* Nederland vs. Ozen/OZEN WINS IN OT!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a tough one to pick but I got it right.  Been a while since Nederland has struggled this much.  Hard to put a value on losing a starting qb for the season.

and the back-up is out

wow.  that is tough.

I guess with 4 going they may make it.  Central, PNG, Lumberton, Livingston, and Vidor would be ahead of them at this point in my book.

Guest Brubaker

Very proud of our boys tonight, they are battling some intense adversity. lost starting DE and another starting QB, and still battled into OT.  Tough loss, but you can't help but be proud of the effort, especially on defense.  Atterberry was excellent in relief of Smith, just a few too many turnovers.  Had it inside the 5 once and turned it over, and inside the 10 once and turned it over.  Ozen is a well coached team, they are much improved over any Ozen team I've seen in the past 5 years... they will be tough to beat.  204A is going to have some wars this year.

Nederland may be looking at going 1-9 on the season, unless something changes real quick.  The other teams in the district all seem to be playing well tonight.  These 2 teams will probably finish at the bottom of the district this year.

I agree it will be a long season for us. If Tyler Smith is indeed out for the year, then I do not see us winning a district game. I think this was a battle of the 7th and 8th place teams. Congrats on the win Ozen.

Very proud of our boys tonight, they are battling some intense adversity. lost starting DE and another starting QB, and still battled into OT.  Tough loss, but you can't help but be proud of the effort, especially on defense.  Atterberry was excellent in relief of Smith, just a few too many turnovers.  Had it inside the 5 once and turned it over, and inside the 10 once and turned it over.  Ozen is a well coached team, they are much improved over any Ozen team I've seen in the past 5 years... they will be tough to beat.  204A is going to have some wars this year.

Brubaker,

Are you seriously saying that Ozen impressed you? I thought both teams looked pretty bad.

Brubaker,

Are you seriously saying that Ozen impressed you? I thought both teams looked pretty bad.

I agree.  I don't know what game he was watching.

Thanks, PhatMack19! Yes the D showed up in the 4th! But how can u compete when the opposing team can run 50+ twice on you. Yes we had turnovers, but so did they. I am toting the line (not crossing)!  The last five years we seemed to play pass protective D, when most the teams in our district run. Although we give up yards on the secondary on long passes as in OT. (Png mixing is up a lil this year, other wise i put png in there too.) Give it to Ozen cause minus the penalties they could be up there. If anyone question the players in all honestly I think there good both offense and defense. I am not attacking anyones character. (I think a coaching change would beneficial, NOT NEUMANN, but one of the others). NOT Crossing just toting!

The game was very sloppy.  I think it showed a lot of character for Nederland to tie the game up as poorly as they played the first three quarters.  We are thin from injuries and had to stick Cardenas back in there to shore up the linebacking core in the 4th quarter, they didn't run the ball after that point.  Losing Tyler was tough, but Atterberry stepped up and got the job done, giving his team a chance to win.  The season is still young, but the Dogs have a steep hill to climb overcoming all the injuries.

Just saw the stats of the game in the Chronicle.  Ned had less yards, less penalties, and less turnovers.  To say Ozen didn't impress the average fan----well I guess not with all of those mistakes by the Panthers.  But to say this is their first victory in Nederland, and on Homecoming, is a shot in the arm to the Panther program.  All they can do now is correct and build on their success thus far.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont