Like or Dislike 4 Teams in the Playoffs???

Dislike...might as well put all the teams in the playoffs!

DI champ should play DII champ for the true state champion - IMO

I completely agree. 

Should be a District Champion and a Runner Up that advance to the playoffs.

In the end, DI Champion should play DII Champion.  1 4A State Champion and 1 Runner up.

Heck if we are gonna ever have 4 teams in, we might as well not have districts and just let all of each classification start playing at the beginning of the year, single elimination, and the last team standing wins state... It starts by playing the closest team to your town then expanding throughout the state.  Which means half of each classification would end the season with an 0-1 record.....

juust kidding, but seriously.... four teams do not deserve to be in the playoffs from each district.  Newton considers it an honor that they havent missed the playoffs in forever, and if you start letting four teams in, it doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment... just my opinion

Guest rykerx144

Heck if we are gonna ever have 4 teams in, we might as well not have districts and just let all of each classification start playing at the beginning of the year, single elimination, and the last team standing wins state... It starts by playing the closest team to your town then expanding throughout the state.   Which means half of each classification would end the season with an 0-1 record.....

juust kidding, but seriously.... four teams do not deserve to be in the playoffs from each district.  Newton considers it an honor that they havent missed the playoffs in forever, and if you start letting four teams in, it doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment... just my opinion

Yes I agree!  It should all just be about Newton.  Cause of course thats the only thing that matters right?  Never mind the other teams in the district that has 15 to 18 years old kids that would like something to look forward to each year.  Teams like Shelbyville, Hemphill, San Augustine and Woodville would most likely not put together a team that will be capable of beating Newton in the next several years.  This couple of extra spots gives these type schools around the state something realistic to shoot for.  Most of the time they get eliminated the first round and everything is back to where you state it should be with the top two teams, so what does it hurt.  It allows schools host a few playoffs games and make a few extra dollars. I realize that this might cost the tax payers a few extra dollars in the long run but I pay my taxes and I dont care!  I can tell from most of your post that you ar obviosly a Newton fan or supporter! I also read in a post you just posted that Kirbyville and Newton are the only real schools in this district and everyone else is just "panzies" and should just forefiet.  Well if being from one of the other schools and coming out each week and playing your hardest against schools you know you probably have no chance of beating makes you a "panzies"....Does standing above them laughing at them calling them pansies make you a JERK?

Heck if we are gonna ever have 4 teams in, we might as well not have districts and just let all of each classification start playing at the beginning of the year, single elimination, and the last team standing wins state... It starts by playing the closest team to your town then expanding throughout the state.  Which means half of each classification would end the season with an 0-1 record.....

juust kidding, but seriously.... four teams do not deserve to be in the playoffs from each district.  Newton considers it an honor that they havent missed the playoffs in forever, and if you start letting four teams in, it doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment... just my opinion

Yes I agree!  It should all just be about Newton.  Cause of course thats the only thing that matters right?  Never mind the other teams in the district that has 15 to 18 years old kids that would like something to look forward to each year.  Teams like Shelbyville, Hemphill, San Augustine and Woodville would most likely not put together a team that will be capable of beating Newton in the next several years.  This couple of extra spots gives these type schools around the state something realistic to shoot for.  Most of the time they get eliminated the first round and everything is back to where you state it should be with the top two teams, so what does it hurt.  It allows schools host a few playoffs games and make a few extra dollars. I realize that this might cost the tax payers a few extra dollars in the long run but I pay my taxes and I dont care!  I can tell from most of your post that you ar obviosly a Newton fan or supporter! I also read in a post you just posted that Kirbyville and Newton are the only real schools in this district and everyone else is just "panzies" and should just forefiet.  Well if being from one of the other schools and coming out each week and playing your hardest against schools you know you probably have no chance of beating makes you a "panzies"....Does standing above them laughing at them calling them pansies make you a JERK?

Easy easy... a lot of what i say is joking; however, I guess Im not good at conveying that through my typing... I am very sarcastic... but I do disagree that it should be ok to allow four teams just because some 17 year old is gonna have their dreams crushed.  Football is a great game and one great thing about it is that it makes men out of boys... learning that not everyone wins is a fact of life... but yes I do agree with you that Kirbyville and Newton are the only "real schools" in this district... and no i am not only a Newton supporter, but Kirbyville as well and several other teams.  Newton just has some crazy record of the amount of times they have made the playoffs and they take pride in that, deservingly.  It isnt something to be prideful of if everybody gets to be there....

Guest rykerx144

Heck if we are gonna ever have 4 teams in, we might as well not have districts and just let all of each classification start playing at the beginning of the year, single elimination, and the last team standing wins state... It starts by playing the closest team to your town then expanding throughout the state.   Which means half of each classification would end the season with an 0-1 record.....

juust kidding, but seriously.... four teams do not deserve to be in the playoffs from each district.  Newton considers it an honor that they havent missed the playoffs in forever, and if you start letting four teams in, it doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment... just my opinion

Yes I agree!  It should all just be about Newton.  Cause of course thats the only thing that matters right?  Never mind the other teams in the district that has 15 to 18 years old kids that would like something to look forward to each year.  Teams like Shelbyville, Hemphill, San Augustine and Woodville would most likely not put together a team that will be capable of beating Newton in the next several years.  This couple of extra spots gives these type schools around the state something realistic to shoot for.  Most of the time they get eliminated the first round and everything is back to where you state it should be with the top two teams, so what does it hurt.  It allows schools host a few playoffs games and make a few extra dollars. I realize that this might cost the tax payers a few extra dollars in the long run but I pay my taxes and I dont care!  I can tell from most of your post that you ar obviosly a Newton fan or supporter! I also read in a post you just posted that Kirbyville and Newton are the only real schools in this district and everyone else is just "panzies" and should just forefiet.  Well if being from one of the other schools and coming out each week and playing your hardest against schools you know you probably have no chance of beating makes you a "panzies"....Does standing above them laughing at them calling them pansies make you a JERK?

Easy easy... a lot of what i say is joking; however, I guess Im not good at conveying that through my typing... I am very sarcastic... but I do disagree that it should be ok to allow four teams just because some 17 year old is gonna have their dreams crushed.   Football is a great game and one great thing about it is that it makes men out of boys... learning that not everyone wins is a fact of life... but yes I do agree with you that Kirbyville and Newton are the only "real schools" in this district... and no i am not only a Newton supporter, but Kirbyville as well and several other teams.   Newton just has some crazy record of the amount of times they have made the playoffs and they take pride in that, deservingly.  It isnt something to be prideful of if everybody gets to be there....

thanks... im glad I offend you with every post... i dont understand why or how, but whatever it is about me that gets under ur skin just overlook or something... you really should lighten up

U want respect well then earn it!  You have only been a member a few days and have only a few post and most of them are just insults.  IE:

"I predict that Ozen will have more talent on the field than any other team in Texas, yet they will play like they have never seen a football.  Lumberton wins by 20."

"Cant wait til this game... All the other panzies in District should just forfeit"

"It will be a good game.  We are just lucky to have two teams in our district that will both have a chance to  make a deep run into the playoffs.  I dont care who wins, I just hope they can both stay injury free during these next few weeks of playing panzies."

Then you go into the rankings thread and insult site admins that put that together each week by putting the rankings down! 

I know several fans from Newton and they are also very proud of their accomplishments but would never act like this.    

I totally dislike the 4 team concept.  After the second team it becomes cheapened.  It used to be an honor.  Now it's nothing more than a money thing for these school districts.  It won't be long before all teams go to the playoffs. 

How does everyone feel about 4 teams going to the Playoffs ,

Besides money,and that teams can say they made the Playoffs .what benefit is there for competition

It almost seems to me that it takes the fight out of competition and bragging rights.

Why don't they just send everyone for a tournament....Double elimination....

JMO I like a big school and small school..and maybe a 3rd 1 just because they might have had a bad night ,and may be be better than there record.......But 4 seems to many....

Does anyone agree or disagree?

Yes I agree!  It should all just be about Newton.  Cause of course thats the only thing that matters right?  Never mind the other teams in the district that has 15 to 18 years old kids that would like something to look forward to each year.  Teams like Shelbyville, Hemphill, San Augustine and Woodville would most likely not put together a team that will be capable of beating Newton in the next several years.  This couple of extra spots gives these type schools around the state something realistic to shoot for.  Most of the time they get eliminated the first round and everything is back to where you state it should be with the top two teams, so what does it hurt.  It allows schools host a few playoffs games and make a few extra dollars. I realize that this might cost the tax payers a few extra dollars in the long run but I pay my taxes and I dont care!  I can tell from most of your post that you ar obviosly a Newton fan or supporter! I also read in a post you just posted that Kirbyville and Newton are the only real schools in this district and everyone else is just "panzies" and should just forefiet.  Well if being from one of the other schools and coming out each week and playing your hardest against schools you know you probably have no chance of beating makes you a "panzies"....Does standing above them laughing at them calling them pansies make you a JERK?

Easy easy... a lot of what i say is joking; however, I guess Im not good at conveying that through my typing... I am very sarcastic... but I do disagree that it should be ok to allow four teams just because some 17 year old is gonna have their dreams crushed.  Football is a great game and one great thing about it is that it makes men out of boys... learning that not everyone wins is a fact of life... but yes I do agree with you that Kirbyville and Newton are the only "real schools" in this district... and no i am not only a Newton supporter, but Kirbyville as well and several other teams.  Newton just has some crazy record of the amount of times they have made the playoffs and they take pride in that, deservingly.  It isnt something to be prideful of if everybody gets to be there....

thanks... im glad I offend you with every post... i dont understand why or how, but whatever it is about me that gets under ur skin just overlook or something... you really should lighten up

U want respect well then earn it!  You have only been a member a few days and have only a few post and most of them are just insults.  IE:

"I predict that Ozen will have more talent on the field than any other team in Texas, yet they will play like they have never seen a football.  Lumberton wins by 20."

"Cant wait til this game... All the other panzies in District should just forfeit"

"It will be a good game.  We are just lucky to have two teams in our district that will both have a chance to  make a deep run into the playoffs.  I dont care who wins, I just hope they can both stay injury free during these next few weeks of playing panzies."

Then you go into the rankings thread and insult site admins that put that together each week by putting the rankings down! 

I know several fans from Newton and they are also very proud of their accomplishments but would never act like this.   

I never asked for your respect... I just asked you to lighten up... Oh and Im sure the Administrators knew what I meant by my poll... I know them well

Guest rykerx144

I never asked for your respect... I just asked you to lighten up... Oh and Im sure the Administrators knew what I meant by my poll... I know them well

;) ;D ;D

Like. it gives other teams something too shoot for. Even if they are not the elite two in their district. Heck if your at the top what dose matter too you ? Unless you lose too one of those undeserving teams in the playoffs. The best team is still crowned state champ in December. P.S. I would like too see D1 play D2 for outright champions.

I can see why they do it but I dislike it also.  Back when I played for Jasper...Waaaaaaaayyyyy back this is how the zone looked:

10 AAA East Zone

Zone Games

LCM

Bridge City

Stark (Orange)

Silsbee

West Orange

South Park (Beaumont)

there was one zone champion,  you then had to play the winner of the 10 AAA West Zone in order to be crowned district campion.  That was it. One team out of 12.  man when you won district then it was a big thing.

If there are only two teams that go then the two top spots are what they shoot for.  This way they can say they accomplished something.  But on the other hand if it's a feel good thing then let's let all teams go.  But then you'll see how silly it can really get.

Like. it gives other teams something too shoot for. Even if they are not the elite two in their district. Heck if your at the top what dose matter too you ? Unless you lose too one of those undeserving teams in the playoffs. The best team is still crowned state champ in December. P.S. I would like too see D1 play D2 for outright champions.

I think there is something to be said for it in 5A.  For instance, if you are in a district with 5 schools of 2400 and two schools of 4200 it becomes much harder to compete on a equal level.  There is a much greater difference in the enrollment between West Brook (2500) and North Shore (4300)  than there is between West Brook and Central (1600).  To limit the 5A to two teams would be a problem.  Maybe we need a 6A division.  I agree in 4A and below that 4 teams is too much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont