3A-5A top 10 poll for 2010 season predictions

xsv010

For what it's worth...

I heard Nederland will be preseason Top 5 in the state. Not that it means anything as last year's team was successful without any kind of preseason rankings.

My question is, much like Ole Miss and Oklahoma State in football this year, will the 'Dogs be able to handle all the preseason hype?

I tend to think so

1. Nederland (may be the deepest most talented team this area has seen in years. would be shocked if they loose a district game.)

2. Orangefield (2 big XII signees. And basiclly 9 returning starters once you throw in Huckabee)

3. Jasper (these guys could be playing orangefield for a trip to austin. and have a real shot at another title. speed, speed, speed)

4. PNG (should easily get second in district. they have a ton returning and have another shut down number one in benoit)

5. West Brook (Only 5a in the area. they should top this list every year. but they will make a return to the playoffs this year)

6. Vidor (I hear they have a supporting cast to go around Hester that is as good as the one that kept Nederland home from the playoffs a couple of years ago. they are going to be awefully good)

7. Bridge City (this kind of shows what depth there is in the area. may have the best player in the area and I wouldn't be suprised if they make a deep run, but until I see more from the supporting cast I will hold back.)

8.  WOS (the mustangs very well could, and maybe should, take the third spot in the playoffs from my longhorns. They have almost their entire team returning)

9. HF (we have some work to do. But if the young guys grow and mature around our couple of outstanding returners we might can get back in the mix.)

10. Lumberton (I am taking a dark horse for 4th place in this district. seems like the raiders have been building for the last couple of years and I look for them to take the step forward this year and oust the bears from the fourth spot)

Other thoughts:
Silsbee (many returners and will compete but still young)
LCM (youth and inexperience could spell a long season for the bears)
Kelly (young team, but could suprise some of the locals in tournamenst. they have a couple of real quality arms and will compete will  in thier league)

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="3amagic" post="695573" timestamp="1257257112"]
1. Nederland (may be the deepest most talented team this area has seen in years. [b]would be shocked if they loose a district game[/b].)

2. Orangefield (2 big XII signees. And basiclly 9 returning starters once you throw in Huckabee)

3. Jasper (these guys could be playing orangefield for a trip to austin. and have a real shot at another title. speed, speed, speed)

4. PNG (should easily get second in district. they have a ton returning and have another shut down number one in benoit)

5. West Brook (Only 5a in the area. they should top this list every year. but they will make a return to the playoffs this year)

6. Vidor (I hear they have a supporting cast to go around Hester that is as good as the one that kept Nederland home from the playoffs a couple of years ago. they are going to be awefully good)

7. Bridge City (this kind of shows what depth there is in the area. may have the best player in the area and I wouldn't be suprised if they make a deep run, but until I see more from the supporting cast I will hold back.)

8.  WOS (the mustangs very well could, and maybe should, take the third spot in the playoffs from my longhorns. They have almost their entire team returning)

9. HF (we have some work to do. But if the young guys grow and mature around our couple of outstanding returners we might can get back in the mix.)

10. Lumberton (I am taking a dark horse for 4th place in this district. seems like the raiders have been building for the last couple of years and I look for them to take the step forward this year and oust the bears from the fourth spot)

Other thoughts:
Silsbee (many returners and will compete but still young)
LCM (youth and inexperience could spell a long season for the bears)
Kelly (young team, but could suprise some of the locals in tournamenst. they have a couple of real quality arms and will compete will  in thier league)

[/quote]

You have to remeber that PNG plays us well every year. They alwasy have the talent to maybe get one by us. Other than that, Nederland should have their way with the district.

The OF Bobcats have been under the radar of most folks outside of 21-AAA.  That should not last long.  They are loaded for bear (and most other varmints!)  They have good coaching and playoff experience.  They are the hands-down favorite in 21-AAA.  I will be stunned if they are not in the [font=Verdana][i]top 3[/i][/font] of the State pre-season AAA top 10.

• 3 weeks later...
I know we don't play on that side of Houston but look out for Brenham once again this year.  State semifinalist last year, losing to eventual state champ, Texas high.  Drake Roberts is somebody to keep your eye on, prolly the best SS in the state. 
Preseason top 5-
CC Moody (1 in the nation)
CC Calallen (7 in the nation)
Lake Travis
Brenham
Texarkana Texas High

Oh everyone this side of Houston knows what kind of program brehnam has year in and year out. But I think the Bulldogs are looking for a rematch of that great 3 game series from last years playoffs. Nederland should have another great team as well. I think Nederland or Brehnam comes out of Region 3 this year easy.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="735598" timestamp="1262027696"]
Oh everyone this side of Houston knows what kind of program brehnam has year in and year out. But I think the Bulldogs are looking for a rematch of that great 3 game series from last years playoffs. Nederland should have another great team as well. I think Nederland or Brehnam comes out of Region 3 this year easy.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more...This might sound selfish but I'm tired of just making it to the semi finals or to the championship and losing.  Winning the region is great and all but it gets old if you don't have a title to go with it.  In 2009 we won the region in baseball, track, cross country, soccer and girls soccer, along with becoming state finalist in football and volleyball.  I don't know weather to consider those things an accomplishment or to accept all of the choking?!  All I know is, that we need to come through the next time we're in that position.  Do you know if y'all are playing in the Brenham tournament?  I wanna check Nederland out before we see y'all in the playoffs?  Have you seen Brenham's junior SS, Drake Roberts?  That kid is out of this world good.  He's been commited to Arkansas since he was a freshman. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="735678" timestamp="1262037067"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=59808.msg735598#msg735598 date=1262027696]
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more...This might sound selfish but I'm tired of just making it to the semi finals or to the championship and losing.  Winning the region is great and all but it gets old if you don't have a title to go with it.  In 2009 we won the region in baseball, track, cross country, soccer and girls soccer, along with becoming state finalist in football and volleyball.  I don't know weather to consider those things an accomplishment or to accept all of the choking?!  All I know is, that we need to come through the next time we're in that position.  Do you know if y'all are playing in the Brenham tournament?  I wanna check Nederland out before we see y'all in the playoffs?  Have you seen Brenham's junior SS, Drake Roberts?  That kid is out of this world good.  He's been commited to Arkansas since he was a freshman. 
[/quote]

I saw him last year in the playoffs and he is good. But I think Kirby Bellow will be up to the challenge.  ;) Anyway, I have not seen the final schedule yet. But we usually play in at least one tournament close to yall.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="736095" timestamp="1262119579"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=59808.msg735678#msg735678 date=1262037067]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=59808.msg735598#msg735598 date=1262027696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw him last year in the playoffs and he is good. But I think Kirby Bellow will be up to the challenge.  ;) Anyway, I have not seen the final schedule yet. But we usually play in at least one tournament close to yall.
[/quote]I am sure all 7 guys that are returning will be up for the challenge  ;D ..... I know the bulldog fans will be ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83