*Barbers Hill vs. C.E. King/BH wins 35-17

KFDM COOP

You little stinker 07, you must not go back several years.......BHFAN prolly remembers me and there was another, darn, can't remember his name, maybe BH87 or something like that.......lol.....anyway, when Dayton got stuck in the golden triangle, BH stood up for us and of course we did good, so yall rooted for us and we rooted for you in our old district! So even though we are in the same district now, I still have some of my heart in BH but believe me, I do BLEED PURPLE! haha, As far as baseball, I am ashamed, did yall beat us there or what? Don't know, I LOVE sports but football has to be the greatest! Anyway, GLAD YALL WON AND AGAIN, GO EAGLES! GO BRONCOS! ;D

You little stinker 07, you must not go back several years.......BHFAN prolly remembers me and there was another, darn, can't remember his name, maybe BH87 or something like that.......lol.....anyway, when Dayton got stuck in the golden triangle, BH stood up for us and of course we did good, so yall rooted for us and we rooted for you in our old district! So even though we are in the same district now, I still have some of my heart in BH but believe me, I do BLEED PURPLE! haha, As far as baseball, I am ashamed, did yall beat us there or what? Don't know, I LOVE sports but football has to be the greatest! Anyway, GLAD YALL WON AND AGAIN, GO EAGLES! GO BRONCOS! ;D

Who want's to be stuck in the triangle  ???

Oops, just a JK... ;D

I'm a Cody Green fan....which makes me a closet Bronco.  ::) ::)

ok, everybody sit down for this one. Last night the BH coaching staff called a very good game.  The mixed the run in with the pass very nice.  A couple dropped passed (that were on-target) and a very bad group of officials, or this one would have been REAL UGLY for King.  #11 only ran the ball 2-3 times and I was completely shocked.  We actually used our skill players and not just one or two of them.  Don't know what changed, other than coaches probably tired of hearing the fans, but keep doing it.  Very nice job coaches.......... ;)

Dang that hurt........ ;D

As for the team, what can you say.  A darn nice bunch of kids who play very hard each week.  #11 looked VERY good last night, as did #20.  Sorry guys don't want to butcher your last names.

That would be me purplepride.... ;D  Good luck this year and let's roll through the triangle together in the playoffs.

Yeah great win and great job by the kids.. I said from the first day this group is different and their gonna get BH back in the playoffs.. Take em one game at a time guys, and stay foccused...My only question or concern would be, why have your starting QB and your top 2 receivers still in on offense on the last drive, 2 minutes to go in the game...Ala "Chris Daniels".....Wake up.........

Yeah great win and great job by the kids.. I said from the first day this group is different and their gonna get BH back in the playoffs.. Take em one game at a time guys, and stay foccused...My only question or concern would be, why have your starting QB and your top 2 receivers still in on offense on the last drive, 2 minutes to go in the game...Ala "Chris Daniels".....Wake up.........

AMEN Brother!  Thanks for giving me a reason to gripe...... ;D ;D ;D  I feel better already.... ;D

I'm with you.  I was kinda shocked to see those guys on the field that late in the game myself.  Not sure what the thinking on that one was other than to make sure we took care of the football and did not give them a cheap turnover.

That being said.  The offense is getting a lot of the press for the victories lately and deservedly so, but let's not forget there are 11 guys on the other side of the ball that are still playing very well.  Moving #40, ( not to mention names) to offense left a hole in our secondary that was filled very nicely by #14 and the rest of the guys.  Looked like we had a couple of blown coverages but luckily they did not take advantage of them.  They have another of game to work together and get better before  GCM & Dayton.  Way to go Eagles!!!

steelcurtain, Excellent point... #14 did an "awesome" job.. He probably had 4-5 tackles 5 mins into the gAME .. and "all the kids" 40 plus are making contributions.. Football is a team game and everbody steps up and makes contributions......Individual stats should rarely be mentioned.....#14 played a great game as fdi the entire defense...And the offensive line has been opening holes all year long......Better play the reserves when possible, gonna need them down the road...The injury bug "can" bite at any time.....

Good call Steel, as a BHFAN ;D I'm used to the Defense always playing well awaiting the offense to catch up. The defense is playing very well #40 is a beast #10 has radar and #32 is laying wood out there!! #32 made a couple of hits that I felt in the stands last night :o. Just like BH89 I'm still in a little shock about the QB only getting a couple of carries and two of his carries were for TD's!!! It is nice to see the Defense off balance having to look at some where besides #11! I can say enough about the coaching last night keep that up and we will be looking at more than just sqeezing into a playoff spot! Another thing, I heard a name over the loud speaker last night that brought back some memories "SEXTON" his brother was a pleasure to watch! Has he been playing or just got moved up?

Good call Steel, as a BHFAN ;D I'm used to the Defense always playing well awaiting the offense to catch up. The defense is playing very well #40 is a beast #10 has radar and #32 is laying wood out there!! #32 made a couple of hits that I felt in the stands last night :o. Just like BH89 I'm still in a little shock about the QB only getting a couple of carries and two of his carries were for TD's!!! It is nice to see the Defense off balance having to look at some where besides #11! I can say enough about the coaching last night keep that up and we will be looking at more than just sqeezing into a playoff spot! Another thing, I heard a name over the loud speaker last night that brought back some memories "SEXTON" his brother was a pleasure to watch! Has he been playing or just got moved up?

He has been there the whole season and has played, but he has a fractured hand that looks to be on the mend obviously. He's in a group of about 6 or 7 sophs that are really playing good ball.

I'm with you.  I was kinda shocked to see those guys on the field that late in the game myself.  Not sure what the thinking on that one was other than to make sure we took care of the football and did not give them a cheap turnover.

That being said.  The offense is getting a lot of the press for the victories lately and deservedly so, but let's not forget there are 11 guys on the other side of the ball that are still playing very well.  Moving #40, ( not to mention names) to offense left a hole in our secondary that was filled very nicely by #14 and the rest of the guys.  Looked like we had a couple of blown coverages but luckily they did not take advantage of them.  They have another of game to work together and get better before  GCM & Dayton.  Way to go Eagles!!!

You got it right, curtain.  The reason, I'm sure, they put the 1st team back in was to protect the ball.  I don't think they ran a play, just kneeled it every time.

Let me ask a question, do ya'll think our coaches want to win?  I Do!  Don't ya'll think they would throw the ball, all over the field in every game, if that would work on every team?  I think they would!  Which leads me to believe, that there may have been a reason we ran the ball so much last week, and then this week we mixed it up a little more.  GP, was able to cover our receivers better than CEK, plus GP was in Matt's face every time he went to throw.  I don't think our coaches are the greatest that ever walked the earth, but I think they are doing a pretty good job with these kids, so I'm going to cut them some slack.  In my opinion, I think we need to cut out the coach bashing until after season.  These kids are on a high right now, I don't think they need to have any doubt about their program from the fans right now...like I said, my opinion.

Eagles you are doing a great job, keep up the hard work!!  It only gets tougher from here, so prepare every week and take care of business.

BH34, Believe me , theres no coach bashing here, as matter of fact I'm one of the few that typically takes up for these guys that put in countless hours with these kids( go back and look at my post),but you mentioned all they did was"take a knee", well your second string quarterback can take a knee as good as the starter, and actually their were some plays ran.Besides its nice to let some of the guys that don't get much playing time, to get in the game and let them feel like their making a contribution...Hey "they all" went thru-two-adays...and  I still say with tha kind of lead, you take your starters out earlier to protect from injury, and to show some class......I stand by that and thats not coach bashing, just my opinion....

Just back from the game and this is the best called game of the year by the Coaching staff! Good job Eagles and Coaches! #20 Was Awesome tonight and the Soph. on this team are playing very good.

All the guys did a great job Friday night. The line worked hard to get #20 some holes and he took advantage. He has come a long way in a short time. Now the defense has to respect the run unlike the first four games. It was great to watch. I'm not saying we can play with Dayton yet or will be playing in December but the guys took a big step towards getting some respect back on the Hill. Great job to all the EAGLES. :P

BH34, Believe me , theres no coach bashing here, as matter of fact I'm one of the few that typically takes up for these guys that put in countless hours with these kids( go back and look at my post),but you mentioned all they did was"take a knee", well your second string quarterback can take a knee as good as the starter, and actually their were some plays ran.Besides its nice to let some of the guys that don't get much playing time, to get in the game and let them feel like their making a contribution...Hey "they all" went thru-two-adays...and  I still say with tha kind of lead, you take your starters out earlier to protect from injury, and to show some class......I stand by that and thats not coach bashing, just my opinion....

Fever99, I didn't think you were coach bashing ( I wish I hadn't use that word) and I wasn't referring to any of your post. I know how you feel about the program. 

From what I remembered they sent our 1st team back in to run out the clock.  I don't remember us running a play, only kneeling, but I could be wrong.  I know these kids all have been through practice and all, but there is no experience like game experience.  The second team got to run a series, so that was good.  I think they(coaches) wanted to get the game over with, and not have any weird things happen, so they put the percentage play on the 1st team...its just my observation.

I'm excited about these kids and the way they are pulling together.  Keep it up guy's!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83