Angleton 48 Friendswood 33

Angleton will not face a defensive front seven as quick as the Broncos, which might be the best front seven in the state (4A).

Angleton will have to go through the air to beat Dayton, then hope they can stop Dayton enough to stay on top.

One game at a time though...

Looking at the bracket, if Angleton and Dayton are both #1 seeds in Division II they will finally match up against each other in the quarter finals.

Just curious....

Angleton, Pearland Dawson, and Friendswood should all three make the playoffs, who do you see as the fourth best team, if Friendswood losses to Pearland Dawson, two more losses could eliminate the mustangs.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angleton will not face a defensive front seven as quick as the Broncos, which might be the best front seven in the state (4A).

Angleton will have to go through the air to beat Dayton, then hope they can stop Dayton enough to stay on top.

Looking at the bracket, if Angleton and Dayton are both #1 seeds in Division II they will finally match up against each other in the quarter finals.

Just curious....

Angleton, Pearland Dawson, and Friendswood should all three make the playoffs, who do you see as the fourth best team, if Friendswood losses to Pearland Dawson, two more losses could eliminate the mustangs.

'

Probably Brazosport, Maybe La Marque could raise some eye brows..Also Sante Fe is doing really good, Alvin could slip in their also as they played Dawson Very Close in week one. The playoff race could come down to the final weeks.

And Angleton has to stop Ploch who has 207 more rushing yds.3 more rushing tds.-440 more passing and 10 more passing tds.

They can!

Dayton can also stop Angleton...

Dayton's defense is getting better every week.

Ploch is also improving weekly, for a guy who didn't play QB until this year, he is an offensive machine.

Not - love to see it. Dayton could not stop Cole - Angleton has 4 kids as good or better than Cole dude. Could be ugly - hope you get there.

Fortunately for Dayton.... the product that is on the field in November is ALWAYS much better than the product in Aug/Sept. Not making a prediction.... but I wouldn't expect to see THAT defense in November.

I think Dayton and Angleton would be a good matchup, But I think that eventually Angleton's speed would get to you for some big plays. They have 3 of the 4 runners off the 4A state champion 4 x 100 relay team from last year in their starting backfield. I actually thought that our lines were better on both sides of the ball than Angleton's, but not by a lot. The Athletes behind those lines though, WOW!

We've got to worry about just getting to the Playoff's, we don't have a week to take a breath. Santa Fe is this week, and they are Undefeated, having beaten Texas City last week. Personally I think the winner of the Santa Fe - La Marque takes the 4th spot in our district. Assuming of course that Dawson, and Friendswood manage to take care of their business.

I think Dayton and Angleton would be a good matchup, But I think that eventually Angleton's speed would get to you for some big plays. They have 3 of the 4 runners off the 4A state champion 4 x 100 relay team from last year in their starting backfield. I actually thought that our lines were better on both sides of the ball than Angleton's, but not by a lot. The Athletes behind those lines though, WOW!

We've got to worry about just getting to the Playoff's, we don't have a week to take a breath. Santa Fe is this week, and they are Undefeated, having beaten Texas City last week. Personally I think the winner of the Santa Fe - La Marque takes the 4th spot in our district. Assuming of course that Dawson, and Friendswood manage to take care of their business.

Me and Purple were talking about that this morning... tons of speed for Angleton.

I agree with your playoff picks.... I'll take LM over SF although SF has been impressive so far. Good to see them competing well.

As good and fast as they are offensively in their (district) Angleton ranks #5 team defense-#7 team pass defense-#4 team rushing defense-#1 scoring offense but # 8 in passing offense for avg.43.4 yds.per gm. Friendswood beat Dayton w/200+ yds.passing.Dayton's strength is their #1 rushing defense w/111.2 per gm.-#1 team scoring defense 16.4 pts.per gm.Huddleuptexas.com wk#6-Class 4A Div II rankings Angleton #1-Dayton #5ย  I like the Broncos chances if we get one Gilbert/Rollins can't beat us w/the pass anymore.

As good and fast as they are offensively in their (district) Angleton ranks #5 team defense-#7 team pass defense-#4 team rushing defense-#1 scoring offense but # 8 in passing offense for avg.43.4 yds.per gm. Friendswood beat Dayton w/200+ yds.passing.Dayton's strength is their #1 rushing defense w/111.2 per gm.-#1 team scoring defense 16.4 pts.per gm.Huddleuptexas.com wk#6-Class 4A Div II rankings Angleton #1-Dayton #5ย  I like the Broncos chances if we get one Gilbert/Rollins can't beat us w/the pass anymore.

not fair to compare team stats since the teams in Dayton's districts are powder puff teams.

Angleton has to play 100% every week in their district.

Dayton didn't fire on all cylinders last week and still managed to win in a blowout 35 to 0.

From what ive seen.Central is the only Team that can compete with Angetlon in the ATH/Speed Catagory.No Offense to the other SETX Teams but their the only Team ive seen that caught Quandre Diggs from behind..But speed isnt everything..I think our O-Line is better and so is a execution..

Txcanes- What type of offense did angleton run? Were they under center? Gun? Optioin attack?

Txcanes can not reply, he was banned by a moderator for a PM challenging his making fun of FW fans not posting on the SETX board after we lost to Angleton. They were under center and in Shotgun. Some zone read , but primarily off tackle and sweeps. Their line is good and the comments about Daytons front 7 being the best in the state 4a are way optimistic. Go watch them play and draw your own conclusions. Front 7 is solid, but not the best. Angleton would be a very tough match up for any one in our Region. They have tons of weapons and athletes!

Just curious....

You are correct - just making the playoff will be a challenge for FW. Angleton is in. Dawson looks like number 2. The 3rd and 4th slots will be between - Manvel, FW , La Marque and Santa Fe in my opinion. Alvin is 5a they are not in our district. Texas City and Brazosport appear to be out at this time.

I wouldn't count Bport out just yet. They put a spanking on Manvel the other night. I believe FWood should get one of the playoff spots when it's all said and done. Dawson should get the other and Bport and Sante Fe may battle it out also. But still too early to tell how this will turn out.

I would love to see Angleton get another shot at Central because of the way Angleton lost last year, but unless FWood and Dawson tank it, Angleton will go Div.2 if they make it.

I wouldn't count Bport out just yet. They put a spanking on Manvel the other night. I believe FWood should get one of the playoff spots when it's all said and done. Dawson should get the other and Bport and Sante Fe may battle it out also. But still too early to tell how this will turn out.

I would love to see Angleton get another shot at Central because of the way Angleton lost last year, but unless FWood and Dawson tank it, Angleton will go Div.2 if they make it.

Good point - that was an unexpected game result! Manvel not as tough as we thought or Bport better than we thought. Manvel did play Dawson a tough game, so shows you how deceiving head to head comparisions can be.

Angleton is the clear no. 1, but Friendswood will beat everyone else.ย  Dawson is next in line, but I don't see Dawson getting within 10 points of the Mustangs.

As for an Angleton vs. Dayton matchup, watch out what you wish for.ย  I'vee seen both teams, and there is no comparison.ย  Angleton would win by at least 20 points.ย  Sorry, but that is the truth!ย 

I hope so ya'll have a good team.Broncos always bloom late.This team has played better than last years at this point.Just to get a shot that far would be nice.As stated by DCTF blog about broncos chances the staff responded they should win bi-dist easy,if they can get past Brenham who knows how far they could go.Good luck FF hope AC heals quickly.

Just curious....

'

Probably Brazosport, Maybe La Marque could raise some eye brows..Also Sante Fe is doing really good, Alvin could slip in their also as they played Dawson Very Close in week one. The playoff race could come down to the final weeks.

Alvin is 24-5A

Just curious....

4th place will probably come down to LaMarque or Santa Fe.ย  I never count the Cougars out, but Santa Fe is having their best season in years.ย  That will be an interesting match up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83