Can Orangefield make a playoff Run

Guest Jmeek

I wouldn't put Silsbee in the playoffs just yet.  Of all the teams in SE Texas I think Silsbee on a yearly basis underachieves with the talent they have.  Why, I don't know.  They are as talented as WOS, and other than playing WOS close every year, don't really do much of anything else.  Maybe they play down to their competition,  IDK. 

I also don't like to compare scores, but when you look at what K-ville and Newton have done to Diboll, and look at what Diboll did to Silsbee, Silsbee has plenty of questions to answer.  OF, HJ, and BC will challenge Silsbee for the playoffs IMO!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put Silsbee in the playoffs just yet.  Of all the teams in SE Texas I think Silsbee on a yearly basis underachieves with the talent they have.  Why, I don't know.  They are as talented as WOS, and other than playing WOS close every year, don't really do much of anything else.  Maybe they play down to their competition,  IDK. 

I also don't like to compare scores, but when you look at what K-ville and Newton have done to Diboll, and look at what Diboll did to Silsbee, Silsbee has plenty of questions to answer.  OF, HJ, and BC will challenge Silsbee for the playoffs IMO!

These are the scores from last year's district games for Silsbee:

West Orange-Stark 14, Silsbee 7 OT

Silsbee 21, Bridge City 0

Silsbee 43, Orangefield 14

Silsbee 42, Hamshire-Fannett 6

Silsbee 41, Hardin-Jefferson 8

I don't think that reflects Silsbee playing down.

I do agree with you in regards to the Diboll game and that Silsbee still has things to work out.

Guest bleed orange

WOW! ;D What do we have here, sounds like a perfect thread for "OLD" bleed orange to jump into. Let's see, WOS and Silsbee already have playoffs spots locked up? By the way this thread should be called "can they make the playoffs." You have make it first before you can have a run. Just a little a head of yourself. Just like Silsbee is a lock. The way you guys are thinking maybe WOS and Silsbee should just play one game in district. Against each other of course. Since you guys are light years ahead of everyone else. The last 4 can play each other to see who goes in that third spot. Why play the district schedule since we have some so many experts on here who can predict the future. Someone will eat their words and I will be there to let them know. Right now we are thinking about Tarkington.  ;D ;D ;D

Well said boboandblair. I think our problems fall squarely on our coaches shoulders. Even with that being said i believe the tigers will probably Beat the other contenders in district pretty handedly. But if another team jumps up and beats us, like hf did in 07, i would not at all be surprised. 

Well said boboandblair. I think our problems fall squarely on our coaches shoulders. Even with that being said i believe the tigers will probably Beat the other contenders in district pretty handedly. But if another team jumps up and beats us, like hf did in 07, i would not at all be surprised. 

It's pretty obvious that you don't think you are getting your point across to anyone just yet.  ::)

Guest bleed orange

no.

If Orangefield does not make the playoffs, I hope Bridge City does. While there is a big rivalry, both communities support one another. You are arrogant. You never say anything good about Orangefield. That's OK, you will eat your words.

Dude..Why do you have such a serious axe to grind with the Tigers coaching staff?

You are such a hater >:( >:(

Like i said before, you will be hard pressed to find a bigger supporter of tiger athletics than me. I have not ''bashed'' the coaches hard at all. Instead of calling me a hater, i would like to know what you think is the problem with tiger football or even if you think there is one. And the only axe i've got to grind is that i expect more out of tiger football than what we've been getting given the talent we've had, dude. ;)

Like i said before, you will be hard pressed to find a bigger supporter of tiger athletics than me. I have not ''bashed'' the coaches hard at all. Instead of calling me a hater, i would like to know what you think is the problem with tiger football or even if you think there is one. And the only axe i've got to grind is that i expect more out of tiger football than what we've been getting given the talent we've had, dude. ;)

There are some things that could be done differently IMO, but I am not a coach. I just coach from the stands..lol

This is not the place to discuss the coaching staff.

Go to the school board and state your arguments.

no.

redbird 5 i am from bridge city and i can tell you right now. they have just as much chance uf not more of a chance than bridge city of making the playoffs....it seems their offense is way ahead of bridge city's and that is sad to say since they have been running their offense for like 4 months and bridge city has been running thiers for three years....if they get their defense going they will be a force to deal with

Guest bleed orange

See......This is what happens when a team starts to believe.  You can say all you want, but WOS and Silsbee better watch out.  If a WOS or Silsbee team goes into a 21-3A town with a W already in their bag....boom!  (It has already happend)

The other teams in 21-3A are wanting to make a move.  Mark it down.

Good post.

Guest bleed orange

no.

redbird 5 i am from bridge city and i can tell you right now. they have just as much chance uf not more of a chance than bridge city of making the playoffs....it seems their offense is way ahead of bridge city's and that is sad to say since they have been running their offense for like 4 months and bridge city has been running thiers for three years....if they get their defense going they will be a force to deal with

Thank you!!!! Let's see if we prove the experts wrong and both make the playoffs. 

See......This is what happens when a team starts to believe.  You can say all you want, but WOS and Silsbee better watch out.  If a WOS or Silsbee team goes into a 21-3A town with a W already in their bag....boom!  (It has already happend)

Good post.

wanting and doing are two different things.

im glad the cats are having a little success,you guys deserve it! also, i hope you get that third spot in the playoffs... but, with the exception of possibly silsbee, there is no team in this district that will touch wos!

Good post.

im glad the cats are having a little success,you guys deserve it! also, i hope you get that third spot in the playoffs... but, with the exception of possibly silsbee, there is no team in this district that will touch wos!

once wos offense starts clicking i think silsbee will have a hard time hanging with them. 

Guest bleed orange

Good post.

While I do appreciate your post, all I can say is "SOMEDAY".

Good post.

once wos offense starts clicking i think silsbee will have a hard time hanging with them. 

I believe that last year's WOS offense was better than this year's offense. Silsbee had no problem hanging with them then.

Key is, will they start clicking?

Silsbee did not have 10 or 11 possessions in the second half.

Silsbee went ultra conservative in the second half of that game(which I still don't understand) The Tigers outgained BC 330 yards to 188 in that game.

I would not say that is giving someone a run for their money. ::)

1 of the td's was busted coverage for 60 yards and a run for about 40. take those mistakes away and its 7 to 0 with bc getting in the red zone plenty of times. thats givingsomeone a run for their money. the silsbee coach even said that on an interview last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder