*Dayton vs. Crosby/Crosby wins 28-0

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs a Crow Burger...

8 Turnovers and i'm sure none of them were punch outs, helmet to ball hits or excellent penetration by the defense to get the ball before the fumbler?

Whats your telling me is the Crosby Cougars just set the State records for forced turnovers in a game, and every fumble is a forced fumble because you have to recover it, thus either a) your offense is slow and doesn't know how to jump on balls, or B) the little engines that could we're playing fumble drill all night? ...

"Looks like "Crostbie's" academics are keeping stride with their athletic program..." Didn't we just beat Dayton? So if thats true then "Crostbies" academics must be pretty dang good... Dunno more than half my senior class had good scholarships to Division 1 universities? whats the graduation statistics for dayton?

It seems like i've been the grammar guy the past week

We'll can versus wanting to piss you off are two different things... Possibly cougar girl can't spell possibly shes an extremely well educated women who wanted to piss you off...

As for spelling... I pretty sure the illiteracy rate is higher in Dayton... Just a hunch...

As for Spirit Ribbons perhaps you should get that Crow burger and start eating sir...

And spare me the next comeback which is "I'm highly educated" Because i am as well so good luck to the broncos for the rest fo the year hope your QB's fine.

Too other Dayton Fans the above is to prove a point to an unmentionable... none of it is meant to be a "crack" on Dayton its just i don't like this person.

Go Coogs! Going for that district title, and if the defense plays like that those cougs gonna be hard to beat...

Not sure where to start...touche', you're really proven that Crosby folks are well educated.  Your fine diction, accurate spelling and impeccable grammar has really set me straight.

I'm sure most of the Div I scholarships were well deserved and you guys are right on track, with your academics.  I know how difficult the admissions requirements for Lee College are, so kudos to you guys.

One quick note, a forced fumble is a completely different than a fumble.  I from what I heard/saw, most of the fumbles were "muffs", not forced by the defense.  Whoever comes up with the ball is credited with a  fumble recovery, not a forced fumble.  Just as an FYI for you guys.

No need for "crow", didn't forecast a Bronco victory, or score, etc...

Go 'Broncs...congrats 'Cougs, you were definitely on your game Friday night.

Someone needs a Crow Burger...

8 Turnovers and i'm sure none of them were punch outs, helmet to ball hits or excellent penetration by the defense to get the ball before the fumbler?

Whats your telling me is the Crosby Cougars just set the State records for forced turnovers in a game, and every fumble is a forced fumble because you have to recover it, thus either a) your offense is slow and doesn't know how to jump on balls, or B) the little engines that could we're playing fumble drill all night? ...

"Looks like "Crostbie's" academics are keeping stride with their athletic program..." Didn't we just beat Dayton? So if thats true then "Crostbies" academics must be pretty dang good... Dunno more than half my senior class had good scholarships to Division 1 universities? whats the graduation statistics for dayton?

It seems like i've been the grammar guy the past week

We'll can versus wanting to piss you off are two different things... Possibly cougar girl can't spell possibly shes an extremely well educated women who wanted to piss you off...

As for spelling... I pretty sure the illiteracy rate is higher in Dayton... Just a hunch...

As for Spirit Ribbons perhaps you should get that Crow burger and start eating sir...

And spare me the next comeback which is "I'm highly educated" Because i am as well so good luck to the broncos for the rest fo the year hope your QB's fine.

Too other Dayton Fans the above is to prove a point to an unmentionable... none of it is meant to be a "crack" on Dayton its just i don't like this person.

Go Coogs! Going for that district title, and if the defense plays like that those cougs gonna be hard to beat...

Not sure where to start...touche', you're really proven that Crosby folks are well educated.  Your fine diction, accurate spelling and impeccable grammar has really set me straight.

I'm sure most of the Div I scholarships were well deserved and you guys are right on track, with your academics.  I know how difficult the admissions requirements for Lee College are, so kudos to you guys.

One quick note, a forced fumble is a completely different than a fumble.  I from what I heard/saw, most of the fumbles were "muffs", not forced by the defense.  Whoever comes up with the ball is credited with a  fumble recovery, not a forced fumble.  Just as an FYI for you guys.

No need for "crow", didn't forecast a Bronco victory, or score, etc...

Go 'Broncs...congrats 'Cougs, you were definitely on your game Friday night.

Ahh.. how sweet. Regardless of the forced unforced conception... Im sure a couple where off hits... if not the QB needs to learn how to place the ball in your running backs stomach.

I wouldn't know what the entrance requirements are for Lee as i graduated and went to UH... was going Honors till i transferred to UMKC with a scholarship (academic).

Really wish we had a stats guy on here who knew the actual stats from the game instead of this hearsay. As for the fact we recovered 8 fumbles I'd say that's a good night of fumble drills. Thank you Dayton we don't have to do those this week meaning we had about an hour and a half of them during the game.

fyi 4 fumbles 1 interception where the turnover totals for the Broncos... 3 on kicks one a defensive stand and an interception as i said...

It sounded a lot more like a gift when you guys inflated the turnover margin...

Good game Broncos gotta catch those balls and good game Cougs jumping on the ball is key for kick returns

Coogs came to play tonight! Dayton imploded, but Coogs put alot of pressure on them. First time I've seen Ploch this year, but was expecting more out of him. He and Merka are real similar. Both big and will run over you, not overly fast, but fast enough. Both follow their blocking well, but Merka looked much better than him tonight. Ploch got his bell rang tonight. I don't know how it sounded over the broadcast, but I wouldn't think Crosby coaches were cheering that Ploch got hurt, but more of the big hit Dylan Judy put on him. Ploch probably out weighs him by 40 pounds. Crosby played well on both sides of the ball. They've improved each week they've played. Congrats Coogs! Well deserved win!

Guest theview

I am new to the area and wanted to go watch some good high school football-so I chose Dayton vs. Crosby.  As I overheard people talking-it was evident that #7 from Dayton was a former Crosby player.  Well, I have been reading the posts on this thread and it is true...he extended both arms to the Crosby fans and told them to "read between the lines."  I lost respect for him instantly and I could not believe he was talking so much trash while getting his brains beat in.  Crosby night be better off without him.  Not knowing much about either school, Crosby was much more prepared and it seemed the Dayton players qit...especially after their QB went down. That was just my point of view.....GREAT WEBSITE GUYS!

Kids said the biggest trash talker and foulest mouth award goes to a kid in Dayton...All we read about was how no one can block him one on one and Dayton's front 3 can not be blocked by any teams front 5 offensive lineman...I guess the RAIN.... helped a 175/lb center man handle him..Dayton quit when Crosby marched down the field on a 75 yard time consuming drive ...It was so funny watching the Dayton coaches getting 15 yard penalties on them cause they could not handle the arss whipping and i thought they were suppose to be the best in making adjustments at halftime..Crosby ran the same plays in the second half and still put another 14 on there halftime adjustments...

The center from Crosby isn't THAT small.

He weighs abound 200-210. And he stands at a towering 5'9"!

hes actually the smallest out of the 5 starting linemen compared to other teams they are the samllest of all but u gotta admit they get the job done. and i heard from the right guard that tony hill or however u spell his name. on a fieldgoal actually reached for his nads and tried to twist em. so no respect for him at all

Geezzz all this trash talk bout grammer and smarts.Crosby won the game and Dayton didn't.How many years has it been sense Crosby beat Dayton?Let Crosby have thier glory.They played better than Dayton hands down.time to move on to the next game....

GO BRONCOS

ALWAYS BELIEVE...

Hats off to the coaching staff and to the players.  Coaches had them prepared and the players performed.  The Crosby Cougars motto this year is "MAAB, Men All About Business".  If you look at statistical leaders you won't find any Crosby players; the teams is balanced and doesn't rely on 1, 2 or 3 players to dominate a game. 

Actual score should have been 35-0 except for the "inadvertent whistle" on the interception from the official on the other side of the field.  Was that official from Dayton? I digress, but a few of the fans would've like Flanigan to run up the score.  He didn't and that shows the class he has and he professes that his players have the same class.  I wonder if the roles were reversed if Stewart would have taken the knee?  We'll never know.

Good job Cougars!

Hats off to the coaching staff and to the players.  Coaches had them prepared and the players performed.  The Crosby Cougars motto this year is "MAAB, Men All About Business".  If you look at statistical leaders you won't find any Crosby players; the teams is balanced and doesn't rely on 1, 2 or 3 players to dominate a game. 

Actual score should have been 35-0 except for the "inadvertent whistle" on the interception from the official on the other side of the field.  Was that official from Dayton? I digress, but a few of the fans would've like Flanigan to run up the score.  He didn't and that shows the class he has and he professes that his players have the same class.  I wonder if the roles were reversed if Stewart would have taken the knee?  We'll never know.

Good job Cougars!

the answer to that is yes.

We could've scored 70 2 years ago in the playoffs. I believe we were at 49 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

congrats on the win Crosby.... Good luck the rest of the way.

Good job Cougars!

We could've scored 70 2 years ago in the playoffs. I believe we were at 49 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I heard a rumor that Stewart one year refused to shake hands after a win one year...... Is that true?.... I heard he just waved at the Crosby coaches and his team just ran off.... If that is true then shame on him.... in fact, that shows Flannigan has real class to extend his hand after that win!

Good job Cougars!

I heard a rumor that Stewart one year refused to shake hands after a win one year...... Is that true?.... I heard he just waved at the Crosby coaches and his team just ran off.... If that is true then shame on him.... in fact, that shows Flannigan has real class to extend his hand after that win!

That was the year that there was a bench clearing brawl (caused by a late hit from a Crosby Cougar).

Dayton cleared the field after the game to avoid more confrontation.

That was the year that there was a bench clearing brawl (caused by a late hit from a Crosby Cougar).

That was a very heated game.... can't blame him for doing that.

Good job Cougars!

At that game you obviously weren't game full of late hits is my memory... and none of them got called until the brawl (in which the player who retaliated and two others (2 dayton 1 crosby where ejected)

Late hits happen a flag should get thrown u take your 15 yards and you let the refs handle it (something texas football needs more of)

Just my recollection with a few people from dayton it seems like every "brawl" is someone else fault i remember a year you almost had to end your season early because of multiple brawls... UIL warnings don't happen often.

Good job Cougars!

At that game you obviously weren't game full of late hits is my memory... and none of them got called until the brawl (in which the player who retaliated and two others (2 dayton 1 crosby where ejected)

Late hits happen a flag should get thrown u take your 15 yards and you let the refs handle it (something texas football needs more of)

Just my recollection with a few people from dayton it seems like every "brawl" is someone else fault i remember a year you almost had to end your season early because of multiple brawls... UIL warnings don't happen often.

WOW!!! So it is true!!! And yes you can blame him for that! If that were the case then with all the Unsportsman penalitys during the game friday, Flannigan should have done the same...but he shows class and shakes hands.... good job coach.....

I guess it only rains when the Cougars are on D.  Its like the 12th man for them.  Apperantly, to you people, without the rain assistance, Crosby is crappy team.  Obviously, yall are a bunch of insecure Ponies who cant accept that Crosby prepared and executed and Dayton didnt.  Sorry, but facts are facts.  If you turn the ball over that many time, you dont deserve to win. 

Give credit to the Crosby coaches and players for making the adjustments from the beginning of the year.  They are a different team now and are on top of YOUR district......RESPECT 

WOW!!! So it is true!!! And yes you can blame him for that! If that were the case then with all the Unsportsman penalitys during the game friday, Flannigan should have done the same...but he shows class and shakes hands.... good job coach.....

Okay... in your eyes, Flanigan is classy... Stewart is not.  ::)  When another outburst is almost sure to ensue.... as the "brawl" was toward the end of the game... I believe he did the right thing. I don't mind agreeing to disagree.

Not really sure why you're still stirring... That is what you're doing.

You won, Dayton fans ate their crow. What else would you like to happen?

Okay... in your eyes, Flanigan is classy... Stewart is not.  ::)  When another outburst is almost sure to ensue.... as the "brawl" was toward the end of the game... I believe he did the right thing. I don't mind agreeing to disagree.

Lose to BH? ;D Oh nevermind your asking Crosby what they would like to happen ;D

Being the fact that it was Crosby's first time this CENTURY to beat the Broncos...

Let them have their bragging rights...

We all need to remember...

7th grade

Ponies SWEPT the cougars

8th Grade

Ponies SWEPT the cougars.

Freshmen

DESTROYED the cougars

JV

Demolished the cougars

The present looks AWEsome for Cougar fans (congrats on district champs if yall win out), but the future is ALL BRONCOS!

PS...

For the sophomores in high school, must have been sweet to finally know what it looks like when Crosby beat Dayton, because as long as you have been students that hasn't happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder