Cypress Ranch & BH ???

bh34

New school. BH plays the JV i believe, i may be wrong.

Thats correct.  Cypress Ranch, the newest school in the Cy-Fair ISD just northwest of Houston, will not be playing a varsity schedule for another year.  But rest assured that because this is a junior varisty squad, that they are not pushovers!

These Cy-Fair schools keep popping up like mushrooms!  Cy Ranch is an opponent similar to GCM and K-Park last year.  They currently have grades freshman-junior.  Unlike GCM and K-Park, they are not calling themselves Varsity with no seniors.

The last thing BH needs to do is to go into this game thinking they already have a win...this is a week to get better, execute perfectly and dominate this new team.  Anything less will be not be good.

These Cy-Fair schools keep popping up like mushrooms!  Cy Ranch is an opponent similar to GCM and K-Park last year.  They currently have grades freshman-junior.  Unlike GCM and K-Park, they are not calling themselves Varsity with no seniors.

The last thing BH needs to do is to go into this game thinking they already have a win...this is a week to get better, execute perfectly and dominate this new team.  Anything less will be not be good.

This is true.....especially since 19-4A begins district play the next week!

I have tried to see who they have played and couldn't find any Info. Should be a good week to try some new things and a kids at positions to prep for district. Anything less than a blow out should have BH thinking how to adjust for the coming weeks IMO.

Thats correct.  Cypress Ranch, the newest school in the Cy-Fair ISD just northwest of Houston, will not be playing a varsity schedule for another year.  But rest assured that because this is a junior varisty squad, that they are pushovers!

I hope you meant that they are not pushovers.  The boys say that from watching film on them that they have some good athletes and a lot of team speed.  Looks like they have a pretty good running back that is fast and hard to bring down.  Our tackling will definitely have to improve this week.

Thats correct.  Cypress Ranch, the newest school in the Cy-Fair ISD just northwest of Houston, will not be playing a varsity schedule for another year.  But rest assured that because this is a junior varisty squad, that they are pushovers!

I hope you meant that they are not pushovers.  The boys say that from watching film on them that they have some good athletes and a lot of team speed.  Looks like they have a pretty good running back that is fast and hard to bring down.  Our tackling will definitely have to improve this week.

Yes, that is what I meant.  I guess I have to work on my proofreading!

I agree, we should not take them lightly.  They are a 5a school, so their enrollment is a lot higher than ours, which means more talent to chose from.  I also spoke to a gentleman this morning that told me their back was very good, so this should be a good test for our D. 

Guest Ranger83

Sounds like this should be like last years GCM game. Hill takes it, but Cy-Ranch's back should be fun to watch.

Yea. BH owns the first year programs! Now, if they could just play a JV schedule for 10 games. ;)

Ranger83, Wow, BH sure seems to be a burr under your saddle,not sure why.. But I'll bet you at years end even with BH starting out at 0-2, they'll have a better win-loss record than GCM..and they will beat them again this year also, with a full senior squad..BH has about 1000 kids enrolled, GCM is already at 1400, but that won't matter, BH will still be in the playoffs at years end with a better record than GCM..  Pasadena, I thought they only played soccer now...Talk about a  JV team....

Ranger83, Wow, BH sure seems to be a burr under your saddle,not sure why.. But I'll bet you at years end even with BH starting out at 0-2, they'll have a better win-loss record than GCM..and they will beat them again this year also, with a full senior squad..BH has about 1000 kids enrolled, GCM is already at 1400, but that won't matter, BH will still be in the playoffs at years end with a better record than GCM..   Pasadena, I thought they only played soccer now...Talk about a  JV team....

Hey cut him some slack it has to be tough to be a Ranger fan ;D ;D They finally made it back to the playoffs after 300 years ;D ;D There is always Water Polo though! Them Rangers can swim :-*

Guest Ranger83

Ranger83, Wow, BH sure seems to be a burr under your saddle,not sure why.. But I'll bet you at years end even with BH starting out at 0-2, they'll have a better win-loss record than GCM..and they will beat them again this year also, with a full senior squad..BH has about 1000 kids enrolled, GCM is already at 1400, but that won't matter, BH will still be in the playoffs at years end with a better record than GCM..   Pasadena, I thought they only played soccer now...Talk about a  JV team....

A big burr! Nothing personal to anyone, just a little success envy I guess. I have the same feelings for REL across town and that other university in College Station.

But I'll gladly take your bet. I've said from day one, GCM will go 6-4. We'll see if that's good enough in 19-4A this year.

Unfortunately, all I can do is shoot off my mouth and stir the pot. (I do love stirring a good pot!) My nephew is on the o-line at the BH. We have some colorful family gatherings. It's all in good fun and I would never want to take anything away from what BH has accomplished in the past.

Reminds me of what RSS used to have in the 70's and early 80's. PRIDE!

Ranger83, Wow, BH sure seems to be a burr under your saddle,not sure why.. But I'll bet you at years end even with BH starting out at 0-2, they'll have a better win-loss record than GCM..and they will beat them again this year also, with a full senior squad..BH has about 1000 kids enrolled, GCM is already at 1400, but that won't matter, BH will still be in the playoffs at years end with a better record than GCM..   Pasadena, I thought they only played soccer now...Talk about a  JV team....

A big burr! Nothing personal to anyone, just a little success envy I guess. I have the same feelings for REL across town and that other university in College Station.

But I'll gladly take your bet. I've said from day one, GCM will go 6-4. We'll see if that's good enough in 19-4A this year.

Unfortunately, all I can do is shoot off my mouth and stir the pot. (I do love stirring a good pot!) My nephew is on the o-line at the BH. We have some colorful family gatherings. It's all in good fun and I would never want to take anything away from what BH has accomplished in the past.

Reminds me of what RSS used to have in the 70's and early 80's. PRIDE!

I respect all pot stirrers  ;D With out pot stirrers there would be no message boards ;D ;D

Oh and I take back the Blow out statement earlier! ;D This team has be wondering now ??? Even though they are listing theirselfs as a JV it is not a JV as most of the talented Juniors would be playing Varsity anyway. They should be better than a standard JV team.

Guest Ranger83

Ranger...did GCM's first game count...don't think I ever saw an answer to that?

We were told it counted. We wanted to "ride" it out, Pasadena was done. From what I understand about the UIL's position, we can count it as a win and Pasadena does not have to count it as a loss.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder