 in their last seven games they have won seven in a row. You are right they are averaging 27 on the whole season including their first two games they lost. I wasn't clear.
Schedule
Calendar

Colmesneil Bulldogs High School Football Schedule

Date Time  Opponent Result
8/28/09 TBA @ West Sabine (Pineland, TX)  6-44 (L) 
9/04/09 TBA vs. Carlisle (Price, TX)  21-49 (L) 
9/11/09 TBA vs. Cushing (Cushing, TX)  31-7 (W) 
9/25/09 TBA vs. Chester (Chester, TX) *  55-6 (W) 
10/02/09 TBA @ West Hardin (Saratoga, TX) *  19-13 (W) 
10/09/09 TBA @ Sabine Pass (Sabine Pass, TX) *  38-3 (W) 
10/16/09 TBA vs. Hull-Daisetta (Daisetta, TX) *  36-20 (W) 
10/23/09 TBA @ Burkeville (Burkeville, TX) *  34-6 (W) 
10/30/09 TBA vs. High Island (High Island, TX) *  12-6 (W) 
11/06/09 7:30 PM @ Evadale (Evadale, TX) * 

[quote name="Dogpack Fan" post="696186" timestamp="1257294554"]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=12pt][color=red]Colmesneil Bulldogs will come out on top for a District win after a hard fought game.[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color=blue][b]Evadale Rebels[/b] will come out on top for a District win after a hard fought game[/color]

[quote name="BiggCowboyJohn" post="696267" timestamp="1257299353"]
I would to apologize for singling out#24 as a good player.The whole team including the coaches are awsome.I hope everyone in Evadale and the football team will accept my apology.
[/quote]No harm intended. We were just talking about Colmesneils passing game and how the Rebs can approach it. 8)

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="696288" timestamp="1257300259"]
[quote author=BiggCowboyJohn link=topic=61711.msg696267#msg696267 date=1257299353]
I would to apologize for singling out#24 as a good player.The whole team including the coaches are awsome.I hope everyone in Evadale and the football team will accept my apology.
[/quote]No harm intended. We were just talking about Colmesneils passing game and how the Rebs can approach it. 8)
[/quote]Well thank you....I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics