Can Orangefield make a playoff Run

Guest Jmeek

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee did not have 10 or 11 possessions in the second half.

Silsbee went ultra conservative in the second half of that game(which I still don't understand) The Tigers outgained BC 330 yards to 188 in that game.

I would not say that is giving someone a run for their money. ::)

1 of the td's was busted coverage for 60 yards and a run for about 40. take those mistakes away and its 7 to 0 with bc getting in the red zone plenty of times. thats givingsomeone a run for their money. the silsbee coach even said that on an interview last year.

You can't possibly assume that the second half of a game would have played out the same if the first half would have been different. If Bridge City had started out 7-0 the Tigers would have probably poured it on and beat them worse than they did. Thats an interesting thought though. . . ;)

Silsbee did not have 10 or 11 possessions in the second half.

Silsbee went ultra conservative in the second half of that game(which I still don't understand) The Tigers outgained BC 330 yards to 188 in that game.

I would not say that is giving someone a run for their money. ::)

1 of the td's was busted coverage for 60 yards and a run for about 40. take those mistakes away and its 7 to 0 with bc getting in the red zone plenty of times. thats givingsomeone a run for their money. the silsbee coach even said that on an interview last year.

You can't possibly assume that the second half of a game would have played out the same if the first half would have been different. If Bridge City had started out 7-0 the Tigers would have probably poured it on and beat them worse than they did. Thats an interesting thought though. . . ;)

it's funny on how wrong you are...

if you think that a 7-0 lead at halftime would make them pour it on then you have to also add that BC would be fighting that much harder because they are in such a close fight that they can have an upset!!

if anything!! BC would get more of a boost out of it than Silsbee just because they were expected to lose by everyone in SE TX

I have watched film on every team in 21-3A, and I follow this district very closely. I feel it will finish as follows:

1. WOS

2. Silsbee

3. HJ/OF Too close to call at this point

4. BC

5. HF

WOS Is strong pretty much everywhere and should not have too much of a problem winning out.

Silsbee has a stong passing game and ok defense, but they need to improve their running attack and become more balanced to challange WOS

HJ is more athletic than OF and usually that would make me lean their way, however I feel OF's offense is very good, they appear to have better coaching, and will be very tough for HJ to stop. I feel that when they play each other it will be somewhat of a shootout and at this point its too early to call a winner.

BC has an ok defense, but their offense is anemic. Obviously they have a shot at beating HJ or OF, but they are going to have to imporve dramatically on offense.

HF basically looks weak in alot of areas and will have a hard time getting any wins in district play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami