*Vidor at Central/JAGS WIN IN 2 OVERTIMES!!!Rebroadcast today at 2!

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We would see them in regionals not state!!  I watched the game and beore the touchdown that ball was fumbled intho the endzone... which would have been a touchback, Central ball!!!

True, but this is taking nothing from the pirates. the ball did seem to go through the endzone. The officials overall called the cleanest game. They blew a call in the north endzone when heard clearly brokr the plain, they marked him short. The two point conversion was suspect also, though.

What a game and what a competetive nature both these teams possess :)

I think I need to go be at this game and not in TENNESSEE!!!  I am about to have a heart attack!!

complaining about the clock and not at the game >:(. Vidor's field goal was blocked but they was given another chance at it, which was successful. Clock,clock, clock, at lease it was working. Slowing it down helped Vidor. Refs missed calls both ways. But c'mon lets not tournish the effort these kids put out lastnight. both squads deserved to win that game. Vidor, I'll be pulling for you the rest of the way.

Beaumont Central 57, Vidor 56 - Final

Vidor Overall: 3-1  District: 0-1

Beaumont Central Overall: 3-1  District: 1-0

Boxscore

Friday September 25, 2009 7:30pm

1  2  3    4  OT    Total

Vidor                  7  14  6  16  13      56

Beaumont Central 7  7  22  7    14      57

Scoring summary

VID -- Shane Pittman 10-yard run (Jacob Janise kick), 8:32, 1st.

BCT -- Keenan Holman 9-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), 4:09, 1st.

BCT -- Keith O'Neal 6-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 9:56, 2nd.

VID -- Shane Pittman 2-yard run (Jacob Janise kick), 3:52, 2nd.

VID -- Nick Dozier 1-yard run (Jacob Janise kick), 0:15, 2nd.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 50-yard run (Brenan Jackson run), 9:52, 3rd.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 17-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), 6:35, 3rd.

VID -- Kevin Tate 8-yard run (run failed), 2:25, 3rd.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 7-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 1:20, 3rd.

VID -- Shane Pittman 2-yard run (Jacob Janise kick), 6:59, 4th.

VID -- Nick Dozier 9-yard run (run failed), 2:51, 4th.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 53-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 1:23, 4th.

VID -- Jacob Janise 37-yard field goal, 0:01, 4th.

VID -- Shane Pittman 14-yard run (Jacob Janise kick), OT.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 11-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), OT.

BCT -- Donte Wilkerson 1-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), OT.

VID -- Shane Pittman 2-yard run (run failed), OT.

Team Stats

Vidor Beaumont Central

Total yards 469          427

First downs 30            18

Rushes/Yds 71/430    38/368

Average rush 6.06      9.68

Comp/Atts 1/3/0      5/10/0

Pass yards 39              59

Comp pct 33.33          50

Punts        0                1

Punting Yards 0          34

Punting Average 0        34

Fumbles/Lost 6/3        1/0

Penalties-yards 4-40    8-47

Vidor

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Nick Dozier 1 3 33.33 39 0 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Jacob Peevey 12 73 6.1 0 0

Shane Pittman 34 208 6.1 0 5

Kevin Tate 20 145 7.3 0 1

Nick Dozier 5 4 0.8 0 2

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

James Laramore 1 39 39 0 0

Beaumont Central

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Donte Wilkerson 5 10 50 59 3 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Nijel Daw 7 115 16.4 0 3

Brenan Jackson 1 19 19 0 0

Keith O'Neal 19 139 7.3 0 1

Damon Heard 7 74 10.6 0 0

Donte Wilkerson 4 21 5.3 0 1

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Nijel Daw 3 35 11.7 0 2

Keenan Holman 2 24 12 0 1

Looking at stats in paper:

Keith O'neal rushes 38/368 for Central and Vidor has total of 430 as team.

We rushed for 368 as a team.  Daw and O'Neal rushed for 100+.  The 'suprise' had those stats all bundled up.  Even I was somewhat confused when I saw the Newspaper.  But, you know, typical 'suprise'...

Vidor's #25 is a workhorse, and I was glad to see him shake off a few injuries :) That running game Vidor fields is rediculous :)

I remember #25 having success against us last year along with the other big Back they had last year, Reynolds...

Yea #34 is a sideline runner, that can get the corner. Our kids could run him down but he did have success. #30 was a compliment to 25 and 34. I say it again, that running game is ridiculous :) Lumberton better bring their lunch. Man, I know that'll be a good one. 20 4a should be entertaining no matter which game you attend.

Man, what a game! Tough loss for my boys. Just watched the replay on FOX 4 game of the week and the player (Pitman?) is on his back in the end zone, over the goal line. But all that matters is if the referees raise their hands or not... ::)

Regardless though, we took the hardest hitting defense year in and year out to the wire. We pretty much matched up with one of the highest caliber offenses toe to toe save for our fumbles WHICH WE REALLY NEED TO WORK ON!!! Without those two fumbles, Central loses two scoring drives. We have to protect the ball!!!

So, congrats to the Jags on a great game with no quit. Beat the crap out of the rest of the district. We'll work at doing the same.  ;D

Not true!  Those were forced fumbles not bad ball security!!!!

Save that one dropped pass, that forced the one punt, we score before the half and we go in 21-14 and score again after half like we did and be up 28-14!!!  There were alot of ifs in this game!!!

"if in buts we got screwed"

lets not start that, lets not take away from a great game between these two teams, Vidor could sit here and say

"if" we don't fumble those two times we win, cause Central scored on those lost fumbles

"if" we kicked the PAT and not go for two during the  third quarter we win and never have to go into OT!

Vidor could say

the person running the clock "screwed" us  

we got "screwed" on the two point conversion in OT he was in.

Central can say

"if" we wouldn't have dropped a pass it might have not been so close anyways

"if" we wouldn't have jumped offsides the game would have been over and we don't go into OT

the refs  "screwed" us on that fumble call right at the one yard line.

you win with class you lose with class, on that i want to congratulate the Central Jaguars on a GREAT WIN lets not sit here and start making excuses lets not take anything away from this game.

WHAT A GAME

lets not start that, lets not take away from a great game between these two teams, Vidor could sit here and say

"if" we don't fumble those two times we win, cause Central scored on those lost fumbles

"if" we kicked the PAT and not go for two during the  third quarter we win and never have to go into OT!

Vidor could say

Central can say

"if" we wouldn't have jumped offsides the game would have been over and we don't go into OT

you win with class you lose with class, on that i want to congratulate the Central Jaguars on a GREAT WIN lets not sit here and start making excuses lets not take anything away from this game.

WHAT A GAME

Not a classier post on this thread, thumbs up

Vidor could say

Central can say

WHAT A GAME

i completely agree here, there were calls that went both ways, i am normally the guy that calls out the refs right off the bat, but i'm not on this one, they're human' they're going to make mistakes, i saw that the game was fairly reffed, central came out on top, great game guys, i still think we should have passed more though, the deep post to laramore was open all night long

It was the best offensive high school football game that I have ever seen.  I can understand why people are crying because we were just so close...A lot of calls can go either way...The clock guy was horrible (worst I have ever seen) but it ended up helping us not hurting us.  The fumble out of bounds in the 2nd OT was a very close call.  And of course the last play.

But really, hats of to both teams.  I say congrats to Soulja and Central (the boys and the fans).  Vidor has no reason to hang their heads.  If they play 80% that good from here on out, they should easily make the playoffs.  Tough loss for the Vidor.  Iconic win for Central. 

No Excuses...we lost 57-56 (can you believe those two numbers).

It was the best offensive high school football game that I have ever seen.  I can understand why people are crying because we were just so close...A lot of calls can go either way...The clock guy was horrible (worst I have ever seen) but it ended up helping us not hurting us.  The fumble out of bounds in the 2nd OT was a very close call.  And of course the last play.

But really, hats of to both teams.  I say congrats to Soulja and Central (the boys and the fans).  Vidor has no reason to hang their heads.  If they play 80% that good from here on out, they should easily make the playoffs.  Tough loss for the Vidor.  Iconic win for Central. 

Those Numbers are Crazy!!!

It was the best offensive high school football game that I have ever seen.  I can understand why people are crying because we were just so close...A lot of calls can go either way...The clock guy was horrible (worst I have ever seen) but it ended up helping us not hurting us.  The fumble out of bounds in the 2nd OT was a very close call.  And of course the last play.

But really, hats of to both teams.  I say congrats to Soulja and Central (the boys and the fans).  Vidor has no reason to hang their heads.  If they play 80% that good from here on out, they should easily make the playoffs.  Tough loss for the Vidor.  Iconic win for Central.  

113 points Vidor Vs Central, a record. Always a close game between us. I am glad I made this game. I actually was leaving when Vidor missed the field goal. And was told Central was off side I went back to watch the remainder of the game but, couldn't take it when Vidor was going for two. I listened from the parking lot. Either Vidor will celebrate or Central will  :)

Pirates fall to Jaguars 57-56 in 2 OTs

Greg Hayes

The Orange Leader

BEAUMONT — As the pile of Vidor and Central players cleared away from the goal line following Vidor’s two-point conversion attempt in the second overtime, the ball lay in the end zone and the Pirates offensive line jumped up with hands raised. But no official signal was given, and the final score on the scoreboard read 57-56 in favor of the Jaguars … proving once again that football is truly a game of inches.

“I thought it was in,†Vidor head coach Jeff Mathews said. “Our box thought it was in. It looked like we made it in. But that is not our call to make.â€

The play to get Vidor back in the game in the fourth quarter came off the leg of kicker Jacob Jeanise, as he booted and recovered his own onside kick following a 13-play, 71-yard drive that ended with Shane Pitman plunging in from two yards out with 6:59 remaining in the fourth to give Vidor 34 to Central’s 36.

“We took a gamble on the onside kick,†Mathews said. “And it paid off. I felt like we were always in this game. But we did have a couple of turnovers that really hurt us … not just because we dropped them but because we were getting hit hard. Both teams played well tonight, and we knew that both defenses would have some trouble.â€

Following the onside kick, Vidor made mincemeat of the Jaguar defense in a nine-play, 46-yard drive, capped off by quarterback Nick Dozhier scampering in a keeper from nine yards out on first and goal to put the Pirates up 40-36 with 2:51 remaining in the fourth. The two-point conversion failed.

But Central responded back in five plays, taking the ball from their own 26 yard line and dashing the Pirates defense with a 45-yard run by Nigel Daw on fourth and 1 to end the drive with the Jags ahead 43-40 with 1:23 on the clock.

Vidor responded by calling on Jeanise again to kick a 38-yard field goal to knot the game at 43 all with one second remaining to send the game to overtime. The score capped a 7-play drive that began at the Central 24 yard line after Jacob Peevey returned the Central kickoff 68 yards.

Vidor drew first blood in the game off the legs of Pitman as he scored from 11 yards out to cap a nine-play, 67-yard drive with 8:32 remaining in the first quarter.

Central gained their first score on their very first possession as well, as quarterback Donte Wilkerson hit Keenan Holman for six with 4:07 remaining in the first, capping a nine-play, 54-yard drive to make the score 7-7.

After the Pirates fumbled on Central’s 34 yard line, the Jags went ahead 14-7 as Keith O’Neal rumbled in from six yards out on a first-and-goal play with 9:56 remaining in the second quarter to end a 66-yard, six-play drive.

Vidor evened the score at 14-14 by ramming the ball down the Jaguars’ throats with their ground-and-pound style of offense, knocking the Jags defense around on a grueling 12-play, 80-yard drive, capped off by Pitman punching the ball in from the two on a fourth and goal play, chewing the clock down to 3:52 remaining in the half.

Vidor scored again before the half ended, however, going ahead 21-14 as they went 66 yards in seven plays with 15 seconds remaining once Dozhier snuck over the goal line on a second-and-goal play from the one yard line.

Central wasted no time after the second half began, going ahead 22-21 with a two-point conversion by Brennan Jackson to compliment Daw’s 50-yard touchdown scamper to cap a six-play, 80-yard drive with 9:52 remaining in the third.

Central strengthened their third quarter lead, taking over at the Vidor 42 yard line following a fumble by the Pirates, as Wilkerson found Daw with a 17-yard strike on a first and 10 play with 6:35 to go in the half, capping a six-play drive.

Vidor’s Kevin Tate found the end zone from eight yards out on the Pirates next drive consisting of nine-plays covering 63 total yards with 2:25 remaining in the third. But that was plenty of time for the Jaguars to put together a four-play, 60-yard drive for the final score of the third quarter, when Daw on first and goal went the distance on a seven-yard run.

Vidor will travel to Lumberton next week in District 20-4A action.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn