Post STJFL Week 5 scores

KDM 2

I second that  tragichippy !!!!!   I know our coaches have pulld our team back once they hit the 28 point diff,,,,,  I've heard him tell them that they are gona easy up !!!!  I dont think a team earns any respect by running up the score !! Maybe they are going for intimidation!!!      AND NO IM NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT ,, CONGRATS ON THE WIN ,,,  I just think thats alittle much !!!! 

Just a question here, but how do you make a team "ease up" or better yet, how do you define that? Do you kneel the ball on every offensive play? Do you tell your RB's or QB that, if they see open field, fall down? Being someone who has coached a little, I'm just wondering because there are times that you sub out kids who have never even carried the ball in a game and they even score. Sometimes, it can't be helped. I think it's a bit ridiculous to automatically throw out the "running up the score" card. Sometimes, you just have so much more talent or speed that you either score or risk further embarassment for your opponent by kneeling the ball on first, second or third downs. This happens a lot in the youth leagues where that can be a huge difference in a teams abilities.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either, and I also don't have a child in this league, but I do read these pages all of the time and I think some folks are way to quick to throw out that a team "ran up the score".

There are rules for a lopsided score Gas, that's the best way to keep it respectable.  Noboby expects anybody to kneel, that's a ridiculous comment and you know that.  If you want to discuss more, PM me.

I will start this by saying that I'm glad everyone has said their piece now and have come to an understanding. After reading everything, it appears some things were taken out of context and some jokes between people were misunderstood. TD and WOS 92 are very good friends of mine and I do get offended when I see accusations made about their team. They have a ton of talent and sometimes you just can't help but score.

Now Penny, for you in particular. I realize the kneeling statement was ridiculous, it was intended to be. But, it is no more ridiculous than the incessant accusations of running up the score and even more directly, your insinuation that it is something that the WOS team does on a regular basis. The team we speak of is loaded with talent and speed. They have kids who rarely touch the ball that would start for most teams. Sometimes, it's just going to happen, that doesn't mean the coaches have some sort of malice or are breaking the rules. I assure you that those coaches know, because of the ability of their team and the potential for games to get out of hand, that they are under a microscope and go above and beyond to make sure that all I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

That being said

Good points Gasilla. The WOS football program is a good one and we need to move on.

Amen, lets move on.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MPR issue was a situation where the WOS team did not keep one. Apparently, it had not been requested of them yet this season and the guy who was supposed to keep up with it didn't. The kids that were supposed to pay did, they just didn't keep the sheet. One of the mothers thought her child wasn't in enough and began shouting at the coaches. The other teams coaches over heard this and requested the sheet after the game was over and, of course, WOS didn't have it. However, the mom was incorrect and her son had played his 10 plays. I think the WOS team will be sure to keep up with this sheet from now on.

There is not such things as a request the MPR sheet. It is mandatory that each coach keep his MPR. The opposing team is optional. So no paper work, forfiet.

I thought it was a gentlemans agreement at the beginning of the game.  If you keep your own MPR sheet, you could "produce" anything you wanted.  If I recall, the few times it was an issue, the opposite team kept the MPR on the other team.  Am I wrong here?

There is not such things as a request the MPR sheet. It is mandatory that each coach keep his MPR. The opposing team is optional. So no paper work, forfiet.

I thought it was a gentlemans agreement at the beginning of the game.  If you keep your own MPR sheet, you could "produce" anything you wanted.  If I recall, the few times it was an issue, the opposite team kept the MPR on the other team.  Am I wrong here?

Unless it has changed since last year, both coaches meet prior to the game, they give an MPR sheet of there players to the opposing team. The coach has an option to sign it waiving his right then returns it to the coach. Thats what you maybe thinking about. But, it is manadatory that the coachi keeps his own even though the opposing team may waive their right. At the end of the game, the coaches meet again and sign each other MPR. If a coach does not have on to sign, it is a forfiet.

Unless it has changed since last year, both coaches meet prior to the game, they give an MPR sheet of there players to the opposing team. The coach has an option to sign it waiving his right then returns it to the coach. Thats what you maybe thinking about. But, it is manadatory that the coachi keeps his own even though the opposing team may waive their right. At the end of the game, the coaches meet again and sign each other MPR. If a coach does not have on to sign, it is a forfiet.

yup....your right.....I'm an assistant coach and we do have a person that keeps up with it. I'm never involved in the meeting prior.

I've never seen one kept for our games.  I asked about it the first week and nobody knew who was doing it.  I guess when you lose every week no one cares about seeing it so to my knowledge it has never been an issue.  Also if u only have 3-5 players to substitute in it is very unlikely someone is not going to get their MPR.  

But I'd hate to see it become an issue so whether u r losing or not one should be kept every week.  It was my understanding that it was reviewed at 1/2 time and end of 3rd qtr so they were aware of those that hadn't met their time would play at the beginning of the 4th qtr so that they'd be in compliance.

We review ours at half, then start really emphasizing the needs to the HC as the game progresses.  Time goes by pretty fast at the end, and we want all the kids to play (they practice hard too).  But, like stated above, when you lose most of your games, another loss, or forfeit, isn't going to change your yr.

We review ours at half, then start really emphasizing the needs to the HC as the game progresses.  Time goes by pretty fast at the end, and we want all the kids to play (they practice hard too).  But, like stated above, when you lose most of your games, another loss, or forfeit, isn't going to change your yr.

true but it could change for a team that u might beat but cuz u didn't keep your log and show u were in compliance...  the team that lost would get a win which could put them up in the standings in which they may have been close to another team and with the loss it should have bumped them back and not up.... could work both ways...

PNG Proud: I'm using your post only because it is short and easier to quote then others - not singleing you out in anyway.  I have something to say about this: it doesn't matter if a team loses most of the games that they play.  The kids who suit up each game - play their hardest - ALL deserve to play in a game.  Their parents paid the money.  the kids pay the price of sweating and bruises.  If the child is not good at his position - guess what? It doesn't matter because when push comes to shove -- it is just a game!  It is up to the coaches to keep track of the mandatory play rule.  it is my opinion that rule was put into effect to protect those kids who are not as good as the others.  I have not seen anyone say this but just in case it is thought of being said: Yes, you do have enough coaches on the sidelines at each game to be able to keep track of it.  All teams want to win; but that win should not be at the expense of a child's self esteem and when he is not allowed to play, it affects them.

Now, I'm off my soap box for now.  tiime to get ready to go to work. 

THAT WHAT WAS I THOUGHT, BUT APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG. IT WAS A MISTAKE THAT HOPEFULLY ALL COACHES WILL LEARN FROM. WE DIDN'T INTENTIONALLY NOT KEEP ONE, WE JUST STOPPED AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER. WE'VE KEPT THEM EVERY OTHER GAME. AND NOW WE KNOW.

We know nothing was intentional PRevis. It should have been handled completely different from the parent. I feel for u and those hard working boys. Everyone does pay to play. And all the kids deserve to play but a forfeit over paperwork seems harsh for a first offense. Its a reminder to us all to keep up with it more. That's actually my main job for the jr. White on gameday. Its just a lil embarrassing that the oppossing team gets the info from a parent whose kid actually did get more than 10 plays. Keep ya heads up wos pee-wee. SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!

We know nothing was intentional PRevis. It should have been handled completely different from the parent. I feel for u and those hard working boys. Everyone does pay to play. And all the kids deserve to play but a forfeit over paperwork seems harsh for a first offense. Its a reminder to us all to keep up with it more. That's actually my main job for the jr. White on gameday. Its just a lil embarrassing that the oppossing team gets the info from a parent whose kid actually did get more than 10 plays. Keep ya heads up wos pee-wee. SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!

Parents, are almost something we should train for  ;D  ;D

You are right and thanks for the support, I love to coach lil league football, as well as make a difference in some of our kids lives. This past weekend I was very embarrased because it made our coaching staff look like liars in front of other coaches and to the people watching in the stands. My good friend Gasilla took up for us in an earlier comment and what he meant was that every coach that we have played until Saturday has waived the sheet as stated before. This was the first time that someone has wanted to review our sheets after LOSING. If not mistaken their 5 coaches  and chain crew bombarded the field and were like, "where is the mpr sheet" then one calls our league president as if grown men can't talk for themselves. It was very saddening what happened but my kids know that I love them and would never keep a child from playing. My second string defense and offense are just as good as my starters, the only problem is that you can't place 22 kids on the field at one time. So we have learned from that mistake but once again our kids come first and today at practice they will know the full story because we will not lie about this at all. I promise if we play the team that won by paperwork again, they better say some Hail Marys and a few Our Fathers because my boys are coming you can bet that BUDDY! ;D

Dont blame the opposing kids and coaches for the mistake. It is a rule, just like baseball, 1 at bats and 3 outs in the field. Like any other youth sport, the adult are responsible to have the papaer work in order. It is a rule, thats it. I hope when you talk to your team that you tell them that yall made the mistake, we have rules that must follow. That would be a good lesson. I ma not asyiong you guys are bad and intentional did the wrong thing. Just a good lesson and move and do what WOS does best play with class.

I AGREE. SHE HAD AN ISSUE ABOUT HER KID'S PLAYIN TIME, AND THAT SHOULDA BEEN HANDLED "IN HOUSE". NOT IN FRONT OF ALL THOSE VISITING COACHES AND PARENTS AND KIDS (WHO WERE STILL WAITING TO GO SHAKE HANDS WITH EACH OTHER). BUT IT'S BEHIND US.  AS FOR THE FORFEIT, WELL, IT IS WHAT IT IS. WE BROKE A RULE, WE'LL PAY THA PRICE. BUT I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR ALL MY COACHES AND PARENTS WHEN I TELL U 92 THAT WE APPRECIATE THA SUPPORT. NOT JUST FROM OTHER COACHES IN OUR ORGANIZATION, BUT FROM AROUND THE LEAGUE. AND FROM OUR PARENTS...BCUZ THEY APPRECIATE WHAT WE AS VOLUNTEERS ARE DOING WITH THEIR KIDS. THIS PAST SATURDAY WAS JUST A SMALL BUMP IN THE ROAD...WE'LL BRUSH OUR SHOULDERS OFF AND CONTINUE TO DO WHAT WE DO EVERY SATURDAY: PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER, PLAY WITH CLASS, AND LET THA SILVER HELMETS DO THA TALKIN!!

I AGREE. SHE HAD AN ISSUE ABOUT HER KID'S PLAYIN TIME, AND THAT SHOULDA BEEN HANDLED "IN HOUSE". NOT IN FRONT OF ALL THOSE VISITING COACHES AND PARENTS AND KIDS (WHO WERE STILL WAITING TO GO SHAKE HANDS WITH EACH OTHER). BUT IT'S BEHIND US.  AS FOR THE FORFEIT, WELL, IT IS WHAT IT IS. WE BROKE A RULE, WE'LL PAY THA PRICE. BUT I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR ALL MY COACHES AND PARENTS WHEN I TELL U 92 THAT WE APPRECIATE THA SUPPORT. NOT JUST FROM OTHER COACHES IN OUR ORGANIZATION, BUT FROM AROUND THE LEAGUE. AND FROM OUR PARENTS...BCUZ THEY APPRECIATE WHAT WE AS VOLUNTEERS ARE DOING WITH THEIR KIDS. THIS PAST SATURDAY WAS JUST A SMALL BUMP IN THE ROAD...WE'LL BRUSH OUR SHOULDERS OFF AND CONTINUE TO DO WHAT WE DO EVERY SATURDAY: PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER, PLAY WITH CLASS, AND LET THA SILVER HELMETS DO THA TALKIN!!

Previs, way to man up, accept responsibility and move on.  That's how a coach is supposed to act!!  Good luck in your future games...........you have some excellent coaches and players

I think I speak for a number of coaches in my WO-S STJFL family. If we didn't earn it on the field..... I darn sure don't want it given to me due to some paperwork! All the games we have played this year and won most very big,not one oppossing coach has worried about mpr sheets. All of them before the game said they didn't want to see it, and after the game they signed it with no problem. Never any doubt that Previs would accept responsibility and no doubt the peewee will bounce back.

Dont blame the opposing kids and coaches for the mistake. It is a rule, just like baseball, 1 at bats and 3 outs in the field. Like any other youth sport, the adult are responsible to have the papaer work in order. It is a rule, thats it. I hope when you talk to your team that you tell them that yall made the mistake, we have rules that must follow. That would be a good lesson. I ma not asyiong you guys are bad and intentional did the wrong thing. Just a good lesson and move and do what WOS does best play with class.

Well if you read my post again, I believe that I said that we would tell them the complete truth. I understand that we messed up PLAYER 66. I am not blaming the other team or coaches, if I did show me. I will repeat this part for you one more time though, next time we play my boys are coming, which i guess you can say we do every week but of course that's the mustang way. I never denied anything either tragic hippy,  I am merely telling the story because posters were asking buddy before it got more twisted than twizzlers on here. Believe me I take responsibility for my actions just like previs i am his assistant which is why I said I would tell my kids the truth. I am a real coach and a grown man just as you are so I will never disrespect anyone on here, if anyone was disrespected it was our organization and no coach on our staff deserves that, especially not in front of all those people. Like I said before I was merely telling the story so it wouldn't get all screwed up like other topics have on here. I can tell you this much though from now on I would like to see a coach from opposite team on the sideline doing it for the opposing team, heck lets keep it honest and see if some points drop and if some teams are really that good I bet my paycheck the scores on some games change drastically hahahha I would love to do it that way because we have nothing to hide.

First of all, I would like to say that I was directly involved with the PN-G - WO-S pee wee game this weekend. Secondly, I would like to say that because I was involved, I now know that many people get on this board and post about things that they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about ! I would like to say that the WO-S coaching staff is a first rate and stand up bunch of guys. The head coach admitted the mistakes and that was that. I can ASSURE you that some of the WO-S kids DID NOT PLAY and this was admitted by one of the coaches. The numbers of the players in question were given to the coaches and we had a discussion with a coach about these kids. This coach went out of his way to talk to us and let us know that they were wrong and it was an honest mistake. We did hear the parents comments, but were already alerted to watch the MPR situation closely. Bottom line is that if a team with 25 kids is following the rules and playing EVERYONE 10 plays, and a team with let's say 18 players plays their best players, the latter team has a decided advantage ! That is why the rule is in place. Can it effect the outcome of the game ? ABSOLUTELY. Nobody likes to "win" a game like this, but there has to be a level playing field and the kids who pay and work hard need to play. To the person who commented about the PN-G coaching staff and chain crew " storming the field" after the game, GET A FREAKING LIFE... You have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you that this situation was handled as well as possible by all involved. As I said earlier, the WO-S coaches and Mr. Guillory are stand up guys and have a really tough team. There is definitely nothing to be embarrassed about, it could happen to anybody. It is tough to coach at this level. Everyone has their own opinions about this issue, but if you are a coach and do not stand up for your kids and make sure that they are playing on an "even field", then you probably shouldn't be out there. Mr. Guillory acknowledged a rules violation immediately, and immediately signed off on the MPR form. Please don't post hearsay on these boards when you know nothing about the situation. Good Luck to the Mustangs and congratulations to both teams on a hard fought ballgame.

Guest Brubaker

First of all, I would like to say that I was directly involved with the PN-G - WO-S pee wee game this weekend. Secondly, I would like to say that because I was involved, I now know that many people get on this board and post about things that they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about ! I would like to say that the WO-S coaching staff is a first rate and stand up bunch of guys. The head coach admitted the mistakes and that was that. I can ASSURE you that some of the WO-S kids DID NOT PLAY and this was admitted by one of the coaches. The numbers of the players in question were given to the coaches and we had a discussion with a coach about these kids. This coach went out of his way to talk to us and let us know that they were wrong and it was an honest mistake. We did hear the parents comments, but were already alerted to watch the MPR situation closely. Bottom line is that if a team with 25 kids is following the rules and playing EVERYONE 10 plays, and a team with let's say 18 players plays their best players, the latter team has a decided advantage ! That is why the rule is in place. Can it effect the outcome of the game ? ABSOLUTELY. Nobody likes to "win" a game like this, but there has to be a level playing field and the kids who pay and work hard need to play. To the person who commented about the PN-G coaching staff and chain crew " storming the field" after the game, GET A FREAKING LIFE... You have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you that this situation was handled as well as possible by all involved. As I said earlier, the WO-S coaches and Mr. Guillory are stand up guys and have a really tough team. There is definitely nothing to be embarrassed about, it could happen to anybody. It is tough to coach at this level. Everyone has their own opinions about this issue, but if you are a coach and do not stand up for your kids and make sure that they are playing on an "even field", then you probably shouldn't be out there. Mr. Guillory acknowledged a rules violation immediately, and immediately signed off on the MPR form. Please don't post hearsay on these boards when you know nothing about the situation. Good Luck to the Mustangs and congratulations to both teams on a hard fought ballgame.

Interesting part of it was that this was an incredibly close game... WOS did not blow PNG out.