*BH vs. Cypress Ranch JV Updates..BH Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

The "deal" is Cy Ranch is a first year HS and is the same as GCM and Kingwood Park were last year, with the exception, that they are a 5-A school.  There are no seniors on the team or in the HS and they just called themselves a JV team since all they have are Juniors, Sophs, and Frosh.  At least that is my understanding. 

The "deal" is Cy Ranch is a first year HS and is the same as GCM and Kingwood Park were last year, with the exception, that they are a 5-A school.  There are no seniors on the team or in the HS and they just called themselves a JV team since all they have are Juniors, Sophs, and Frosh.  At least that is my understanding. 

Gotcha, I didn't mean any disrespect, but when I seen JV it confused me. Congrats

Cypress Ranch is not a JV team, they just don't have a Senior class this year, they are 5a though, but right now not very good.  There were problems with the schedule and it was either have an open week or play this game, so we played.

I thought we started out good but then went down hill after the first two scores.  I think our kids lost focus especially on the offensive side of the ball.  This was a game that you hope to play mistake free and put it out of reach early and then use second team guys for the remainder, but that didn't happen.  I thought we played down to their level most of the night.  Our defense did a good job for the most part, CR never got their rushing game together.  Our kids threw some good licks, and held them out of the endzone all night.  The defense I give an A, the offense I give an B-.  But it was good for the kids to win a game.

It's for real next week boys, its time to start putting the full package on the field and eliminating the mistakes.

We believe you can do it!

BH34, very good assesment of the overall picture I feel......I would probabaly give the offense a "C", overall, but the defense played very well. Offense just needs to eliminate the little mistakes , penalties, and turnovers that will cost them against a really good team..."High fives" to the special teams, much improved, and punt block special teams,,,2 blocks thats awesome.....and Cy Ranch is a large 5a school, just no Seniors. District play now starts, need to keep it rolling, and get better each week......Wish the "backup quarterback"could get some snaps, may need him down the road...Last night would have been a good game for that..

BH34 is right on in his assessment.  Defense stayed focused and played a good game.  backups got in about every other series so that was good for them to get playing time.  Offense still shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and mistakes.  I would have liked to see the backup QB get some reps to but he was starting at receiver all night in place of one of our starters.  I saw we had a few starters on the sidelines in street clothes.  Hope they make it back by next week.

BH34, very good assesment of the overall picture I feel......I would probabaly give the offense a "C", overall, but the defense played very well. Offense just needs to eliminate the little mistakes , penalties, and turnovers that will cost them against a really good team..."High fives" to the special teams, much improved, and punt block special teams,,,2 blocks thats awesome.....and Cy Ranch is a large 5a school, just no Seniors. District play now starts, need to keep it rolling, and get better each week......Wish the "backup quarterback"could get some snaps, may need him down the road...Last night would have been a good game for that..

You would think, but the back-up only got a few snaps.  What happened to the big guy (lineman) who had been doing kick-offs?  He was pretty darn good.

Cypress Ranch is not a JV team, they just don't have a Senior class this year, they are 5a though, but right now not very good.  There were problems with the schedule and it was either have an open week or play this game, so we played.

I thought we started out good but then went down hill after the first two scores.  I think our kids lost focus especially on the offensive side of the ball.  This was a game that you hope to play mistake free and put it out of reach early and then use second team guys for the remainder, but that didn't happen.  I thought we played down to their level most of the night.  Our defense did a good job for the most part, CR never got their rushing game together.  Our kids threw some good licks, and held them out of the endzone all night.  The defense I give an A, the offense I give an B-.  But it was good for the kids to win a game.

It's for real next week boys, its time to start putting the full package on the field and eliminating the mistakes.

We believe you can do it!

This actually reminds me of when Ozen was formed in Beaumont, they were considered a JV team until they got their first senior class as well, and I think they played "up" a few games before moving up too, which meant by the time they had an actual Varsity team they were pretty good at least for a couple of years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83