***SETXSPORTS.COM WEEK 8 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

WOSgrad

[quote name="NDNTime" post="682967" timestamp="1256224803"]
Sgt.  Looking at his "strength of schedule," the two best teams on there beat Crosby bad, real bad.  So that strength of schedule wouldn't help him at all.  He is going to say Dayton, but it doesn't seem that Dayton is playing their best football this year. 

I don't believe it to be a "logical fallacy" to say that WB is a better team than Crosby.  He makes this blanket statement but then doesn't tell me why it is wrong.  At least I have seen both schools play and can make a "logical" conclusion based on what I have seen.  Coug doesn't tell me why this conclusion is wrong.  He hasn't seen WB play so he has no idea how good they are.  All he can look at is the W/L record.  Heck, the only team he has seen play from this area is PNG, and we kindly told them to get off of our field with a 37-7 beat down.

Oh, and my analysis is spot on with the USC/TCU argument.  TCU, like Crosby, has a much easier schedule than USC.  USC has 1 more loss than TCU, but USC is ranked higher.  WB, by comparison, has one more loss than Crosby.  But WB's strength of schedule is much tougher than that of Crosby.  Heck, WB will be playing the #12 5A team in the state tomorrow.  That sounds a little tougher than Crosby's schedule.
[/quote]

Your right... ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="682969" timestamp="1256225023"]
EC #10 and basically OF #11....................HJ #12 and beat both of them.......go figure!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

OK, you can have the #10 ranking if you want. The Bucs will just have to "settle" for the pending undisputed district Championship!  ;D

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="683322" timestamp="1256249291"]
Since I know someone will ask...small school:

1.  Jasper
2.  Newton
3.  WOS
4.  Kirbyville
5.  Cleveland
6.  Coldspring
7.  Silsbee
8.  BC
9.  HJ
10. EC
11.  OF
12.  Evadale
[/quote]
what is going to happen when # 4 kville rolls #1 newton in week 10? it's a short matter of time.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="682786" timestamp="1256186861"]
[quote author=jasperalltheway2statebaby link=topic=61081.msg682777#msg682777 date=1256184227]
i dont see hamshire fannett in these rankings, little confused?? ???
[/quote]

You registered today and are already stirring?   ::)
[/quote]

didnt register today, just forgot my password for about a year

[quote name="BOSoxfan4life" post="684107" timestamp="1256335277"]
How and why is Silsbee on the list?  They have a losing record and they are one of the best in Small schools.  Beating WOS must give you 67 points or something.
[/quote]

Give me a break not many on that list would beat them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont