WOS grade Vidor, LCM & Ned

Guest pirates

Well this is one Dog fan that thinks some of you guys thinking that Big Ned is going to be a cellar dweller is kind of premature. Yep we lost a good QB, but you know it's and amazing thing that each year we manage to put someone in the position that keeps the Dogs moving and Tyler Smith will be no different. You guys just keep on thinking how bad we are going to be, we love it!

Nederland will never be in the cellar.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching central and wb on tv i think central very well win this district....big fast and hits hard

Central will definatly be hand full this year for sure. I hope this years game is as good as last years was. With Vidor coming out on top this time  ;D. Last years game between these two had more big hits in it than I can rember.

I hope Vidor doesn't put too much stock in beating WO-S in a scrimmage, if they play tonite WO-S win s by double digits, sorry this doesn't have a happy ending.  Saw Vidor play WO-S, if you could call them WO-S, and saw LC-M play WO-S, the real WO-S, and LC-M gives the Pirates maybe too much to handle.  It's too early right now, but put your Dave Campbell's down and come back to reality.  I don't care if you've got 22 starters coming back you still got it to do.

well hear goes gays and gals.first off lets talk vidor football.year in and year  out vidor comes up with a large team ,no diffrent this year. the coaching staff is one of the better ones around  and matt knows what its going to take to win games.i am NOT going to put my head on the chopping block just yet and say vidor will win it all,there are a few things i see that thay need  work on and its called  big D. now comes nederland. thay lost one of the best QB  around ,but still  the dogs have a prutty fair running game there in dog land. this one in not new to no one the coaches there are very smart and try and keep there game 50?50 run pass. the QB is not new to the game  he has playing time under his belt so he will be fine. agnest wo-s speed hurt them and the turnovers killed them,maybe with a little luck and help from other teams in the dist  ,thay might make a playoff spot.LC-m new look new coach and a very top notched one at that. the kids there have alot to work with  this year alot of leadership and new hope . lc-m belives in coach crouch andthe coach has faith in this kids. the OL has nice size a on DEf  some hard hiters and very fast corners. wit a little luck there in bear country who know ,thay might just might suprise a few people

I think Vidor will lose some games they aren't supposed to and LCM will beat some people they weren't "predicted" to beat according to the magazine.  Nederland, in my opinion, will struggle this year and not make the playoffs, primarily due to the loss of their qb. 

The main thing about LCM is they need to play every game like they are playing WOS.  They always put so much into that game because they want to win so bad and the kids get hyped up and all and it's always a great game.  I hope they can continue to play well and get better every single game.  It would be great for them to make the playoffs this year, but not knowing what the other front runners have in their stockyards, it's hard to tell if the three we have seen will beat those we haven't seen.

1. Vidor

2. Central

3. Lumberton

4. PNG

Put the first 3 in a bag and shake them up and draw.  All could swap spots.  PNG will have to really improve to beat any of the first three.  They made a good showing againsy Crosby, so they could be in the mix as well.

Nice..... go-ahead and count Nederland out like everybody did in baseball....We will just have to wait and see...I have all the faith in the World in Tyler....and also that slow def.I keep hearing about...W.O.S realy did not beat us with speed ....blown zone coverages three times . ... And  a very tired Def. that played 3/4 of the TIME IN THE FIRST 2 QRTS & THE 4TH....and this is just my opion a good J.V team could have put 30 points up against crosby last Friday..They did not look like the same crosby I have seen in the past..

I knew some Nederlanders would come on this thread and get their feelings hurt... Admin asked the questions from unbiased opinions that have seen all three. If you guys don't want to see the answers then you may want to avoid this thread.

If you did not see a HUGE difference in the speed between WOS and Ned then you are nothing but a blind fan with no sense of objectiveness in your body and probably should avoid this thread and any other that may have something negative about your precious bulldogs.

While we are at it, another "fan" said everyone one was predicting them as cellar dwellers. I've only seen one post that didn't have them in the playoff mix. You guys need to quit reading with your heart.

I knew some Nederlanders would come on this thread and get their feelings hurt... Admin asked the questions from unbiased opinions that have seen all three. If you guys don't want to see the answers then you may want to avoid this thread.

If you did not see a HUGE difference in the speed between WOS and Ned then you are nothing but a blind fan with no sense of objectiveness in your body and probably should avoid this thread and any other that may have something negative about your precious bulldogs.

While we are at it, another "fan" said everyone one was predicting them as cellar dwellers. I've only seen one post that didn't have them in the playoff mix. You guys need to quit reading with your heart.

Great comments, I agree 100%

I think the Bulldogs played excellent considering 7 freakin turnovers and losing their QB. An INT for a TD (be sure and clip Bellow in the process) and another INT in close range, blown coverage on a long pass. Gee, I guess I'm just blind. You can keep your condescending tone to yourself too. Who do you think you are?

I think the Bulldogs played excellent considering 7 freakin turnovers and losing their QB. An INT for a TD (be sure and clip Bellow in the process) and another INT in close range, blown coverage on a long pass. Gee, I guess I'm just blind. You can keep your condescending tone to yourself too. Who do you think you are?

not only are you blind but ignorant as well...    stop crying!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   be glad you got to play wos when u did otherwise the outcome wouldve been worse!

not only are you blind but ignorant as well...    stop crying!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   be glad you got to play wos when u did otherwise the outcome wouldve been worse!

Who's crying? At least I'm not a stuffed shirt.

I think I'm someone who called this before it ever happened. I even mentioned in my initial post that SOME Ned fans wouldn't like my assessment. In fact, I almost didn't even respond because I knew that there would be some Ned fans lose their mind over it. He ask ofor our opinion, that's what he got. It's not debatable, but it never fails that some of you are going to try it anyway.

... and yes, you are blind because there were no interceptions for touchdowns in that game. The beneficiery of the closest INT to the goal line was Ned at the 5 yard line. Also, when we went deep, even on the passes we didn't complete, our recievers were running away from your DB's. Then, when ya'll trid to go deep, your recievers couldn't outrun our DB's.

Anyway, like I said, this ain't no debate. It's my opinion on a subject that was requested from someone. You may want to avoid this thread because all of your arguing ain't going to change it. ;)

I think the Bulldogs played excellent considering 7 freakin turnovers and losing their QB. An INT for a TD (be sure and clip Bellow in the process) and another INT in close range, blown coverage on a long pass.

And other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Ah, a feeble attempt at humor, and typical. Thanks friend.

I think the Bulldogs played excellent considering 7 freakin turnovers and losing their QB. An INT for a TD (be sure and clip Bellow in the process) and another INT in close range, blown coverage on a long pass.

And other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

spot on! if we hadnt lost we wouldve won...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

You can't be serious with this post. I find it hard to believe that someone would make such a statement.

First of all someone asked WOS for their opinion and he gave it. Second of all, you just gave every excuse in the book. I have never seen so much crying or excuses. I'm guessing you don't represent all of the Nederland fans. Sometimes you just get beat. Accept it.

Like someone else said "If yall hadn't lost you would have won".

Guest Brubaker

td, the question was about the prognosis for Nederland's season, not if they are better than WOS.  Baddog, gave reasons, you can't call them excuses if they are based on how Nederland will do the rest of the season.  You need to go back and rethink the point you were just trying to make.  Gas gave his opinion, then others gave their opinions... it's been an opinion fest... but I've missed the part where Nederland made any claim to being better than WOS or making excuses about the loss... all a matter of how you want to read it in my opinion.  I read Gas' post and didn't get excited, it was his opinion, and he doesn't have a lot to go off.  He could've given that same line of thinking for every Nederland team over the past two decades... and there has been some success sprinkled in there.

td, the question was about the prognosis for Nederland's season, not if they are better than WOS.  Baddog, gave reasons, you can't call them excuses if they are based on how Nederland will do the rest of the season.  You need to go back and rethink the point you were just trying to make.  Gas gave his opinion, then others gave their opinions... it's been an opinion fest... but I've missed the part where Nederland made any claim to being better than WOS or making excuses about the loss... all a matter of how you want to read it in my opinion.  I read Gas' post and didn't get excited, it was his opinion, and he doesn't have a lot to go off.  He could've given that same line of thinking for every Nederland team over the past two decades... and there has been some success sprinkled in there.

I think this is a reasonable response, and you are correct. I don't have a lot to go off of at this point other than the only real game Nederland has played so far in 2009. I could be completely wrong on my assessment, but I don't think I will be. I disagree about I could give the same line of thinking for other Nederland teams. I have seen a bunch of pretty good Ned teams. To me, they do not have quite the speed they usually do. I'm not saying that Ned usually has burners all over the field because they never do, but they usually have more than what I saw. They are also usually bigger up front and have better line play than what I saw. They used to be pretty good against the run, but the last couple of years they have been a little soft. It appears this years team will be a little better.

Now, when Ned fans come on here and say things like, "You people just keep overlooking us... blah, blah, blah". That is not someone giving an opinion, that is someone whinning because they didn't like what they read.

td, the question was about the prognosis for Nederland's season, not if they are better than WOS.  Baddog, gave reasons, you can't call them excuses if they are based on how Nederland will do the rest of the season.  You need to go back and rethink the point you were just trying to make.  Gas gave his opinion, then others gave their opinions... it's been an opinion fest... but I've missed the part where Nederland made any claim to being better than WOS or making excuses about the loss... all a matter of how you want to read it in my opinion.  I read Gas' post and didn't get excited, it was his opinion, and he doesn't have a lot to go off.  He could've given that same line of thinking for every Nederland team over the past two decades... and there has been some success sprinkled in there.

I thought the question was for some of the people that went to all three games that WOS played to grade their opponents. Gas was giving an honest opinion. If you will read his post, and or all of his post, he doesn't attack people he just talks football. He watches alot of games and has the ability to watch something other than just the guy carrying the ball. I for one wish I had that in me but I can't keep my eye off of the guy with the ball. If you asked him to grade WOS, you would have some WOS people that didn't like what he said but it would be an honest opinion and not condescending at all.

As a Ned fan, I think it is pretty obvious that WO-S had a significant speed edge against us this season. They always do. I think the question mark for the Dogs this season is: "Who is going to step up and be the big play guy?" In the past we have had Cardenas, Grogan, Butler, Moseley, Askew, Yoder, Sumrall, etc, etc, etc. It remains to be seen whether we have a big play guy or not.

WO-S was clearly the better team two weeks ago. I agree the 7 turnovers did not help, but you gotta hand it to the WO-S defense for being in the right places at the right times.

In my opinion, there were 3 plays that really turned the game from being a close one to a losided Stangs win. They were:

1. The muffed punt at the WO-S 35 when Ned was down 12-7(or maybe 13-7?)

2. WO-S TD on the deflected pass on 4th down and long right before halftime(I think it was a 5-point game at that point)

3. The injury to Bellow at the start of the 4th with Ned driving down by 12.

These are not excuses. WO-S was the better team and much faster team. They were in the right places at the right times and turnovers are part of the game. Every game has game-changing plays and these were them in my opinion from a Ned standpoint.

Ned will be okay once the QB settles in. He will be fine. He has a host of good WR's. Just not sure we ahve the home run hitter we are accustomed to. I hope I am wrong. The defense looks like it hits harder, but we still aren't wrapping up. Big improvement over last year though. I think we will battle for the 3rd or 4th spot. It's gonna be a tough district.

As a Ned fan, I think it is pretty obvious that WO-S had a significant speed edge against us this season. They always do. I think the question mark for the Dogs this season is: "Who is going to step up and be the big play guy?" In the past we have had Cardenas, Grogan, Butler, Moseley, Askew, Yoder, Sumrall, etc, etc, etc. It remains to be seen whether we have a big play guy or not.

WO-S was clearly the better team two weeks ago. I agree the 7 turnovers did not help, but you gotta hand it to the WO-S defense for being in the right places at the right times.

In my opinion, there were 3 plays that really turned the game from being a close one to a losided Stangs win. They were:

1. The muffed punt at the WO-S 35 when Ned was down 12-7(or maybe 13-7?)

2. WO-S TD on the deflected pass on 4th down and long right before halftime(I think it was a 5-point game at that point)

3. The injury to Bellow at the start of the 4th with Ned driving down by 12.

These are not excuses. WO-S was the better team and much faster team. They were in the right places at the right times and turnovers are part of the game. Every game has game-changing plays and these were them in my opinion from a Ned standpoint.

Ned will be okay once the QB settles in. He will be fine. He has a host of good WR's. Just not sure we ahve the home run hitter we are accustomed to. I hope I am wrong. The defense looks like it hits harder, but we still aren't wrapping up. Big improvement over last year though. I think we will battle for the 3rd or 4th spot. It's gonna be a tough district.

That is a good assessment.

Guest Brubaker

td, the question was about the prognosis for Nederland's season, not if they are better than WOS.  Baddog, gave reasons, you can't call them excuses if they are based on how Nederland will do the rest of the season.  You need to go back and rethink the point you were just trying to make.  Gas gave his opinion, then others gave their opinions... it's been an opinion fest... but I've missed the part where Nederland made any claim to being better than WOS or making excuses about the loss... all a matter of how you want to read it in my opinion.  I read Gas' post and didn't get excited, it was his opinion, and he doesn't have a lot to go off.  He could've given that same line of thinking for every Nederland team over the past two decades... and there has been some success sprinkled in there.

I thought the question was for some of the people that went to all three games that WOS played to grade their opponents. Gas was giving an honest opinion. If you will read his post, and or all of his post, he doesn't attack people he just talks football. He watches alot of games and has the ability to watch something other than just the guy carrying the ball. I for one wish I had that in me but I can't keep my eye off of the guy with the ball. If you asked him to grade WOS, you would have some WOS people that didn't like what he said but it would be an honest opinion and not condescending at all.

td, please read again, you are missing my point.  Baddog responded with his opinion on the future success of Nederland... can he do that?  He used mistakes and the play that led to Nederland's loss at WOS... my point was he can do that and it not be whining.  I'm not saying Nederland fans don't whine... we can whine with the best of 'em, I'm saying you missed the point that his post was an OPINION.  An OPINION for why Nederland's season is not going down the drain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124