*OF vs. Newton Updates/Newton wins! 62-40

KFDM COOP

I am a new Orangefield fan!  I am so impressed with the downhome spirit and the way the team never gives up even at the last play.  Newton was a beast, but someone forgot to tell OF that! I know everyone says their team plays 'with heart' but there is a reason the crowd chants "WE BELIEVE" ...they truly do. There are so many fans that fill the stands that don't even have kids playing. They are there to support their hometown team.

Good Luck to OF and other teams......watch out!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well OF routinely outnumbers the other team, no matter whether we are having a winning season or not.  My Dad lives in Newton and he was telling me that Newton would have as many fans there as OF did.  No way, we were about 2-1 over them.  And that is a game that most people didnt give us a chance to be competive in.  OF is a special place because people are really involved with their kids and the community.

I am a new Orangefield fan!  I am so impressed with the downhome spirit and the way the team never gives up even at the last play.  Newton was a beast, but someone forgot to tell OF that! I know everyone says their team plays 'with heart' but there is a reason the crowd chants "WE BELIEVE" ...they truly do. There are so many fans that fill the stands that don't even have kids playing. They are there to support their hometown team.

Hey setxgal, it was nice meeting you at the Tarkington game.  I always have extra tickets for home games, so you and that reporter guy can sit with us whenever.  Now if he wears that shirt again I may make him pay for his seat or go to the pressbox.

Guest EagleFan01

Well OF routinely outnumbers the other team, no matter whether we are having a winning season or not.  My Dad lives in Newton and he was telling me that Newton would have as many fans there as OF did.  No way, we were about 2-1 over them.  And that is a game that most people didnt give us a chance to be competive in.  OF is a special place because people are really involved with their kids and the community.

I beg to differ fella yall did not out number us 2 to 1 not even close man. We had more in the stands than you did by far. The home side is alot bigger than the the visitor side that's why you think yall out numbered us in the stands.

Hey setxgal, it was nice meeting you at the Tarkington game.  I always have extra tickets for home games, so you and that reporter guy can sit with us whenever.  Now if he wears that shirt again I may make him pay for his seat or go to the pressbox.

thanks so much, and it was great to meet you too.....and I will tell him(but i don't think it will do any good :D)

Well Eaglefan, while I didn't count the people there.  It appeared to me, and several others that ya'lls stands were about half full.  Visitor side was standing room only.  Now while I realize the home side is much larger.  There is no way that ya'll outnumbered us.  But, since there is no way of knowing for sure, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  :)

I , too, don't know the numbers for the spectators, but, what was amazing to me was that it was a home game for Newton and the home stands weren't full, but it was about an hour drive for OF and the OF stands were full....I am not saying anything against Newton, all I am saying is that it speaks to OF's dedication of its fans. I was also surprised to learn of how many of the people in the stands didn't have players in the team but just came to support them. 

I love Nederland football, but I have never driven an hour for a non-district game just to watch the team.....now play-offs are different ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83