* BH vs. Kingwood Park/The Hill wins 24-21/Comments

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW and I didn't go to this one because I figured BH would blow em out!!! Not a good showing by the Eagles can't wait to here what happened! It is a win though ;D

It was only close because you weren't there................and JJ didn't give any updates.

I think I'm on the Bandwagon.... :o :o

Wow, what happened here? Was it turnovers or coaching?

That didn't take long...its never about EXECUTION (or lack of it) with you is it?  Can't EVER be a 16-17 yo's fault, they never make mistakes?  Wow....thought you might have turned a corner too. 

:)  glad the world is back in balance again.

I just have one thing to say. Can someone please tell me why you would take #40 Mitchell Hopper, one of your better defenders, move him to receiver and then you throw the ball two him twice. You cant tell me that he means more to the offense than defense.......COME ON MAN

Put him back at Safety where he belongs and lets someone else go in on offense and play DECOY. He is way to valuable on defense. He means to much to this team and the defense to have him just running routes.

We did have a couple of turnovers but this was just a case of being overconfident and thinking we were just going to show up and KP was goin to lay down for us.  We finally woke up to find ourselves in a football game.  Hats off to KP.  They kicked our behinds all over Turner Field.  The good news is that we found a way to win.  Hopefully this is our lull for the season.

I agree with that...in fact, as we go into the final stretch, we need some players going both ways to close the deal...I think Hopper is one of 'em.

I agree, and I also wouldn't mind seeing #11 in there on D with the game on the line and you just had to have a stop. But these games are character builders for the team, not so much for me though, I like the 2 or 3 TD wins.  ;D ;D

IMO , plain and simple, the kids took this team for granted..Thought this would be just another win.. can't do that with anybody, BH has to take each team a week at a time or we'll get beat....I agree,I like Hopper on defense.. There are two or three kids with good speed and hands that aren't being used that could fill the other receiver spot.. Crosby is playing better ball and Dayton, well nuff said, its their crown until somebody takes it and they appear to finding their offensive consistency..I also understand we got another kid hurt, whats the story there? Hope its not to severe......

Stats:

Scoring summary

KPK -- Adrian Quintero 1-yard run (Kyle Trimm kick), 02:15, 1st.

BHL -- Matthew Viverette 5-yard run (Chris Frazier kick), 01:03, 1st.

BHL -- Andrew McMillan 4-yard run (Chris Frazier kick), 03:29, 2nd.

KPK -- Adrian Quintero 16-yard pass from Dylan Kubala (Kyle Trimm kick), 00:34, 2nd.

BHL -- Matthew Viverette 28-yard run (Chris Frazier kick), 08:27, 3rd.

KPK -- Adrian Quintero 3-yard run (Kyle Trimm kick), 10:24, 4th.

BHL -- Chris Frazier 29-yard field goal, 00:00, 4th.

Team Stats

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill Humble Kingwood Park

Total yards 437                          317

First downs 20                             13

Rushes/Yds 34/141                     32/169

Average rush 4.15                      5.28

Comp/Atts 17/28/1                      5/12/1

Pass yards 296                            148

Comp pct 60.71                          41.67

Punts 1                                       3

Punting Yards 27                         117

Punting Average 27                      39

Fumbles/Lost 2/1                         1/0

Penalties-yards 4-33                   6-45

Viverette 17 of 28 for 296 yds, 104 yds rushing (2 TD's)

Hillguy's stats speak volumes....Viverette obviousy had another good game with 60 percent completion rate and almost 300 yds thru the air.....but KP is not exactly the OU Sooners on the ground or at least they shouldn't be......a 5.28 rushing average......not bad for team not known for a rushing offense..#40 back on Defense and #42 healthy and I'll bet that rushing number drops considerably.....now a good team like Dayton that would be expected.....BH punted "one " time.....but anyway congrats to the team and coaches...GOOD JOB......By the way, gotta give kudo's to Coach Brown.. His receiving corp is obviously well coached......

First off, KP played and awesome game and are far better than their record indicates. 

Great job Eagles, never giving up and fighting until the end.  You showed heart and character tonight, so keep it up!

I agree with others, I think we came in expecting to run over KP with ease, and almost got our tail handed to us on a platter.  I hope our kids learn a lesson about taking teams to lightly, no matter what their record.

I thought our "D" played well, just got burned on those long passes.  Our offense played pretty good overall as well, had two turnovers that were huge.  The one pick was legit, Matt just threw a bad pass.  The fumble on the other hand was a bunch of, well you know, the ground caused the fumble.  When he was hit he came down and hit the ground with the ball and that caused the fumble.  We got hosed on that call and the Offensive interference call on our opening drive, both of those drives would have resulted in TD's I'm sure.  KP fumbled two times but of course the player was already down... LIKE MATT WAS!!!  I know Ref's have a hard job, but I swear most of these guy's shouldn't be calling Varsity High School games!!!  Our kids over came though, that's what is important.

Some of why the game was as tight, was because of these two horrible calls.

Oh, Matt did play some "D" tonight and made one really good hit.

Proud of you Eagles!!  But get prepared for the game like every team is the greatest team you've ever played.

There were several calls in this game that were questionable at best.  I agree with BH34 that the Offensive interference call on the first drive was bogus.  # 85 did A great job of fighting for the ball.  We stripped the ball from their guys on at least 3 occasions but didn't get the call.  We recovered all 3.  I have seen better from the local refs.  That being said,  We did not play our best.  Can you say wake up call??  We need to get refocused before the next 3 games.  This will be a tough stretch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83