Goose Creek at Dayton predictions????

knightrider

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GCM Homecoming Tour: Coming to a city near you! And I got a bag of quarters for my horse.

That's just too funny!!  Hey Ranger83, I'm an '85 Sterling grad and a Baytown boy at heart but I hate to say it, Dayton has some way serious D.  Good luck to your boy!  The Lord keep them ALL safe!!

By the way, I got really excited to hear Sterling made the play-offs last year for the first time since '85!  Thank goodness for that 4th slot, huh?  I hope they can repeat!

Guest Ranger83

The GCM Homecoming Tour: Coming to a city near you! And I got a bag of quarters for my horse.

That's just too funny!!  Hey Ranger83, I'm an '85 Sterling grad and a Baytown boy at heart but I hate to say it, Dayton has some way serious D.  Good luck to your boy!  The Lord keep them ALL safe!!

By the way, I got really excited to hear Sterling made the play-offs last year for the first time since '85!  Thank goodness for that 4th slot, huh?  I hope they can repeat!

Thanks for the kind words. About that playoff run, RSS had a decent team last year, no where near a playoff quality team, but lots of good kids who deserved some form of success. This years team could go 5-5 and make it back-to-back. (The UIL has really watered down it's playoffs.) I am always reminded of my Jr year at RSS: We went 9-1 and MISSED the playoffs! Lost a close district game to Pasadena Dobie. Oh well, I know at GCM we would gladly take that 4th seed. We'll have to wait and see what happens at Dayton friday night.

Guest Ranger83

Is it Friday yet???  Wonder who the weather would favor....man it's ugly outside...

Is this Dayton's Homecoming?  I don't much pay attention to that.  Figured we'd schedule Crosby for Homecoming every year we play them at home.  What are they 1-12 against Stewart??

Pace Concerts presents Bret Boyd and the 2009 GCM Patriots Homecoming Tour in Dayton,TX  

Friday, September 25th. One Night Only!

You can also catch the Patriots Tour Live in Crosby, TX, Oct 2nd and Barbers Hill,TX,  Oct. 9th.

Y'all Mind if We Dance with Your Dates!

Is it Friday yet???  Wonder who the weather would favor....man it's ugly outside...

Is this Dayton's Homecoming?  I don't much pay attention to that.  Figured we'd schedule Crosby for Homecoming every year we play them at home.  What are they 1-12 against Stewart??

Pace Concerts presents Bret Boyd and the 2009 GCM Patriots Homecoming Tour in Dayton,TX  

You can also catch the Patriots Tour Live in Crosby, TX, Oct 2nd and Barbers Hill,TX,  Oct. 9th.

I believe there is a junior high dance this Saturday to celebrate homecoming, that might be the only chance you guys from Baytown may have with our ladies from Dayton.

Besides...

After the Broncos take the Patriots to the woodshed on Friday night you might be spending all day Saturday in the doctors office and training room.

Guest Ranger83

I believe there is a junior high dance this Saturday to celebrate homecoming, that might be the only chance you guys from Baytown may have with our ladies from Dayton.

Besides...

After the Broncos take the Patriots to the woodshed on Friday night you might be spending all day Saturday in the doctors office and training room.

Why do I hear the music from "Deliverance" playing now? I guess I was thinking about the Dayton Homecoming Dance. ;)

We go from insults to Math equations.

I thought this was for serious predictions.

Are you new here....pretty much we all say the home team is going to win by 40, then we deride all the other homers who predict their team to win, then we insult each other and talk about the other team's town, pollution, dilapidated mall, etc....it's fun, you should try it.

Are you new here....pretty much we all say the home team is going to win by 40, then we deride all the other homers who predict their team to win, then we insult each other and talk about the other team's town, pollution, dilapidated mall, etc....it's fun, you should try it.

No, not new to it at all but the thread got a little off track.

As far as predictions go I'll have to go with my hometown Broncos over a much improved Patriots team.

This Patriots program WILL be a force to be reckoned with.  I can see them making the playoffs this year but I do not see them getting by the broncos just yet.

Sounds like someone trying to start up a new rivalry.  Just like y'all did BH.

Why is Dayton alot worse?They played Friendswood closer this year than previous years.Kingwood Park is better than last year yet the Bronco Defense holds the 2 win team to 119 total yards.I will be shocked if any district team can put up 200 yds.of offense against them  :D ;D

OMG! Ranger 83 I like your SPUNK! It is homecoming for the Broncos so you can really forget it this Friday night.....BUT! You will be glad to know that everyone is talking about your team and how far they have come in a year! Woo Hoo! That is one to be proud of and get this, they are putting yall in playoffs as the second team in district! That is awesome! I am not a dad, I am a mom but I admire the backing you give your son as I did too, he graduated in 2004 and is successful! I pray your son is young as he will probably be in the playoffs this year and next! Kudos to you for backing your child and if I have to eat crow, call me, I'll come eat it but probably not this year!

GO BRONCOS! :)

Guest Ranger83

OMG! Ranger 83 I like your SPUNK! It is homecoming for the Broncos so you can really forget it this Friday night.....BUT! You will be glad to know that everyone is talking about your team and how far they have come in a year! Woo Hoo! That is one to be proud of and get this, they are putting yall in playoffs as the second team in district! That is awesome! I am not a dad, I am a mom but I admire the backing you give your son as I did too, he graduated in 2004 and is successful! I pray your son is young as he will probably be in the playoffs this year and next! Kudos to you for backing your child and if I have to eat crow, call me, I'll come eat it but probably not this year!

GO BRONCOS! :)

I just hope we can compete. It feels much better this year that it did at this time last year. Dayton will be an excellent measuring stick for our program. I am in no way backing down from my prediction, I do think the Goose CAN win. Now believing and doing are two separate issues, but I will never stop believing.

I don't buy that "got alot worse stuff"... Yeah obviously when you lose the kids they lost , can't replace them, and anybody understands you don't replace a Cody Green and Dugat ,but they'll be a load to beat....Their good every year..GCM better pack a full lunch...

Definitely not the team we had last year but to assume we lost "everyone" would be extremely foolish.  Inexperience at QB but a very sound defense and plenty of playmakers on offense.  Last year we'd beat teams 49-7....this year 35-3.  Can't wait to see you get off the bus GCM....

HaHaHaHa... The you go rollin'.  Making fun on the San Jacinto Mall. You know that when you were a kid, you loved that mall. I bet you liked to throw coins in the cute little waterfall that they had in the eating area. Then to talk about Baytowns pollution. That pollution is just coming from Stink-adena. Baytown is one of the cleanest and safest cities on the gulf coast. I put them right up there with Port Arthur. Oh, how I love to walk down the streets of old Baytown in the middle of the night.

I did love that mall when I was a little kid and I probably three $100 in pennies into that fountain.  Then I go there for the first time in years maybe a month ago and there are 8 stores total in the whole mall.  Of course the Exxon and Chevron Refineries couldn't possibly be putting any pollutants into the air....they did close that super-stinky plant across from Chevron though. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83