*HD vs. Evadale/Evadale wins 14-7/Comments

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted to say a lot about this game but i'll just say congrats Rebels and good game Bobcats

i still don't see how that was a touch back the ball never crossed the line only the player's legs  

It seemed from my point of view, and I was pretty high up, that the momentum as our player slid caused the ball to break the plain.  It was close and I could be wrong, but I think it was the right call.

From a stats point of view this one was much closer than it should have been. I do not want to take a thing away from HD, but I know that the Rebels had twice as much offense as HD had. Total offense for the game was Rebels 195 to the Bobcats 104. Note 47 yards of HD's offense came on the 47 yard TD pass in the second quarter. 

Time of possesion had to be 3 to 1 in the Rebels favor and again in the first half the Rebels had 7 first downs to only 2 for HD For the game First downs was Rebels 14 and HD 4. The HD touchdown was a great pass over the Rebel corner when he bit on the run fake. Gilmore was Hd's leading rusher with 36 yards, but 20 of that total came in the first quarter so 16 more yards for the rest of the game. The Rebel defense allowed only 24 yards of rushing and three rushers from HD had negative yards for the game.

The Rebels wore HD down and being on the field for so long on defense had to take it out of the Bobcats, not to mention the only HD offensive play of the third quarter was a pas picked off by the Rebels that went for a TD. The Rebels won the turnover battle as HD lost an Int, a fumble and an onsides kick. It was a HARD fought game. But this was a big victory for the Rebels.

The Rebels are now one of only three remaining undefeated teams in SETX. PNG, Newton and Evadale are all that remain with a clean loss column. 

Great job Rebels, keep it going!

Game was simular to last years where the Rebs controled the ball and held HD to just under 100yds total offense.  I see the Rebs winning out the rest of the way and hopefully we can stay healthy.  Hopefully we can open up the playbook a little more with some sucess over these next few games. 

I was a the game supporting my Evadale buds and this being a huge game, couldnt pass up the invitation.  The Rebels looked very flat compaired to the season opener against Deweyville.  Seemed like they are getting one dimensional.  They won, so what can you say?  I just feel that if they are going to have success in the playoffs they will have to get the running game going(other than the QB) and at least pass a little to keep the defenses honest.  If I'm not wrong, they completed one pass and that was by the halfback.  Only one attempt by the QB.  Seems like they have no intention of passing.

Best of luck to Evadale from here on out and i wish em luck.

Sorry traywick, ya'll got beat by evadale sounds like it was a good game, but either way a win is a win! Don't come on here saying how ya'll beat ya'lls self because obviously they had something to do with it holding ya'll to 100 yards of offense. No excuses! You shouldn't be on here talking about last night's game instead start thinking about what ya'll can do better individually and as a team so ya'll don't "beat ya'lls self" next week.

Congrats to Evadale, yall have a good team. Tough scrappy game just like I said it would be. Evadale was finally tested this year by a good H-D team, and they passed the test. Looks like back to back District titles for the Rebs. Also it was good to meet yall Big Mo and 83, yall share the same passion I have for my team. H-D keep working hard and remember yall can still make the playoffs. Bobcats we have tons of young talent coming up for the next 5 or 6 years. Kids like the 8th grade QB "Spot" they call him. Next year kids like Garrett Hickman and Micheal Tanner will move up to play with Tyler Drake and Chris Taylor two freshman already on Varsity. So Bobcats don't worry the District Championships will be coming back to H-D soon. I am glad Gilmore and Issac Humphrey will be back next year. Is Andrew Persley coming back? Andrew is a good player that works hard. Also the Hill kid is a tough smart player and a good cornerback. Go Bobcats !!

Andrew Pursley isn't going anywhere.  But what we need is more players who take the game serious in the off season and not just play on their ability.  Too many players dont get any better from year to year.  Thats a lack of discipline .  The boys played very hard and nobody is going to score many points on the HD defense.  We just have to score some ourselves.  The team is getting better and will be ready come playoff time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics