Silsbee @ Jasper/DOGS WIN ON LATE TD!/COMMENTS

once again a great Silsbee Jasper game.  amost the same way they ended it last year.   what a great way to enter into district for both teams.  Thanks for the broadcast Mike and Tim.

This one was tough to listen to. We didn't play well at all in the second half, but still gutted it out. Huge win for the Dawgs...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after this I still think jasper has a great team. In the past couple of years if jasper was behind they couldn't make a comeback but jasper proved themselves to me. Go dawgs!

Yes, Jasper has a very good team They are big, Strong and fast. And definantly the best 3A team in setx. And they didnt just talk they proved it on the field. The way its supposed to be done. Im Glad they are in another district. ;D

there is no way silsbee should have lost that game!! poor coaching and poor decision by QB cost them the game!  sad bc the silsbee defense played their hearts out as usual!

I agree

You do not throw the ball on 3rd down with under 2 minutes, when the other team has no timeouts.

Poor coaching decisions  >:( >:( >:(

Silsbee defense played their butts off tonight.

Guest dawg4life

thats what happens when you play conservative

you refering to silsbee?? if so, conservative could have very well won the ball game for the tigers.

with 2:39 left in the game @ jaspers 33 facing 3rd and nine i personally think running the ball that down and at that point even 4th if need be,  if no first down would have at least put my beloved DAWGS with 70-80yds to go versus the int return that put them on silsbee's 40(by the way that made our cornerback sensation #11 Cedric McGill's season total now come to eight). :)

that said..................my hats off to the Silsbee Tigers tonite!!! those young men put up one heck of a fight and played a tough game on both sides of the ball giving Jasper alot more of a challenge then most expected. once again this game proved that team records coming into this game go out the window when these two get together.

way to go  Dawgs on a great win.  Jasper is proud of u!!

Gotta question for the Silsbee Football parents.  

What do you tell your young men after the losses they have had?  

People say...."Its just a game." - It isn't just a game to my son. He has been taught to give 100% effort, 100% of the time. He does just that and I believe it shows.  Shoot...a bunch of them boys do.

Ive told him we can only control ourselves, and to look into a mirror if things are not going your way. Ask yourself what could you have done to change the outcome?  If you know, change your actions and move on.

I don't know.  I'm at a loss for words.  Its hard for a young man to keep motivated when he goes through stuff like this.

Jasper...Good game. You pulled it out.  Congratulations.

Silsbee...The young men played hard tonight.  I am proud of each and everyone of them.  Sorry about the score.

Gotta question for the Silsbee Football parents.  

What do you tell your young men after the losses they have had?  

People say...."Its just a game." - It isn't just a game to my son. He has been taught to give 100% effort, 100% of the time. He does just that and I believe it shows.  Shoot...a bunch of them boys do.

Ive told him we can only control ourselves, and to look into a mirror if things are not going your way. Ask yourself what could you have done to change the outcome?  If you know, change your actions and move on.

I don't know.  I'm at a loss for words.  Its hard for a young man to keep motivated when he goes through stuff like this.

Jasper...Good game. You pulled it out.  Congratulations.

Silsbee...The young men played hard tonight.  I am proud of each and everyone of them.  Sorry about the score.

I've been there in those same shoes......its usually the day after that they will listen to you when their head is cleared. I told mine to get back up and shake the dust off and give your best  again the next time. Success comes from failure if you learn from it. I believe sports helps prepare you for life. Things sometimes just dont go your way but you have press on with a good attitude...........old coach buddy of mine had a saying.(sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes you run into a buzz saw)....lol

Stats for Silsbee/Jasper game

1st Half

Silsbee

rushing  10 rushes  1 yard

passing  8-16  134 yards  1 TD  1 INT

total    26 plays  135 yards

FD        7

Jasper

rushing  29 rushes  100 yards  TD

passing  2-5  34 yards

total      34 plays  134 yards

FD        9

Final

Silsbee            Jasper

rushing      21/44 yards TD    50/166 yards TD

passing    17-35 265 2/3      5-13 52 1/0

total          56/309                63/218

FD              15                      13

fumbles      1/1                      3/2

penalties    2/20 yards          4/35 yards

Individual

Silsbee

rushing- Johnson 15/37 yards

Barnes 4/3 yards

Bolton 1/4 yards  TD

Hill    1/0 Yards

Passing- Johnson  17-35  265 yards  2TD's 3 Int's

Recieving- Lane  5/150 yards TD

Hill    4/37 yards

Barnes 4/16 yards

McDaniel 2/40 yards

Rhone  2/15 yards  TD

Jasper

rushing- Alvis 17/68 yards

Armstrong 19/59 yards TD

Adams  8/21 yards

Morrisey  6/18 yards

passing- Alvis 5-13 52 yards  TD

recieving- Middleton 2/16 yards TD

Adams  1/22 yards

Martinez 1/12 yards

Morrisey 1/2 yards

1st Half

Silsbee

rushing   10 rushes   1 yard

total     26 plays   135 yards

FD        7

Jasper

rushing   29 rushes  100 yards  TD

passing   2-5  34 yards

FD        9

Final

Silsbee             Jasper

rushing       21/44 yards TD    50/166 yards TD

passing     17-35 265 2/3       5-13 52 1/0

total           56/309                63/218

FD               15                       13

fumbles       1/1                      3/2

penalties     2/20 yards           4/35 yards

Individual

Silsbee

Barnes 4/3 yards

Bolton 1/4 yards  TD

Hill    1/0 Yards

Hill    4/37 yards

Barnes 4/16 yards

McDaniel 2/40 yards

Rhone  2/15 yards  TD

Jasper

Armstrong 19/59 yards TD

Adams  8/21 yards

Morrisey  6/18 yards

Adams  1/22 yards

Martinez 1/12 yards

Morrisey 1/2 yards

This is getting to be an old hat here in Tigerland. I'm hoping that we are saving it all for district. Barnes has to get his touches, this guy is a chain mover and we need him to get the ball. I know the offensive line is young but this is the middle of the season and time to get it going. This team has the look of something good but we have got to move the ball on the ground. 

Guest bigcat

1st Half

Silsbee

rushing   10 rushes   1 yard

total     26 plays   135 yards

FD        7

Jasper

rushing   29 rushes  100 yards  TD

passing   2-5  34 yards

FD        9

Final

Silsbee             Jasper

rushing       21/44 yards TD    50/166 yards TD

passing     17-35 265 2/3       5-13 52 1/0

total           56/309                63/218

FD               15                       13

fumbles       1/1                      3/2

penalties     2/20 yards           4/35 yards

Individual

Silsbee

Barnes 4/3 yards

Bolton 1/4 yards  TD

Hill    1/0 Yards

Hill    4/37 yards

Barnes 4/16 yards

McDaniel 2/40 yards

Rhone  2/15 yards  TD

Jasper

Armstrong 19/59 yards TD

Adams  8/21 yards

Morrisey  6/18 yards

Adams  1/22 yards

Martinez 1/12 yards

Morrisey 1/2 yards

This is getting to be an old hat here in Tigerland. I'm hoping that we are saving it all for district. Barnes has to get his touches, this guy is a chain mover and we need him to get the ball. I know the offensive line is young but this is the middle of the season and time to get it going. This team has the look of something good but we have got to move the ball on the ground. 

Silsbee was using several new offensive linemen last night. All but 1 that started last night were Jrs or SRs. Need a little meat on the line.

Congratulations Bulldogs on a good win.No matter how you want to look at that last TD, the player has to be congratulated for great concentration to make that catch while lying on his back. The Tigers as coaches or players have to figure out how to close games like these.  This is two in a row that should have been won.  Maybe we should have run on that last 3rd down but if we were going to throw it it was the right call.  Prentice had been going up and catching those all night,  that one was simply overthrown.

I just have 1 question.

What was Silsbee doing throwing the ball with 2:38 to go and on the opponent end of the field? ::)

The only opponent on the field was the clock............ :-[

Who called this play, the coach or the qb........... ???

Some serious questions here my friends. The kids played good enough to win....JMO ;)

Jasper was out of timeouts also. so you figure if you run the ball on 3rd down and punt on 4th down jasper is left with a long field and about 60 sec. IF silsbee doesnt convert on 3rd down running..good luck against wos ya'll have a better team than they do..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont