Texas High School Football Preseason Top 40

Guest scottpellegrin93

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't know about all the superstars....Just like they don't know bout Da' Brooks superstars....guess they'll be adjusting those polls after the first few weeks....I know we'll move up at Da' Brook....Central....ya'll only have one place to go :-X :-X :-X ;D

They don't know about all the superstars....Just like they don't know bout Da' Brooks superstars....guess they'll be adjusting those polls after the first few weeks....I know we'll move up at Da' Brook....Central....ya'll only have one place to go :-X :-X :-X ;D

All I know is that Brook is in trouble.  I hope they don't get exploited too much for the Katy game... ;) ;)

Even as a PN-G fan, I feel that I must admit that this is wrong. I mean seriously, 29th in the state? It just doesn't seem right. This is a bit outrageous. It doesn't really seem fair. I agree with raideroldtimer - they were smoking something wacky.

I mean, you'd have to be smoking something wacky not to give us #1.

This is the hidden content, please

;D

Even as a PN-G fan, I feel that I must admit that this is wrong. I mean seriously, 29th in the state? It just doesn't seem right. This is a bit outrageous. It doesn't really seem fair. I agree with raideroldtimer - they were smoking something wacky.

;D

Surely you were joking on the last part???

Didn't we go through all this on other threads?  >:(

Last year was last year. This is this year. Yes, Rusk went 3-6 last year... Did you even think to examine the teams they are playing and what they back this year? My short assumption is probably not. Have you even given thought to the QB success of Lake Travis? Probably not. After Todd Reesing left (now at Kansas), people started to write Lake Travis off.. some of you are making the same mistake with Michael Brewer  replacing Garrett Gilbert and they most of their player back again this year.

Why people bring up last year's results as a way to grade rankings and predictions is beyond me .. last year was last year.. this is this year. Look beyond the win-loss column for a change and look at the team as a whole!  >:(

So explain PNG being on it?

After reading some of the comments and hate on this thread, you don't deserve an explanation.

Great job again on the rankings!  But you of all people know that these are like the NCAA selections.  No matter how thought out they are, someone is going to gripe!

;D

Surely you were joking on the last part???

Surely you aren't serious....

I'm pretty sure he just did by using Rusk and Lake Travis as examples. What he's saying is that a major change has taken place and PN-G has done nothing to show that it's not catching on quickly or that the change wasn't a good thing. PN-G has a decorated coaching staff, a proven program, overwhelming community support, and plenty of talent coming up the ranks. I'll admit that, at least at this point, it's a little farfetched to say PN-G is going to take the district title and that it's worthy of the 29th position among Texas' top 4-A programs, but it is certainly not outrageous to make the claim that PN-G will be a threat this year and that great things lie in store for the Indians. While I don't completely agree with TexasHSFootball's district/state lineup, I agree with him in the sense that teams shouldn't just be disregarded because they have new coaches or a change has taken place, that last year's record was out of character for PN-G and is certainly not a standard to judge by for this year, and that PN-G is definitely not a foe to be taken lightly this year.

After reading some of the comments and hate on this thread, you don't deserve an explanation.

Great job again on the rankings!  But you of all people know that these are like the NCAA selections.  No matter how thought out they are, someone is going to gripe!

Appreciate it.. I do agree with you! Some people have no clue the amount of research, analyzing, reanalyzing and discussions it takes with different people and coaches to put this stuff together. I have spent several months on this material and to get disrespected for the results of how I put it together is an absolute insult. Cry and whine when they don't see their team in a certain spot. In the end, rankings mean nothing but I spend several months on it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami