Speed Kills

BORAM

Well it is no longer a secret so let's just get it out in the open so we are all aware. Speed wins over everything else, so if your team has a few players that possess this one of a kind attribute then go ahead and give your team the win. Nothing can overcome a team with a few speedy players, so the coaches with the slower teams can just hang it up and don't even bother trying to implement a game plan to stop the speedy teams.

Guest pirates

Well it is no longer a secret so let's just get it out in the open so we are all aware. Speed wins over everything else, so if your team has a few players that possess this one of a kind attribute then go ahead and give your team the win. Nothing can overcome a team with a few speedy players, so the coaches with the slower teams can just hang it up and don't even bother trying to implement a game plan to stop the speedy teams.

Central, Central, Central

I was really trying not to post too many times on this silly thread, but I couldn't help myself.  It seems that ever since people noticed that we have fast guys after Memorial kicked off to us and we took it to the house.  Ever since then, NO team kicks it deep on kickoffs or punts.  Since you are being sarcastic about not being worried about the 'speedy' teams, kick it deep the whole game.  Let me know how this turns out... 8) 8)

So are we now trying to turn this into a lumberton vs central thing? Cause that isn't where I was going with this at all. But whatever, twist it and toy with it however you'd like. How bout you just save me a seat and we can watch it together.  ;D ;D

Speed is a good attribute, but you also need good tackling, getting through blocks....etc.  Speed alone will let a slower team like Vidor score 50+ on you.

You're right.  Vidor was content with the 5 yards a pop, that we couldnt' stop.  Their offensive line was a direct reflection of that.  Their fundimentally sound.  But, if used right, speed can be just a dangerous and allows you to do way more than if you have a slower team. 

Speed is a good attribute, but you also need good tackling, getting through blocks....etc.  Speed alone will let a slower team like Vidor score 50+ on you.

Go ahead and include yourself in that slower team category. ;D

I'm using you as an example since you guys were the ones that put up 50+....but yes, we are also in that slower category.

I'm using you as an example since you guys were the ones that put up 50+....but yes, we are also in that slower category.

I know just messing with you.. We negated there speed with the power running game.If you try and spread them out and run the ball.....Well I just dont see that happening

I know just messing with you.. We negated there speed with the power running game.If you try and spread them out and run the ball.....Well I just dont see that happening

You know, we still could have used our speed stop yall from scoring so many points.  We could have brought our LB's up and shot a couple of speedsters in the gaps to stop that power running game of Vidor's.  Our coach was content to giving your the 5 yard runs vs taking a chance shooting the gaps and having our players tackle the wrong player and giving up a long run or even paydirt.  I think he relied on your players coughing the ball up getting hit once you made it in the secondary.  But we can't complain.  Our coach went with that game plan and it appeared that it worked.

You know, we still could have used our speed stop yall from scoring so many points.  We could have brought our LB's up and shot a couple of speedsters in the gaps to stop that power running game of Vidor's.  Our coach was content to giving your the 5 yard runs vs taking a chance shooting the gaps and having our players tackle the wrong player and giving up a long run or even paydirt.  I think he relied on your players coughing the ball up getting hit once you made it in the secondary.  But we can't complain.  Our coach went with that game plan and it appeared that it worked.

Well if that was his scheme it worked. 2 fumbles that the Jags turned into 14 points.

Over the last two years of the Broncos advancing in the playoffs, this one fact is true..

After you get past the 3rd round of the playoffs the speed of the game drastically increases.

The athletes get bigger and faster.

You can get around not having speed in district, but to make it to the title game it is almost necessary that you have speed.

This is really true in the lines.

If your defensive front is much quicker than the offensive front you can shut down a very good running team (like Dayton did to Texas City two years ago and to Brenham last year).

If you guys were giving up 5 yard runs mostly, it is very hard to understand how they put 40+ up in regulation????  Seems they would have chewed the clock up.

If you guys were giving up 5 yard runs mostly, it is very hard to understand how they put 40+ up in regulation????  Seems they would have chewed the clock up.

We hittem with a few 40 and 50 yarders but would get caught on the 10 or 20 and then punch it in. I believe we averaged over 8 yards a carry but would have to go back and look at the stats to be sure.

In the second half, our Defense started to get tired and those 5 yard plays started slowly turning into 8-like 11 yarders.  A few 15 yarders as well.  Their O-Line was wearing our D-Line down.

We hittem with a few 40 and 50 yarders but would get caught on the 10 or 20 and then punch it in. I believe we averaged over 8 yards a carry but would have to go back and look at the stats to be sure.

i think it was a little over 8 also

Guest pirates

I'm sorry, but I have to say this.

Central not only has speed, they have talent and discipline.  I was and I am impressed with what Central is doing.  I'm going way out on a limb.  I do expect them to go deep in the playoffs and could bring back to the Golden Triangle the first 4A State Title in several years.

I'm sorry, but I have to say this.

Central not only has speed, they have talent and discipline.  I was and I am impressed with what Central is doing.  I'm going way out on a limb.  I do expect them to go deep in the playoffs and could bring back to the Golden Triangle the first 4A State Title in several years.

WOW!!!  Thanks...  I think we can if we tighten up on Defense..  This is the best Central Offense That I have ever seen.  As far as deiscipline, complexity, and execution!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed