Evadale @ Chester predictions

bignazty

I agree with everything you stated in your post.  There is no regret in making a decision to not put kids in harms way.  High Island went through a similliar situation three years ago.  My son was a Sophomore and we had to forfeit that last game of the year against West Hardin.  Yes the decision was tough to make, but at the same time it was the easiest decision to make.  When your key players or skill position players get injuried, you can not in good conscience expect kids to go onto the field of battle and expect the young men to perform well against a team that is two times bigger, especially when your QB and the two back up QBs are out.  IT would not be good practice for either team.

This is were the Enterprise story should be.  Small schools and their ability to pursue the opportunities to give their children a good quality education and to make them productive individuals in society.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the article and the blogs!

Interesting that someone can make an assumption about fair play in a game they obviously did not see.
Or comment on the heart of a team when they were not party to making the heartbreaking decision as to finish the season or not.
Or conclude that we push our boys to play the game, when they do not even know our children.

I watched the game and saw no one called for un-sportsman like conduct, saw no late hits.
I watched the game and saw the Chester boys refuse to leave the field, even though they were injured and short manned. 
I saw a clean, hard fought game, with an unusual and unfortunate amount of injuries!

The offers and support that many members of this district have given to Chester, to all the boys and to each other has been amazing.

What our communities know is the true character of our coaches, our parents and our players. We know the bonds they are building and what wonderful young men these experiences help the players to become and how to overcome. We are so very proud of each and every one of them.
Prayers go out to all.

But still, when you play High Island, the boys are gonna give you a game!

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="695821" timestamp="1257271456"]
I read the article and the blogs!

Interesting that someone can make an assumption about fair play in a game they obviously did not see.
Or comment on the heart of a team when they were not party to making the heartbreaking decision as to finish the season or not.
Or conclude that we push our boys to play the game, when they do not even know our children.

I watched the game and saw no one called for un-sportsman like conduct, saw no late hits.
I watched the game and saw the Chester boys refuse to leave the field, even though they were injured and short manned. 
I saw a clean, hard fought game, with an unusual and unfortunate amount of injuries!

The offers and support that many members of this district have given to Chester, to all the boys and to each other has been amazing.

What our communities know is the true character of our coaches, our parents and our players. We know the bonds they are building and what wonderful young men these experiences help the players to become and how to overcome. We are so very proud of each and every one of them.
Prayers go out to all.

But still, when you play High Island, the boys are gonna give you a game!

[/quote]

I could not have said it better. You brought tears to my eyes from pure pride in our boys.  :)

[quote name="Chester86" post="692249" timestamp="1256997054"]
[quote author=YellowJacketCoach link=topic=61359.msg692171#msg692171 date=1256980085]
Let me handle this for you guys....Yes I am a coach at Chester, Coach Meeker. I do not get on here often just wanted to check district scores to see how everyone was doing and came across this. To deal with the finance thing, as a teacher u either teach multiple subjects and multiple grades 6th-12th. We have 6 total coaches for Jr high and High School. We have 9 total teachers for jr high and hs. We have 4 guy coaches and 2 ladies coaches. 3 of us guys coach football, baseball and basketball. 1 of the other guy coaches is our tech guy who films games and is in the box for football, he also does track and cross country boys and girls. Our 2 female coaches coach volleyball, basketball and softball. As coaches we do not make money for every sport we do we mainly share responsibilities and do our part, life coaching at a small school. Ok now for the football part. We had 17 with us at High Island, had 20 oon the roster but really had 18: 1 hurt previously, 1 other reasons, and 1 was at a hunter safety course. So lets do the count against High Island: 3 with broke bones, 2 head injuries (concussions and spinal damage), 1 shoulder (previously injured as well), and 1 hand (not to serious). 3 finished the game against High Island not bc we wanted them to bc they left everything they had out there. After arriving home that leaves us 10 semi-healthy kids. Here is your choice put more kids personal well-being and health at risk for a game? Ask yourself if you want your kid or yourself put in the line of fire? My job and every teacher, coach, parent and responsible human being is to protect kids and your faced with a decision can you have a kid seriously injured just to finish a season. Sry my friends I could not have done that and obviously there were more ppl who did as well. God puts us in a position to protect and guide children, this will teach them 1. their self worth to a team 2. value of every human life there is 3. how important that "1" person is. No I don't like quitting, but for the best intrest of the kids it was the final decision. Do you think we want to take away something like this for the remaining few, esp srs? TRUTH to address you, you seem to be selfish. You are just worried about the last 2 games of district and not the lives of the kid's They sure did not go through 2-a-days and practice to end it like this. Remember when you talk about hs sports first thing is first the kids, then worry about your school and winning. I am not trying to be rude but I see this in society and ppl talk about the kids like they r empty objects that just are production tools. These kids r our future and it is up to you and I to sculp and mold them into good young men and women of God. About this not being fair no it isn't, life ain't fair. Ask ne woman if she thinks its fair she has to get pregnant and experience all that pain while the husband did his part too. Same in this situationChester kid's did their part but can't have the baby or in this case play. Sry just the first thing that came to my head.I have one thing to leave you with and its this......PSALMS 127:3 "Behold CHILDREN are a gift of the Lord"

Excellent post coach, get those boys ready for baseball, and my hometown is always on my mind.  Things always have a way of working themselves out, and this will be no different.  God has a plan.
Tim Bean
[/quote]
[/quote]wow coach that was a good post and i totally agree with you. I am a student at West Hardin and we were suppose to play you this week and once i heard u had to cancel the season because of injuries i was disappointed to hear about all those hurt kids. I wish them a speedy recovery. And i wish them luck in the years to come. And ur right LR1969 it is just a game. being healthy for the years ahead of them is more important.

[quote name="Chester86" post="692249" timestamp="1256997054"]
[quote author=YellowJacketCoach link=topic=61359.msg692171#msg692171 date=1256980085]
Let me handle this for you guys....Yes I am a coach at Chester, Coach Meeker. I do not get on here often just wanted to check district scores to see how everyone was doing and came across this. To deal with the finance thing, as a teacher u either teach multiple subjects and multiple grades 6th-12th. We have 6 total coaches for Jr high and High School. We have 9 total teachers for jr high and hs. We have 4 guy coaches and 2 ladies coaches. 3 of us guys coach football, baseball and basketball. 1 of the other guy coaches is our tech guy who films games and is in the box for football, he also does track and cross country boys and girls. Our 2 female coaches coach volleyball, basketball and softball. As coaches we do not make money for every sport we do we mainly share responsibilities and do our part, life coaching at a small school. Ok now for the football part. We had 17 with us at High Island, had 20 oon the roster but really had 18: 1 hurt previously, 1 other reasons, and 1 was at a hunter safety course. So lets do the count against High Island: 3 with broke bones, 2 head injuries (concussions and spinal damage), 1 shoulder (previously injured as well), and 1 hand (not to serious). 3 finished the game against High Island not bc we wanted them to bc they left everything they had out there. After arriving home that leaves us 10 semi-healthy kids. Here is your choice put more kids personal well-being and health at risk for a game? Ask yourself if you want your kid or yourself put in the line of fire? My job and every teacher, coach, parent and responsible human being is to protect kids and your faced with a decision can you have a kid seriously injured just to finish a season. Sry my friends I could not have done that and obviously there were more ppl who did as well. God puts us in a position to protect and guide children, this will teach them 1. their self worth to a team 2. value of every human life there is 3. how important that "1" person is. No I don't like quitting, but for the best intrest of the kids it was the final decision. Do you think we want to take away something like this for the remaining few, esp srs? TRUTH to address you, you seem to be selfish. You are just worried about the last 2 games of district and not the lives of the kid's They sure did not go through 2-a-days and practice to end it like this. Remember when you talk about hs sports first thing is first the kids, then worry about your school and winning. I am not trying to be rude but I see this in society and ppl talk about the kids like they r empty objects that just are production tools. These kids r our future and it is up to you and I to sculp and mold them into good young men and women of God. About this not being fair no it isn't, life ain't fair. Ask ne woman if she thinks its fair she has to get pregnant and experience all that pain while the husband did his part too. Same in this situationChester kid's did their part but can't have the baby or in this case play. Sry just the first thing that came to my head.I have one thing to leave you with and its this......PSALMS 127:3 "Behold CHILDREN are a gift of the Lord"

Excellent post coach, get those boys ready for baseball, and my hometown is always on my mind.  Things always have a way of working themselves out, and this will be no different.  God has a plan.
Tim Bean
[/quote]
[/quote]
I agree with you coach.  If you don't have 11 healthy kids, you can't and shouldn't play.  I was under the impression from earlier posts that you had 12 healthy kids, which means play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed