Grade your team

BigWolf10

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but if they key in on Reyes, then whose gonna pick up the slack on the ground? Cooper? Prolly not.

Central keyed in on Reyes Jr...the O line missed several blocks(record the game and rewind)....if it happens again, I see us going to the air....Central has some studs D-backs there...I don't see to much difference in Westfield's Defense and Central's Defense....same results.

Yeah, but if they key in on Reyes, then whose gonna pick up the slack on the ground? Cooper? Prolly not.

Central keyed in on Reyes Jr...the O line missed several blocks(record the game and rewind)....if it happens again, I see us going to the air....Central has some studs D-backs there...I don't see to much difference in Westfield's Defense and Central's Defense....same results.

Our strength is our front 7.  Our secondary allowed huge yardage on 3rd and longs.  Heck, if it would have been for a few dropped passes, the Brook receiver had paydirt the other way.  I've seen Westfield a few times, and in my opinion, their strong point was their secondary.  They wouldn't go for int, but will punish receivers every chance they get...

Hamshire-Fannett

Offense: F+...Terrible offensive line, terrible qb, good running back, very bad offense

Defense: D-...Very inconsistent and slow

Special Teams: D-...Every kickoff or punt return is muffed, sometimes we get lucky plays

Overall: F...Too many turnovers, bad offense, bad defense, terrible head coach

Well said Ron, and right on the money in my opinion. Good luck "Lonnie" with the rest of your gutless life, but for YOUR FORMER TEAMMATES' SAKE leave the negative commenting to the young men representing your community and "your" team not those that have chosen not to play, such as you.

Sorry I forgot to rate a team:

WOS

Offense - B very talented but no real scheme except get the ball to speed in open field.

Defense - A- not as talented as in year past but always agressive, physical, and WELL coached.

Overall B+  will get better as year goes on but will have trouble getting out of this region.

Hamshire-Fannett

Offense: F+...Terrible offensive line, terrible qb, good running back, very bad offense

Defense: D-...Very inconsistent and slow

Special Teams: D-...Every kickoff or punt return is muffed, sometimes we get lucky plays

Overall: F...Too many turnovers, bad offense, bad defense, terrible head coach

Well said Ron, and right on the money in my opinion. Good luck "Lonnie" with the rest of your gutless life, but for YOUR FORMER TEAMMATES' SAKE leave the negative commenting to the young men representing your community and "your" team not those that have chosen not to play, such as you.

I'm pretty sure i'll say whatever i want to say and there's not really anything you can do about it.  That was a legitimate post about the H-F football team and if you watch them play then you'll know.  We're not as good as we used to be and i was letting everybody know. I thought that was what you're supposed to do on this thread.  You and Ron should get an apartment together. 

Sorry I forgot to rate a team:

WOS

Offense - B very talented but no real scheme except get the ball to speed in open field.

Defense - A- not as talented as in year past but always agressive, physical, and WELL coached.

Overall B+  will get better as year goes on but will have trouble getting out of this region.

Team is young!!! Alot of Sophomores playing and getting better, Next year=WOW

PNG Grads?

Offense - B

Getting more physical and deeper into the playbook each week. As the season goes on and Doty progresses (still throws a few up he shouldn't) this number will get much better.

Defense - A

Creating turnovers. Lots of them. Gave up 7 points to Crosby after a muffed punt return giving them a short field (20 yards) and even then Crosby had to go down to the wire to get it in. Gave up 20 second half points to BH and looked a bit sluggish, but to their credit they where on the field most of the first half due to an inneffective offense and a pretty good BH defense.

Special Teams - B+

The kicker can boom it. Several kickoffs into the end zone (not sure why we kick it to the up man on purpose sometimes?). He has kicked FG's well also. Heard he had range out to 45 yards. Punt and punt coverage have been pretty good so far. Only negative has been a couple of muffed punts (one we lost and one we didn't). The kick returns have been solid.

Overall - B+ so far.

Guest Ranger83

Goose Creek Memorial 1-1

Offense: B+

The Patriots scored on every possesion against Pasadena, however, they looked like deer in the headlights against a much better Dawson team. The talent is there, we'll see if they can play when the spotlight is on.

Defense: C

D-line has played without Jr, DT, Kendall Wilkerson since he was diagnosed and treated for staph infection. He should be back in week 3 for the 19-4A opener with North Forrest. The young secondary (4 sophs) was torched by Dawson. We'll see if they can raise the grading curve or some changes will need to be made ASAP.

Specail Teams: A-

If we could get the snap form center, things would be much better. (Wilkerson is also the deep snapper) Missed PAT's have been the result of poor snaps. Punting is average. Kickoffs are above average. (The best kicker in the state IMO! ;D Happens to be my son)

Overall: B

Need to improve in the running game and secondary if GCM is to make any serious contentions in 19-4A.

Goose Creek Memorial 1-1

Offense: B+

The Patriots scored on every possesion against Pasadena, however, they looked like deer in the headlights against a much better Dawson team. The talent is there, we'll see if they can play when the spotlight is on.

Defense: C

D-line has played without Jr, DT, Kendall Wilkerson since he was diagnosed and treated for staph infection. He should be back in week 3 for the 19-4A opener with North Forrest. The young secondary (4 sophs) was torched by Dawson. We'll see if they can raise the grading curve or some changes will need to be made ASAP.

Specail Teams: A-

If we could get the snap form center, things would be much better. (Wilkerson is also the deep snapper) Missed PAT's have been the result of poor snaps. Punting is average. Kickoffs are above average. (The best kicker in the state IMO! ;D Happens to be my son)

Overall: B

Need to improve in the running game and secondary if GCM is to make any serious contentions in 19-4A.

Spoken like a true proud father Congrats :)

Well I am a Jaguar alumni so let me try this out!!!

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attck opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game thaty hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truely A+ which helps the socre alot.  The recievers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Deffense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at tgimes.  This D is a containment D with situatrional blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truely a surprise.  The feild goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

wo-s---------------------B - lazy

Skipper.Would you like to expand on that?

i spoke with skipper,  (off the record) of course.  he is actually giving WOS an  "A+".  he also confided in me that he would give silsbee a "D-".  please keep this to yourself.  thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont