19-4A thru Week 5 Stats 2009-Corrected!

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.

Are there any fact checkers on this site? I hate to rain on the parade but quite a few of these numbers are off. Several of the points for and points against numbers are especially bad.

North Forest hasn't scored 92 points in district. They have only scored 17. They certainly haven't scored 160 points on the year either. They have only scored 36. That's a 124 point difference.

Crosby has only scored 96 points in district not 122, but they have only given up 26 (10, 6, 10) points in district, not 117.

Barbers Hill has scored 92 points in district (33, 35, and 24).

GC Memorial actually has 79 points in district (10, 14, 55) and they've only given up 76.

The Chronicle's box scores are a bad source all in all for the individual statistics-these numbers are called in by the home team and can have some major errors. Also, the Chronicle usually only asks for each team's leading rusher/receiver so most individual stats are off as well.  Not trying to be rude but if you take the time to publish a table, I would double check some of the numbers.

Are there any fact checkers on this site? I hate to rain on the parade but quite a few of these numbers are off. Several of the points for and points against numbers are especially bad.

North Forest hasn't scored 92 points in district. They have only scored 17. They certainly haven't scored 160 points on the year either. They have only scored 36. That's a 124 point difference.

Crosby has only scored 96 points in district not 122, but they have only given up 26 (10, 6, 10) points in district, not 117.

Barbers Hill has scored 92 points in district (33, 35, and 24).

GC Memorial actually has 79 points in district (10, 14, 55) and they've only given up 76.

The Chronicle's box scores are a bad source all in all for the individual statistics-these numbers are called in by the home team and can have some major errors. Also, the Chronicle usually only asks for each team's leading rusher/receiver so most individual stats are off as well.  Not trying to be rude but if you take the time to publish a table, I would double check some of the numbers.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Cap. Some very bogus numbers.

Biggest number that sticks out to me...

Points Allowed by Dayton in district after three games

No one is even close to this (even if some of the numbers are off).

Defense wins championships...

The team that just put up a lot of yardage and points against Barbers Hill (KW Park) Had one first down going into the 4th quarter when the Broncos visited.

Dayton's defensive speed is in a different league, both Crosby and Barbers Hill will find that out in the next couple of weeks.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.

Biggest number that sticks out to me...

Points Allowed by Dayton in district after three games

No one is even close to this (even if some of the numbers are off).

You should carefully read the post above.

BH's numbers are off. They are not even close.  So according to these numbers, yes they are dominating. But there is a problem, the numbers are incorrect.  BH has only scored 92 points in district.  They have also played six games so far while many schools have played 5.

And no one even comes close to Dayton's points allowed? Crosby's scores are 33-10, 35-6, and 28-10 in their respective district games which equals 26 points against. I guess you are right, it's not even close - it's equal. 

North Forest has scored 36 points (just over 5 points a game) all year yet they are credited with scoring 160 (over 30 points a game).

I would consider that number more than a little "off."

If people are going to judge who is better and what not based on these stats, shouldn't the numbers be correct for all teams? 

That's all I am asking and I think it is a legitimate question.

Sorry about the bad numbers.. I started with last years stat sheet and there were some left over figures in the PF and PA columns. I will fix it Monday morning, again I apologize. There is also room for mistakes because I take these stats striaght off of Chron.com.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124