SCRIMMAGE!!! PNG vs PA Memorial tonight. Thoughts?/21-17 PN-G!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the fielded fumblezd punt  that was returned for a TD didn't count?  If so, it's 28-17.  Only playing 3 qtrs.

Depends on how they set up the scrimmage. Are they doing any kicking?

Yes, they were kicking, but no big contact on the kick returner.  He was esentially down where he fielded the ball.  In this case, he fumbled the punt, and PNG scooped it up and ran it in.  It appeared to be a score to me.  No scores on the scoreboard.

Yes, they were kicking, but no big contact on the kick returner.  He was esentially down where he fielded the ball.  In this case, he fumbled the punt, and PNG scooped it up and ran it in.  It appeared to be a score to me.  No scores on the scoreboard.

You can't advance a fumbled punt.

not ready to crown png with the district championship. doty has a rifle arm and with segura and deron they will win some games. pam is hard to figure, they actually looked slower than png.they should can the pass and just give it to #24 and use the 2nd string qb more because he can play.

png is solid, they need to improve the pass blocking , i don't know how many hits doty can take.

not ready to crown png with the district championship. doty has a rifle arm and with segura and deron they will win some games. pam is hard to figure, they actually looked slower than png.they should can the pass and just give it to #24 and use the 2nd string qb more because he can play.

png is solid, they need to improve the pass blocking , i don't know how many hits doty can take.

they are who we thought they were  :D

well I am impressed with tonights play I think Doty is going to be a great QB over the next 2 seasons. He has a strong accurate arm. there offense is going to be really good. the defense was overmatched by larger lineman who pushed them around all nite. The defense did ok for what they were up against. when we star running some stunts and more blitzes. and get away from that generic sorta prevent defense as so to hide what they really want to do.  All in all il give the Indians an a- on offense  and a c on defense  with the capability to improve.     PAM could also have a bright future if they keep working hard

Regarding the Freshmen. The Freshmen A team were moving the ball very well. Then the scrimmage was post poned. When they resumed, the A team played maybe 8 downs and moved the ball and got down to the end zone and it was called back. PAM has a huge Freshmen team !  PAM scored all their TD's with their 1st string in and PNG's 2nd string team in. So I wouldn't go as far as saying that PNG's freshmen team is terrible. They hung right in there with PAM starters. The coaches rotated the A team and the B team in alot, But seemed to run the B team more than the A team. PNG'S JV Starters did very well against PAM. JV Defense was laying down some hard hits. I would say that overall both the Freshmen and JV played extremely conservative. They seemed to run about 8 plays in a rotation. Varsity offense will be just fine. I think they ran about 10 common plays during the whole scrimmage and moved the ball very well. The Varsity D needs some work, but they really didnt run any stunts or alot of blitz's. I think Faircloth is going cloak and dagger for everyone and so as not to expose his hand !  Tonight was more like a friday night game. About 5,000 fans there with the band playing cherokee and the cheerleaders cheering etc...  Was great and can't wait till next friday when Barbers Hill comes to the REZ !!!  Lots of scouting coaches moving around the stadium tonight as well. Barbers Hill, Nederland, and a few others. Good Scrimmage and a great time even with the delays !!!

The GOAT was impressed with the Indians as well, I just think we MHS will control our own destiny if we spread opposing  defenses out and RUN  the ball with #1 (King) and the #2 QB (Haynes) the more complete QB 91mph (fast ball). Then we throw after we run.

I agree. MHS #18 was the better threat of their two QB's. Of course we only saw him against the 2nd team, but he was elusive.

Hated to see the kid carted off the field for the Titans in a scrimmage. Hope he recovers well.

The GOAT was impressed with the Indians as well, I just think we MHS will control our own destiny if we spread opposing  defenses out and RUN  the ball with #1 (King) and the #2 QB (Haynes) the more complete QB 91mph (fast ball). Then we throw after we run.

I agree. MHS #18 was the better threat of their two QB's. Of course we only saw him against the 2nd team, but he was elusive.

Hated to see the kid carted off the field for the Titans in a scrimmage. Hope he recovers well.

Heard his leg was broken. I hate to see that happen to anyone. I hope he recovers quickly. Prayers goin out for him.

Heard his leg was broken. I hate to see that happen to anyone. I hope he recovers quickly. Prayers goin out for him.

Dang it. I hate to hear that.

All I have to say is IMPRESSIVE.  It was obvious PAM had much more depth, they have twice the student body so they should.  PNG's second team couldn't hang with them.  Yes PNG won 21 -17, more importantly they dominated the 1st Quarter of the simulated game ( 14 - 0 ).  The first quarter was 1st team vs. 1st team, 2nd quarter and beyond they started mixing it up.  

All I have to say is IMPRESSIVE.  It was obvious PAM had much more depth, they have twice the student body so they should.  PNG's second team couldn't hang with them.  Yes PNG won 21 -17, more importantly they dominated the 1st Quarter of the simulated game ( 14 - 0 ).  The first quarter was 1st team vs. 1st team, 2nd quarter and beyond they started mixing it up.  

The GOAT thinks this is fair. Hope the jags are ready!!!

Its my understanding that Memorial won the controlled part of the scrimmage 14-0.  When I got there, fans said no one scored.  I witnessed 2 Memorial TD's.  Since this is the case, isn't it safe to sau that the Titans won?  ( I know, I know, its a scrimmage.  I just want to see what both sides say)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn