Vidor At Kelly Broadcast Thread/Vidor Wins/Comments

Guest JoesBros

This should not count as a win for Vidor. They need to play teams from their own leauge. On the other hand Kelly looked really good against the eventual State Champion. Good job Kelly. If Vidor is as good as Vidor and Dave Campbell says they are Kelly will go all the way.

So if Kelly would have won would it have counted as two wins for them since they played a team out of their league?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should not count as a win for Vidor. They need to play teams from their own leauge. On the other hand Kelly looked really good against the eventual State Champion. Good job Kelly. If Vidor is as good as Vidor and Dave Campbell says they are Kelly will go all the way.

So if Kelly would have won would it have counted as two wins for them since they played a team out of their league?

No it would be one really bad loss for Vidor

State Champion??? ???....slow down, Let's remember Vidor played Kelly(?)...when and if you beat Central or Lumberton, then you can start talking about contending for the State title...

::) Goodness, then HJ. That's going to kill Vidor when they face Da Jags and Lumberton. Da Jags big and fast this year.

No disrespect, as I have stated I like Central, but you guys beat us by 1 point last year. During that game we missed 2 field goals and an extra point or two. We are a better team this year by far and it remains to be seen if you guys are better. I have to say that I have not seen Central play yet. Have you seen the Pirates? Either way it will be a good game. I just have to believe that we will run over you guys with the Wing T as we have all oponents so far! If you come at us with an air attack hopefully we will be raedy. The coach will have a few more weeks to work on the pass defence. Said all that to say this. BRING IT! ;D

Guest kellybulldawg

Why can't our fans show some type of optimism after this game ? Instead of saying that Vidor is not a good team because they only beat us by 21 points how about giving our boys some credit. Look at it this way , our team allowed 415 yards rushing last night and WOS allowed 397 yards rushing last week against the same team. WOS just beat Nederland 42 - 21. Do you think just maybe that Kelly has a good team this year , well I do. I think this is without a doubt the best team that we have had in a long time. This is definitely something that the Kelly team can build on if our fans show that they believe in their team instead of doubting them all the time. As for Vidor goes they will do great this season . I'm just sick of the attitude of our fans and the loss of school spirit. You all know that Vidor could have punched a few more TD's into the endzone but their coach showed class by not doing so. I just wish that our coach would have showed a little also.

I would like to apologize to the Vidor fans as the chanting from our side was completely uncalled for and I hope that it does not leave you with the impression that all of our fans are like that.

Can't compare scrimmages!!!! Coaches don't prepare for scrimmages!!!!! Found that out first hand Friday Night.

Coop explain this for me please? Are you saying that Vidor is not as good as you thought? Or WOS is better than you thought? Help me with this.  ???

Why can't our fans show some type of optimism after this game ? Instead of saying that Vidor is not a good team because they only beat us by 21 points how about giving our boys some credit. Look at it this way , our team allowed 415 yards rushing last night and WOS allowed 397 yards rushing last week against the same team. WOS just beat Nederland 42 - 21. Do you think just maybe that Kelly has a good team this year , well I do. I think this is without a doubt the best team that we have had in a long time. This is definitely something that the Kelly team can build on if our fans show that they believe in their team instead of doubting them all the time. As for Vidor goes they will do great this season . I'm just sick of the attitude of our fans and the loss of school spirit. You all know that Vidor could have punched a few more TD's into the endzone but their coach showed class by not doing so. I just wish that our coach would have showed a little also.

I would like to apologize to the Vidor fans as the chanting from our side was completely uncalled for and I hope that it does not leave you with the impression that all of our fans are like that.

I agree with you here. Kelly is a better team than everyone expected. I saw alot of reasons for you guys to look forward to season!

Can't compare scrimmages!!!! Coaches don't prepare for scrimmages!!!!! Found that out first hand Friday Night.

Coop explain this for me please? Are you saying that Vidor is not as good as you thought? Or WOS is better than you thought? Help me with this.  ???

From what I've seen in some of Coop's earlier posts, when WO-S loses a scrimmage then it no longer matters ... so much for building of the team, technique, offensive playcalling, defensive playcalling, tweaking of routes, etc...

I think scrimmages are important for ALL of this. What do you think, Pirate For Life?

NO scrimmage matters. Any coach will tell you.

It matters to the team. If they played no role, why play them at all? Just practice your offense against your own defense.

And it may not have mattered to Hooks and company beforehand ... but if they didn't take some things away from that scrimmage to work on, well, I'll give you a million dollars that I don't have.

But by the way, it does matter to the kids. It is a confidence builder before season play.

SgtRey is so cool everyone he keeps calling me a woman. Let me tell ya its just really getting under my skin.

Maybe you should go take a reading comprehension class at "The Brook" because I didn't mention anything about the score. You looked like a fool for your comments and your just totally trying to ignore them. Well everyone who was there was impressed with the play with Eddins.

Yeah let me tell you Kelly tried to buy the refs...If that was the case we wouldnt have had nearly as many dumb penalties as we did.

But go ahead keeping say she and all your oh so cool stuff. Try and put some points on the board tonight against Ozen its been awhile since "The Brook" has scored.

They never once practiced for Vidor's Offense, not once! If would have been a game then they would have, that's all i'm saying.

I get that. But we didn't prepare for their offense or defense either. That still speaks volumes to our boys that they are progressing.

Also, not one of those WO-S kids went home on that bus saying "Aw, it's just a scrimmage. I don't have anything to worry about. I was good enough." Not if they want to put on that silver helmet they didn't.

Not trying to get in a war of words here with you, so this will be my last say: Maybe to the coaches it is nothing. But anytime any of these kids take the field, it means everything. That is why I think you can compare scrimmages ... from the teams' perspectives.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami