PN-G vs LUMBERTON/PN-G wins 39-6/Comments

Guest KHS 89

I thought Lumberton did a good job early of containing Harmon, but they couldn't stop the PNG passing game. Then late in the half and into the second half Harmon was getting big yardage.

There were some big hits tonight. Especially from the NDN's. Hence all the fumbles by Lumberton.
Good Luck Raiders the rest of the way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2
Our coaching staff did a good job dealing with the injuries to our offensive line. A lot of quick passes. Our line is definately in bad shape right now, RG played the 1st drive and then went out, our center went out late in the game, and we are down to the 4th or 5th LT. They have to get healthy or it will continue to be tough on Harmon. Our kicker D. Browning tore his ACL in his plant leg before halftime, his father said that they will put him in a protective brace and should be ready for the playoffs and then have surgery after the season. I don't know how affective he will be, have to wait and see on this. I thought our defense was hammering guys all night, their QB took a beating (tough kid). Our coaches are proving that they are very good. Can we go ahead and give Faircloth and staff an extension. I believe they only got a 2 year deal. Great job INDIAN'S!!!!!!!!!!! 8-0

lumberton will be back next year, it happens, especially in high school football you lose a great deal of talent and build your team back up. 2 playoff appearances and then a losing season, yeah it stinks but it is reality, png was at this stage last year but look at them now, you guys look sharp, I'll be pulling for you guys inthe playoffs...you will be undefeated no question!

[quote name="Penny" post="684935" timestamp="1256394795"]
Depending on Faircloth's desires, a season or two like this and he'll be a hot commodity for a lot of jobs.  He's done an incredible job.
[/quote]

I totally agree....Faircloth has come in and turned things around at The Reservation!  Way to go, Indians....WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="684977" timestamp="1256397888"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=61248.msg684935#msg684935 date=1256394795]
Depending on Faircloth's desires, a season or two like this and he'll be a hot commodity for a lot of jobs.  He's done an incredible job.
[/quote]

I totally agree....Faircloth has come in and turned things around at The Reservation!  Way to go, Indians....WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
[/quote]

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif[/img]

[quote name="badndn" post="684680" timestamp="1256358175"]
I thought Lumberton did a good job early of containing Harmon, but they couldn't stop the PNG passing game. Then late in the half and into the second half Harmon was getting big yardage.

There were some big hits tonight. Especially from the NDN's. Hence all the fumbles by Lumberton.
Good Luck Raiders the rest of the way.
[/quote]
That because it's tough to play defense for 40 minutes, Bad, our offense did not move the ball very well at all (doing my best to be nice here) and when that happens the defense eventually gets worn out. Great game by the Indians, played like a well oiled machine, not many mistakes at all on your guys part, good luck in the playoffs.

Lumberton did a good job on D in the first half with containing Harmon, but the passing game and all the Raiders turnovers killed em. I felt Harmon would get the best of Lumbertons D in the second half. Lumberton has a good team, I just don't know why they haven't been able to put it all together this year. I know that Defending PNG's offense is not an easy task for a Defensive coordinator. Lots of great players to prep for. Our D is very dominating, the secondary took a while to heat up but they got it contained for the most part.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="685028" timestamp="1256401167"]
I remember when lumberton thought they were all world after going to the playoffs for the FIRST two times in school history now yall have only won 1 district game...same ol lumberton...having two winning seasons dont make you great
[/quote]I don't see Lumberton doing nothing different than anyone else who's team has a taste of success. Be proud of what your kids did Raiders, they gave y'all memories that know one can take away. And that's on the real....BCJAG. Every team that's been successful, has had their hard times. PNG, Ned, Central, Vidor, WO-S, Ozen..... the list goes on. Support those kids when their down as you do when their up. It's all about the kids. The game is just a part of it. Good luck on the rest of your season Raiders.

[quote name="bcjag09" post="685066" timestamp="1256403387"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=61248.msg685028#msg685028 date=1256401167]
I remember when lumberton thought they were all world after going to the playoffs for the FIRST two times in school history now yall have only won 1 district game...same ol lumberton...having two winning seasons dont make you great
[/quote]I don't see Lumberton doing nothing different than anyone else who's team has a taste of success. Be proud of what your kids did Raiders, they gave y'all memories that know one can take away. And that's on the real....BCJAG. Every team that's been successful, has had their hard times. PNG, Ned, Central, Vidor, WO-S, Ozen..... the list goes on. Support those kids when their down as you do when their up. It's all about the kids. The game is just a part of it. Good luck on the rest of your season Raiders.
[/quote]

Thanks bcjag...I agree. It's about the kids. I just don't get those who find it so enjoyable to dis a group of local kids. The success at Lumberton has been great for our community. That success is not over. We are a community on the grow and we will be a contender in this district year in and year out. This is just not one of those years. Just as last year was not PN-G's year. It's a topsy turvy world and it's no different on the football field. Either way, I support the Raiders and I support the rest of our local teams (including Ozen, despite the quote by ozensfinest). And, should Ozen manage a trip to the playoffs this season (after a couple of dismal seasons), I will be more than happy to listen to the bragging and excitement coming from Panther fans. That's the way it should be. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Gave out my first positive karma in two years bcjag (ha).

[quote name="liltex" post="684929" timestamp="1256394306"]
Impressive Win-Congrads to the Indians.Should move up again in the polls.Coaching has been magnificent but you have to have some talent as coaches don't play the game.This is a great tradition as the transition has arrived right on time.
[/quote]

I have said in past we always have had talented kids. Just have to put them in the right situation and play to their strengths. Faircloth has given the Indians this ability.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="685028" timestamp="1256401167"]
[/quote]

You are like all the old Hebert people got to go get your own high school then the coach is no good dodda dodda doooooo!  Be HAPPY not jealous of what a team does ...... with all that talent and speed over there at OZEN ya'll should compete every year ....... but you don't ..... wonder why!

Guest gladiator2
I was kind of shocked by the turnout of the Lumberton fan's last night, it appear's that they have given up on their team. I was kind of shocked by the turnout. 

Guest gladiator2
Has Beard fully recovered from his knee surgery? I was really looking forward to seeing him play last night as last year he was a 1-man wrecking machine. I was watching him much of the night and he really didn't do much until the last couple of plays. We were blocking him pretty good and he just didn't seem to have the same athleticism as last year. Is he still getting the same attention from the D-1 schools? By no means am I putting this young man down, just wondering if he has fully healed or does he have another injury bothering him. My thinking last night was that he just has not gotten all the way back from the knee surgery. Hopefully he moves on and has a great college career.

[quote name="LR1969" post="684539" timestamp="1256353398"]
Guess I shouldn't forget Central though. PN-G still has the Jags to contend with. Sorry bmtsoulja1 (ha). Should be a great game when the two meet. What a way to end the season. Would love to see it but I'll be heading to Kville/Newton that week.
[/quote] 8) 8)

[quote name="NAZERATH" post="684674" timestamp="1256357917"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=61248.msg684669#msg684669 date=1256357782]
looks like lumberton better start getting ready for baseball season
[/quote] ::) ::) ::) ::)

Looks like Ozen better be getting ready for basketball
[/quote]we've won more district games then lumberton and still have a shot at the playoffs and not to mention beat lumberton HAHA...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476