3A Region III Favorites?

JMT

Since I don't really see any Region III teams due to living in Dallas (Madison doesn't head down to Beaumont anymore so I don't have a reason to make a trip down that way.), who do y'all folks think will be the cream of the crop in the region this year?

Obviously things could look far different by the end of the season, but as of right now who would be the teams that should be among the best down that way?

My picks to make the regional tourney:

Cleveland- district 22-3A champ
Silsbee- district 21-3A champ
Crockett- district 20-3A champ
Lufkin Hudson- district 18-3A runnerup

Semis would pit Cleveland vs. Crockett out of the top bracket, Silsbee vs. Hudson out of the lower bracket.

Here is last year's bracket to give you some perspective:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/basketball/playoff_brackets/08_09/boys/pdf/3ABoys.pdf

This is not necessarily the best 4 in the region, but who I think will make the tourney. Some teams will have an easier route while other top teams will eliminate one another.

NEVER count out Coach Sutherland and his Hawks.  They always seem to find a way to win, and as long as he's there, they have a better than average chance than winning the region.  It must be the O dark thirty morning practices.  Nearly every year, folks say "this is not HJ's year," yet every year they're right in the mix and usually come out of the pack in the front. 

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685663" timestamp="1256476369"]

Semis would pit Cleveland vs. Crockett out of the top bracket, Silsbee vs. Hudson out of the lower bracket.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/basketball/playoff_brackets/08_09/boys/pdf/3ABoys.pdf

This is not necessarily the best 4 in the region, but who I think will make the tourney. Some teams will have an easier route while other top teams will eliminate one another.
[/quote]I thought Huntington would make it with that 6'9" post and 6'5" point guard that moved in from Louisiana.............. ;D  Hudson will be 4or5 deep but their bench may lack depth.......not sure they can make it this year to reg?

[quote name="no-look" post="706257" timestamp="1258159507"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61317.msg685663#msg685663 date=1256476369]

[/quote]I thought Huntington would make it with that 6'9" post and 6'5" point guard that moved in from Louisiana.............. ;D  Hudson will be 4or5 deep but their bench may lack depth.......not sure they can make it this year to reg?
[/quote] Good Luck Huntington And to Tim.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="709969" timestamp="1258403842"]
Well, if Silsbee is district champion, then they won't face Cleveland or Navasota till the regional finals as I see both Cleveland and Navasota winning their districts.

The district 21-3A champ gets a much easier route to the regional finals than the runner up of 21-3A.
[/quote]I know that Cleveland has four starters back but what about Navasota?

Guest stevenash
[quote name="no-look" post="710268" timestamp="1258422482"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61317.msg709969#msg709969 date=1258403842]
Well, if Silsbee is district champion, then they won't face Cleveland or Navasota till the regional finals as I see both Cleveland and Navasota winning their districts.

The district 21-3A champ gets a much easier route to the regional finals than the runner up of 21-3A.
[/quote]I know that Cleveland has four starters back but what about Navasota?
[/quote]

Three starters and a new GPS system.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed