Silsbee at Orangefield

SilsbeeD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kelly Football
You young guys are missing the big picture. I am guessing you are younger than me' date=' pretty sure you are. If you look at the sucessful programs in the area, what sticks out? Their head coach has been there for a long time, Dan Hooks, Cutis Barbay and the Nederland head coach (did not want to misspell his last name) have been there for many years. They coach they same way they did 30 years ago. That is the difference! All of these other school will never be as successful as these programs because they change coaches every 2-5 years. Society won't let new coaches coach old school way and therefore they will do good when they have talent but not go very far in the playoffs and they will not do good when they don't have talent. Think about it, how does WOS, Nederland and Newton have talent every year, they don't. Its coaching my friends.[/quote'] :D Those Schools have talent every Year, trust me. Yes Coaching is the main ingredient but those Schools have talent. WOS has D1 kids every year.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but a lot is being said about the Silsbee offense. This is just me, but It seems that the attention needs to be on the defense. Giving up 28 points a game is not going to cut it in the playoffs, D1 or D2. If they could shore up the defense, they could better use that bll control veer offense and not have to score so many points.

Also, WO-S will be happy to make the playoffs, D1 or D2, it don't matter to us.

Guest bleed orange

You are right "Pimp", Silsbee or Bridge city does not want to go to 4A because they cannot compete and they know that. The only schools that can is WOS, They have been doing it for years. "Kelly", I agree they do have talent(WOS, Newton) But not that many years in a row. Coaching has something to do with it. Curtis Barbay Is coaching grandchildren and great grandchildren of players who played for him. That is the key.

Guest bleed orange

How about a history lesson. 2 years ago you went undefeated in district and got beat in the first playoff game. Jasper went all the way to the state final. Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange

Actually we went 0-10 that year and were not expected to go to the playoffs. Like I said before you talk big now that you are in 3A. You pretty much sucked in 4a. You are really not doing that good in 3A except maybe in district. That means nothing when it come to the playoff's.

I agree with some of what you said, bleed orange. Yes, Silsbee may not have met most peoples expectations for their football team since they have dropped down to 3A, particularly in the playoffs. The other sports have faired very well, though. We ran into a pretty good Palestine team our first year, and last year when we played them our defense played pathetic, probably their worse game of the year.

What I don't agree with you on is the part about Silsbee sucking in 4A. Yes, those last 2 seasons were terrible, two of the worst in Silsbee's history. But, the Tigers went to the playoffs in 3 of those last 6 years in 4A, '98,'99, and '01. They went to the regional finals in '98, losing to LaMarque 20-14, who lost to Stephenville later in the finals. In '99, Silsbee lost to PNG 17-10, who also later lost to Stephenville in the finals that year. The Tigers had some success, I wouldn't say they sucked.

Guest bleed orange

OK, maybe suck was a little strong. Hey preacher you are going to have to do better than that. Jealous, thats funny. I have been trying to find the word "ahame" in the dictionary. I can't find it. Is that a word preacher? :roll:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124