Overrated?

Guest Big Balls

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll broaden it out a little....I'll give you my Top 5 Over-rated 3A teams statewide so far this season....(in my opinion)...

1. Bellville - Lotta hype, I'm not convinced...tonight's game should be very telling against Navasota. 

2. Brownwood - Have been the red-headed step child in their district since moving down to 3A. 

3. Celina - A shell of their former selves.

4. Sinton - Other than Ingleside, they've always have a weak schedule, and weak playoff road up until at least the 3rd round. 

5. China Spring - Also a shell of their former selves.

Quote from: Pirates on Today at 05:38:37 AM

Quote from: Jaguar-J on Today at 02:46:07 AM

Vidor is the most overrated

Everyone is having fun with this one, but it takes like Jaguar-J to spoil the fun. Freshman

This is funny. I have seen PN-G, WO-S, Silsbee, East Chambers, Lumberton, and the HD JV team called out, but the first one to call out Vidor is the arse.

Way to show yours.

:D :D :D :D

Everyone is having fun with this one, but it takes an A** like Jaguar-J to spoil the fun.Freshman

This is funny. I have seen PN-G, WO-S, Silsbee, East Chambers, Lumberton, and the HD JV team called out, but the first one to call out Vidor is the arse.

Way to show yours.

I think that this is the keyword that he's talking about with his statement.

I don't know who is overrated. But I do know who is not overrated.

WOS is a complete football team and is worthy of their state ranking. They did have a sloppy offensive game against the cats with bobbled snaps and illegal procedures. These things can easily be fixed and are not the signs of doom to come. Good luck WOS.

Kville proved that they can play 4 quarters of football, something they didn't do against Jasper. I have also been told that they played WOS without one of their starting running backs(Rhodes). Their turnover problem is being fixed, Going from 7 against Jasper to I believe one against WOS. Good luck Kville.

Everyone is having fun with this one, but it takes an A** like Jaguar-J to spoil the fun.Freshman

Way to show yours.

I think that this is the keyword that he's talking about with his statement.

So someone having PN-G ranked as the #1 overrated team is somehow different?

Get over it and move on. Win a few playoff games, hell make the playoffs and then come talk smack. Until then Vidor will only be as good as their reputation. Playing two private schools and a 3A school does not help.

Okay. Vidor has not been tested yet. They are off this week. District starts next week and I think they will be tested in district and I think they will do pretty good. They will be in the play offs. Whether or not they will win district is still to be determined. They have a good chance.

I agree with that. I just don't see why the VP fans want to run smack and then get pissed if it is given back some. They still have yet to prove they are an upper echelon school in this area. Barely middle of the road. That could change this year.

Guest blackflag

Jasper is definately impressive, first half against Gilmer, whole game against WO-S.  The 'Stangs will have to go to work or they could wind up 4th in district.  I'm not laughing.

WO-S will most definitely make it out of their district...

I could see Orangefield and H-J beating WOS.

Jasper is definately impressive, first half against Gilmer, whole game against WO-S.  The 'Stangs will have to go to work or they could wind up 4th in district.  I'm not laughing.

no way! neither have played anyone that compares to wos. neither are ready and both will get destroyed!

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

schedule to get play-off ready and lose one game and the world is coming to an end. I remember one year

when Jasper beat WO-S in pre- district. Then, in the play-offs WO-S beat Jasper. Newton almost lost

last night, they probably should have,we were lucky. Anyway, the sky isn't falling and the world hasn't ended.

Just my thoughts about good programs.

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

schedule to get play-off ready and lose one game and the world is coming to an end. I remember one year

when Jasper beat WO-S in pre- district. Then, in the play-offs WO-S beat Jasper. Newton almost lost

last night, they probably should have,we were lucky. Anyway, the sky isn't falling and the world hasn't ended.

Just my thoughts about good programs.

I agree with you jimmy. Last season my jags were up and down all season, but pick up speed in the playoffs and became a better team in the post season. I hand out overratings when it's all said and done. The teams that start first don/t always finish first. And a ranking don't assure you a undefeated season. When Jasper played Gilmer in the Championshup game in 04' they were not undefeat, they had blimishes on their record. If wo don't make the playoffs and don't do well in the playoffs if they make it, then maybe the overrated title will be earned. But until then, suck it up stangs!!!!!

Guest rykerx144

no way! neither have played anyone that compares to wos. neither are ready and both will get destroyed!

;D

I have been saying for the last 2 weeks that I feel we are overrated right now. And as I've said, luckily, right now doesn't matter. As someone said earlier, very few teams that win the title do it with undefeated records. We are definitely not going to fold it up after a close win and a loss to good, proven programs like Jasper and kirbyville. We will only get better from playing them.

The last few years we have played great early in the season and everyone here thought we were awesome. Then, we fizzle out late against teams no better than the ones we beat early on. Maybe this is something that needs to happen, but then again, maybe we will lose to OF and HJ and miss the playoffs. There are no guarantees in this game, but one thing is for sure. The season is still young, we have 2 weeks to work on things and we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state working their butts off to get all of this talent heading in the right direction. I like our chances. ;)

Guest rykerx144

I think that most of the time its beneficial to lose a game early or have a little down time.  It helps to prepare the kids mentally and keep them focused.  I think if Kirbyville would have had a few loses last year or something to remind them they are beatable it would have helped in the final.  JMO 

overrated?

1.  jack in the box tacos at 1 am

2.  kilz primer(more work than necessary)

Okay, I have watched this thread border on the ridiculous all day but now you have now crossed the line!  Jack in the Box tacos are great (and a great value) anytime, especially at 1 am !!!!  So now that you have successfully created a craving, I now have to get dressed and drive several miles.  I hope you are happy !!   8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder