High Island vs. Evadale/Evadale wins 15-0/Comments

WOSgrad

First let me echo the MO to say that the Cards came to play at the Battlefield. Nobody told them that the Rebels were supposed to blow them away and in fact nobody told them that they were not going to win. That is one tough bunch of players.

I just finished the unofficial stats that are kept in the press box and here is what I came up with. These are UNOFFICIAL!

Cards

22 Rushing attempts for -7 yards

11 of 17 Passing for 180 yards with fout interceptions

173 Total Yards

6 First Downs

Rebels

28 Rushing attempts for 224 yards and one TD (Stanley)

4 of 8 Passing for 82 yards with two interceptions

306 Total Yards

13 First Downs

That was the Rebels 4th shut out of the year and the 3rd in district play.

Stanley had his first 100 yard game of the season with 105.

Jerrod Herrington had 2 interceptions in the game and has 6 for the year.

The Rebels missed two golden opportunities as they setttled for field goal attempts and were unsuccessful on both. If the Rebels hit those then MO is once again right with the Rebels winning by three TD's 21-0.

But again the Cards are scrappy and if they had scored on that 4th and inches early in the 3rd quarter things might have been different, but once again the Rebel "D" held their ground and turned in a great performance.

Sure beginning to look like a show down at the Battlefield for the final game of the season as the Rebels and the Bulldogs are on a collision course with what looks like a district championship on the line.. Don't get me wrong there are still two games for both teams between now and then and anything could happen.

But it would be exciting if it did come down to that final game and the winner gets to take all!

Evadale played a good game there best players were the ones in stripes

please you never stood a chance your team has come a long way! maybe next year or year after next.

I've never seen a coach call a play from the huddle and not get a flag that was the crazyest thing I've seen in high school football in a while

THE HIGH ISLAND COACH WOULD GO ALMOST TO THE HUDDLE TO CALL A PLAY

evadale played a good game there best players were the ones in stripes

Just for your info., it's their not there.  That ref excuse always

comes out when those that are not very intelligent can't process the game

for what it is and offer some real criticism.  The Rebs are undefeated. The

guys in the stripes do the best they can and tend to lean towards the underdogs

if they lean at all. 

You played hard to the very end Cards and earned a lot of respect from the Rebels

fans.  Good luck with the rest of your season. 

Rebs good job.  Continue to work hard and don't underestimate the rumble at Colmesneil.

I am one of your biggest fans Cardinals and I've spent alot of time on these posts defending all of you til the end. I so much want for the Cardinals to have a bit of respect. I think we were almost there and then this post. You know that Evadale has played extremely well this year...undefeated. YOU should hold your head up and be very proud that y'all held them to 15 points throughout the second half of the game. Many people were predicting that the Rebels were going to stomp all over High Island. The Rebel fans have shown the Cardinals some respect and it definitely should be the other way around as well. Evadale won the game. That is done. Next week, we have homecoming and Chester. Let's get ready for that one and not look back and try and place the blame anywhere on the loss. I am proud of what all of you bring to the field. I am, and always will be, a VERY proud Cardinal fan. But, these kind of comments are embarrassing to all of you and all of us fans! Keep on showing the rest of the district that you deserve respect!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

i agree with big hi fan, twice, we scored atouchdown that the refs called no good. this shouldhave been anyones game bit we got the short stick. i stood right there and watched 34 get inside the end zone by 8inches and the refs said no good. not to mention the offensive pass interference in the end zone. but there isn't anthing we can do now. best of luck rebels ya'll played great fundamental football, that will carry u far. and cardinals,  we are still inthis, webeat chester,colmesneil by 2 td's and then sabine pass and we're in the playoffs. and if we can shutout evadale for 3 quarters, who's to say we cant do the same or better the next 3 weeks

i agree with big hi fan, twice, we scored atouchdown that the refs called no good. this shouldhave been anyones game bit we got the short stick. i stood right there and watched 34 get inside the end zone by 8inches and the refs said no good. not to mention the offensive pass interference in the end zone. but there isn't anthing we can do now. best of luck rebels ya'll played great fundamental football, that will carry u far. and cardinals,  we are still inthis, webeat chester,colmesneil by 2 td's and then sabine pass and we're in the playoffs. and if we can shutout evadale for 3 quarters, who's to say we cant do the same or better the next 3 weeks

This is what I want to hear!!! At least the last part of it!! You ARE still in this Cardinals! Boys, though we shouldn't live in the past, look at what you overcame last year. You will never know how proud your community (make that the whole peninsula) was and still is! Win or lose, that pride will never go away. However, we all believe in you and know what you CAN do. Don't think - for one second - that you are done. I can't wait for Friday night! A high of 66...perfect football weather and homecoming! :-)

GO CARDINALS!!!!

I am one of your biggest fans Cardinals and I've spent alot of time on these posts defending all of you til the end. I so much want for the Cardinals to have a bit of respect. I think we were almost there and then this post. You know that Evadale has played extremely well this year...undefeated. YOU should hold your head up and be very proud that y'all held them to 15 points throughout the second half of the game. Many people were predicting that the Rebels were going to stomp all over High Island. The Rebel fans have shown the Cardinals some respect and it definitely should be the other way around as well. Evadale won the game. That is done. Next week, we have homecoming and Chester. Let's get ready for that one and not look back and try and place the blame anywhere on the loss. I am proud of what all of you bring to the field. I am, and always will be, a VERY proud Cardinal fan. But, these kind of comments are embarrassing to all of you and all of us fans! Keep on showing the rest of the district that you deserve respect!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

I couldn't agree with you more, justryansmom. You cannot blame the refs because we lost. Whether they made some bad calls or not, you still have to play the game. How about instead of finding excuses as to why we lost you just focus on this week and figuring out how you can beat Chester. I guarantee this one won't be easy either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont