Lumberton              1 3

Livingston              1 3

Nederland               1 3

Little Cypress          1 3

My Predictions

Central has

Oct. 23 Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                 W

Oct. 30 @ Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                     W

Nov. 6 Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.             L (close)

PNG has

Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                     W

Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                  W

Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.             W(close)

Vidor has

Oct. 23 Little Cypress-Mauriceville*, 7:30 p.m.    W

Oct. 30 @ Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                      W

Nov. 6 Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                          W

Ozen has

Oct. 23 @ Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.            L

Oct. 30 @ Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.         L

Nov. 7 Little Cypress-Mauriceville                       W

LCM has

Oct. 23 @ Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                              L

Oct. 30 Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                          L

Nov. 7 @ Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                 L

Nederland Has

Oct. 23 @ Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                       L

Oct. 30 Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                                 L

Nov. 6 @ Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                        L

Livingston has

Oct. 23 Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                           W

Oct. 30 Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.                 L

Nov. 6 @ Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                                L

Lumberton has

Oct. 23 Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.              L

Oct. 30 @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville*, 7:30 p.m.  W

Nov. 6 Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                             W

Predictions for district finish!

Port Neches-Groves 7 0

Central                  6 1

Vidor                     5 2

Ozen                     3 4

Lumberton              3 4

Livingston               2 5

Nederland               1 6

Little Cypress          1 6

I could have some of these wrong, but it is interesting! Where would you make changes? ;D

You have Vidor 2-2 but when you scroll down you have them with 3 more wins. Just thought i should point that out so it can be corrected. Or maybe im not reading this right.

If PNG goes in to the playoffs as a small school, we could face either BH or Dayton, all depending on how their district ends. Does anyone know the records of the teams in 19-4A ? or who is probably going to make it into the playoffs from that District ?

Dayton will be top seed in Division II

Barbers Hill looks like they are in the drivers seat if they win one more game to be the other team...

PN-G would get Barbers Hill and Dayton would probably get Ozen...

The big question is where Angleton ends up...

If they win their district they would be on the side of the bracket that PN-G would be in...

Dayton's side of the bracket will have Brenham.

Those two teams will be the toughest for PN-G and Dayton to get around, if they keep on winning they would meet in the quarter finals.

Haven't yet looked and studied the Division I bracket, but Central, and the winner of the Crosby / Vidor game seems like they have a great chance of advancing all the way to the quarter finals also...

I like this thread. There are 3 weeks of very good district football left. I like (and wont argue) with your picks, but I will say this. District 20-4A is loaded. Anything can happen on a Friday night. I'm impressed that LCM could come back from being down 35-7 in the 3rd quarted and beat Livingston 49-41! I'm impressed that Ozen took a good one from Lumberton. The next 3 weeks will be as interesting and fun as the first 7!

One more thing I GOTTA say. The Vidor fans on this board finally saw what I've been seeing all season. The Indians made believers out of them. I do hope the Indians and Jags get to play for the district championship. It would be an awsome climax to a wonderful regular season. There are just some hungry teams left that will try to keep it from hapening. We'll see

I agree anything can happen on any Friday night! What happened in the LCM game. Did Livingston lose a key player?

Port Neches-Groves 4 0

Central                  4 0

Vidor                     2 2

Ozen                     2 2

Lumberton              1 3

Livingston              1 3

Nederland               1 3

Little Cypress          1 3

My Predictions

Central has

Oct. 23 Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                 W

Oct. 30 @ Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                     W

Nov. 6 Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.             L (close)

PNG has

Oct. 23 @ Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                     W

Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                  W

Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.             W(close)

Vidor has

Oct. 23 Little Cypress-Mauriceville*, 7:30 p.m.    W

Oct. 30 @ Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                      W

Nov. 6 Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                           W

Ozen has

Oct. 23 @ Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.            L

Oct. 30 @ Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.         L

Nov. 7 Little Cypress-Mauriceville                       W

LCM has

Oct. 23 @ Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                              L

Oct. 30 Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                          L

Nov. 7 @ Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.                 L

Nederland Has

Oct. 23 @ Livingston*, 7:30 p.m.                       L

Oct. 30 Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                                 L

Nov. 6 @ Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                        L

Livingston has

Oct. 23 Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                           W

Oct. 30 Beaumont Central*, 7:30 p.m.                 L

Nov. 6 @ Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                                L

Lumberton has

Oct. 23 Port Neches-Groves*, 7:30 p.m.              L

Oct. 30 @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville*, 7:30 p.m.  W

Nov. 6 Nederland*, 7:30 p.m.                             W

Predictions for district finish!

Port Neches-Groves 7 0

Central                  6 1

Vidor                     5 2

Ozen                     3 4

Lumberton              3 4

Livingston               2 5

Nederland               1 6

Little Cypress          1 6

I could have some of these wrong, but it is interesting! Where would you make changes? ;D

You have Vidor 2-2 but when you scroll down you have them with 3 more wins. Just thought i should point that out so it can be corrected. Or maybe im not reading this right.

The bottom is taking in to account my predictions for the rest of the year for everyone else.

If that is correct... then it looks like PNG vs Barbers Hill, Central vs Goose Creek, Vidor vs Crosby and Ozen vs Dayton.......

If CE King gets the 4th spot then PNG vs Dayton, Ozen vs Crosby, Vidor vs CE King and Central vs Goose Creek..........

that game would be fun to watch!!!!

If that is correct... then it looks like PNG vs Barbers Hill, Central vs Goose Creek, Vidor vs Crosby and Ozen vs Dayton.......

If CE King gets the 4th spot then PNG vs Dayton, Ozen vs Crosby, Vidor vs CE King and Central vs Goose Creek..........

that game would be fun to watch!!!!

They all sound interesting to me! ;D

I don't think the fact that the PNG/BH game in the regular season was played at PNG would have anything at all to do with where a playoff game would be played.  The coaches have to agree on a site.

I agree with this assesment. It seems the coaches get together and agree to either play at one of the home fields(unlikly) or to go to another field.

wow maybe have to play b h again

I believe.. since the first game was at the res, if they meet again BH has the option of playing at their stadium.

I don't think that's correct.  The pre-season should have no barring on the playoffs.

I'd prefer to not flip home for home.  If we lost, there's NO WAY BH could handle the crowd.

Guest Silsbee88

I believe.. since the first game was at the res, if they meet again BH has the option of playing at their stadium.

I don't think that's correct.  The pre-season should have no barring on the playoffs.

I'd prefer to not flip home for home.  If we lost, there's NO WAY BH could handle the crowd.

Coaches agree at what facility to play (usually neutral), then they flip for home/visitor.....or at least that is how it was explained to me.

I don't think that's correct.  The pre-season should have no barring on the playoffs.

I'd prefer to not flip home for home.  If we lost, there's NO WAY BH could handle the crowd.

Coaches agree at what facility to play (usually neutral), then they flip for home/visitor.....or at least that is how it was explained to me.

That's true, however, there are times when the coaches flip "home for home".  rarely happens, but it did to PNG when we played CEKing 2 yrs ago.  We played at the Reservation.

What day do you think the first playoff game will be played on Friday or Saturday????

That's 4 weeks away!

From what I was told...

If the coaches agree to flip for home field they can do so, but both have to agree.

This happened with Dayton vs Crosby the last two years.

The first year they flipped and Dayton won the toss, they met the following year in the playoffs, and Dayton HAD to go to Crosby and play because in the previous year they hosted the Cougars.

Last season Dayton hosted Elgin, because Elgin lost the toss.

If Dayton were to play Elgin again this year, the Broncos would have to travel to Elgin.

If PN-G were to play Barbers Hill, the PN-G coach should never agree to flip for home field since the Barbers Hill stands are not large enough.

If PN-G were to play Barbers Hill, the PN-G coach should never agree to flip for home field since the Barbers Hill stands are not large enough.

last 2 PNG home games even our home side was not large enough for all who wanted to attend.. sold out signs in the where they sell tickets

Another question comes to mind. I have been assuming this, but if it works out the way I have it laid out Lumberton and Ozen would be tied and since Ozen beat Lumberton head to head they would go to the playoffs right? If so Ozen would have to lose out and Lumberton would have to win at least 2 more games in order for them to take the spot. Is that correct?

I would hate to play in BH because the stands are so small !!! They may be alittle bigger than livingstons but not by much !!! I think they will go to a neutral site. Probable Stallworth, but you never know, could be further into the Houston area or up in east Texas. I know Faircloth will put into consideration the large fan base PNG has and make sure that the stadium will hold the fan base. How do they determine who is  the home team and the visitor team in the playoffs ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder