Friendswood at Dayton

I certainly don't have a dog in this hunt, but I can't help myself from posting on a certain comment that has been made.

The comment about Friendswood winning the battle but losing the war against Dayton makes zero sense. Dayton losing to Friendswood 5 straight times is all that matters when considering the two teams. Saying you went further in the playoffs has no relevance to what went on between the two teams on the field. Since the two teams go to the playoffs in different divisions, it would be the same as the Dayton fans saying that WOS wins the battle between the two of you but Dayton wins the war because the Broncos have advanced further in the playoffs than what WOS has.

Friendswood has earned the right to have bragging rights over Dayton because what they have done on the field against the Bronco team. If the two teams were to advance to the playoffs in the same division, then that would be different but the fact would still remain that Friendswood won the game.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't have a dog in this hunt, but I can't help myself from posting on a certain comment that has been made.

The comment about Friendswood winning the battle but losing the war against Dayton makes zero sense. Dayton losing to Friendswood 5 straight times is all that matters when considering the two teams. Saying you went further in the playoffs has no relevance to what went on between the two teams on the field. Since the two teams go to the playoffs in different divisions, it would be the same as the Dayton fans saying that WOS wins the battle between the two of you but Dayton wins the war because the Broncos have advanced further in the playoffs than what WOS has.

Friendswood has earned the right to have bragging rights over Dayton because what they have done on the field against the Bronco team. If the two teams were to advance to the playoffs in the same division, then that would be different but the fact would still remain that Friendswood won the game.

Friendswood reminds me alot of the Aggies. They both usually have a winning season but never win make it too far in the playoffs/bowl games. Lace up them basketball shoes and come see Dayton play on Saturdays in December.. AGAIN!!!

Well said. Oh and purple 4 ever - We would be glad to review football history with you, FW would stack up fine. Having won 62% of our games over the past 3 decades compared to 53% for Dayton. We also do very well in Baseball, basketball, volleyball , soccer, tennis, golf and academic decathlon. Yes we are proud - we work hard and get results. Would be glad to compare results in all these areas. You opened up that door. Ps - we have won the last 7 games vs Dayton - so expect some strutting! As a Canes fan , it is something you get used to with FSU rivalry! See ya next year and good luck this year, we will be rooting for all teams in our region to go far! Canes are back baby, and Mustangs are still here!

Friendswood reminds me alot of the Aggies. They both usually have a winning season but never win make it too far in the playoffs/bowl games. Lace up them basketball shoes and come see Dayton play on Saturdays in December.. AGAIN!!!

Ok - we will come back and compare notes. Would you like to do that after every sport - that would be very interesting. How many football State titles has Dayton won? How many state titles in anything? Just wondering? PS wanna play some basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf , tennis, soccer  or football - we do pretty good at all of them!

Pictures of FW winning state?? Who wants to look at black and white photo's? I bet yall beat some super power like Hooks to win state. Where is Hooks? Now you wanna compare soccer teams? Dayton is undefeated! I didnt know FW goes down to Montrose to play futbol (soccer). I wouldn't admit that. Now, I say again, lace up your basketball shoes and once again come support the Bronco's in December after yall get knocked out again.

Time to move on,Mustangs won again and no ref's to blame.Got beat by the better team that night.To be the best have to beat the best.Both had to fill in vacated spots from graduation and although both will get better as the season goes they do play in differant divisions and should do well in their perspective area.It's funny how we bash one another to later praise the team that plays the longest.High school football;Just can't do without it.I'll drive across Texas to see a great football game,especially to watch blue chip atheletes perform.Best entertainment money can buy.Kill this thread mods.-time to move on.

Ah, you know Fall is just around the corner when.....

5. Dayton fans play the "we would have won if this and but for that" in their annual loss to Friendswood.

4. Dayton fans start saying its actually a good thing they lost to Friendswood again (for at least the 5th straight time!).

3. Dayton fans start talking about how far they'll go in the 4A, Div II playoffs (get that Pop Warner application ready).

2. The obnoxious Dayton posters on this forum shrivel up like a you know what in cold water after the annual beatdown of the Broncos.

1. Dayton loses to Friendswood.

BTW, PurpleHead, next time you are over this way feel free to stop by and look at Friendswood's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP pictures. 

I got this one for you Dayton buds, here we DEFINITELY have the pot calling the kettle black. I went to dictionary.com yesterday to look up the proper definition of obnoxious and I copy and pasted what it says:

ob⋅nox⋅ious  /əbˈnɒkʃəs/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhb-nok-shuhs]

1. to be like FriendswoodFan.

2. highly objectionable or offensive; odious: obnoxious behavior. 

3. annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat. 

4. Archaic. exposed or liable to harm, evil, or anything objectionable.

5. Obsolete. liable to punishment or censure; reprehensible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1575–85; < L obnoxiōsus harmful, equiv. to ob- ob- + noxiōsus noxious ::):o ;D

Well it's been two days now guys, and we still haven't heard anything from notorious chirpers like backflipper, etbu, knightrider, l-train, and even liltex (other than liltex logging on to make excuses us usual).  Of the people who criticized my pre-game prediction, only JAYHAWK has been man enough to come on this forum and offer props to the MIGHTY MUSTANGS.

p.s. Get ready bulldogs, your time is coming soon enough!  ;D   

Im right here padna i havent gone anywhere, i just happen to open this thread again for some reason only to see you still popping your chops about Friendswood, give it a rest buddy your Mustangs won Great Job what else do you want?

Ah, you know Fall is just around the corner when.....

5. Dayton fans play the "we would have won if this and but for that" in their annual loss to Friendswood.

4. Dayton fans start saying its actually a good thing they lost to Friendswood again (for at least the 5th straight time!).

3. Dayton fans start talking about how far they'll go in the 4A, Div II playoffs (get that Pop Warner application ready).

2. The obnoxious Dayton posters on this forum shrivel up like a you know what in cold water after the annual beatdown of the Broncos.

1. Dayton loses to Friendswood.

BTW, PurpleHead, next time you are over this way feel free to stop by and look at Friendswood's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP pictures. 

I got this one for you Dayton buds, here we DEFINITELY have the pot calling the kettle black. I went to dictionary.com yesterday to look up the proper definition of obnoxious and I copy and pasted what it says:

ob⋅nox⋅ious  /əbˈnɒkʃəs/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhb-nok-shuhs]

1. to be like FriendswoodFan.

2. highly objectionable or offensive; odious: obnoxious behavior. 

3. annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat. 

4. Archaic. exposed or liable to harm, evil, or anything objectionable.

5. Obsolete. liable to punishment or censure; reprehensible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1575–85; < L obnoxiōsus harmful, equiv. to ob- ob- + noxiōsus noxious ::):o ;D

Love it - drum roll!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami