BH Vs. Cleveland Saturday!!!!!Indians Win

BHFAN

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait on that shake. BH is about as bad as I can recall seeing.  Neither QB was worth watching and the O-line is about as small as we have had.  Of course our wonderful coaching still sucks, no changes there.  Gonna be a long season.  Heck, even the water boys/girls stunk it up. Now thats my optomistic view.....

They will wear out, at the end

Cleveland is loaded this year.  And remember, BH is one of the smaller 4A schools in the state.

Cleveland IS loaded...they should dominate their district this year.  Lots of pieces to figure out for the Hill, Cleveland looked better prepared, but they returned a lot, so not surprising.  Did not see any standout play for BH in this one.  Historically (at least in the last few years) it takes BH a while to get it together.......we'll see.

The old “BH is one of the smaller 4A schools in the state†thing is old.  They can’t use that excuse any more.  They definitely need a coaching change, running the same play over and over is not working.  They need to push these boys harder.  I remember when we first moved here, their last year in 3A, practices looked tough, now not so tough.  The offensive line doesn’t seem to hit as hard as they should, almost like they are afraid of getting hurt.  I’m not a huge football fan and I could be wrong, but that just my opinion.

Guest falcons93

Can't wait on that shake. BH is about as bad as I can recall seeing.  Neither QB was worth watching and the O-line is about as small as we have had.  Of course our wonderful coaching still sucks, no changes there.  Gonna be a long season.  Heck, even the water boys/girls stunk it up. Now thats my optimistic view.....

that coaching staff is stale and old. they need to get some young energy in there and bring back the ways of winning.

Guest falcons93

The old “BH is one of the smaller 4A schools in the state†thing is old.  They can’t use that excuse any more.  They definitely need a coaching change, running the same play over and over is not working.  They need to push these boys harder.  I remember when we first moved here, their last year in 3A, practices looked tough, now not so tough.  The offensive line doesn’t seem to hit as hard as they should, almost like they are afraid of getting hurt.  I’m not a huge football fan and I could be wrong, but that just my opinion.

who cares bc price got fat on a weak 3-a district and now that he is playing with the big boys truth comes out. HORRIBLE

BH89-2 you kill me - really. What do you do for a living flip burgers? pick up trash? I'm sure your Tifi football team and your coaching is the best in the world. Why don't you put on a coaching clinic so the coaches learn what not to do? Better yet go get a teaching degree so you can start coaching, but you probably can't do that because your to stupid to get into college. I would like to know who you really are? But your probably to much of a coward to come out and quit hiding behind the screen you type on. Well I tell you and everyone else on this forum who I am because I'm not scared. My name is Raul Yzquierdo (Coach Yzquierdo), for the past 7 years I was at the "The Hill" and loved every minute of it, but I got a opportunity in the spring that I couldn't pass it up....Enough of that, really I would like to know who you are? I have brothers/cousins and friends that go way back. I'm sure you weren't ever in athletics or even played football. You probably weren't good enough to be a PE stud. You get on here and criticize everyone from the coaches to the managers (water boys/girls). Get a life, or does just revolve around Barbers Hill Football (sad)?......... I'm sure, I know that the coaches were looking for certain things going into this scrimmage, players that can play on Friday nights. But your to stupid to see that (that includes TNT_mom). I got one thing to tell you (TNT_mom), why don't you and your family move back were you came from (your in need of a community change). Nobody invited you here anyways. I promise nobody is going to miss you all. I tell you for a fact right now, and anybody is welcome to challenge me on this, the coaching is not the problem. I promise you all will hear more from me.

Later

BH89-2 you kill me - really. What do you do for a living flip burgers? pick up trash? I'm sure your Tifi football team and your coaching is the best in the world. Why don't you put on a coaching clinic so the coaches learn what not to do? Better yet go get a teaching degree so you can start coaching, but you probably can't do that because your to stupid to get into college. I would like to know who you really are? But your probably to much of a coward to come out and quit hiding behind the screen you type on. Well I tell you and everyone else on this forum who I am because I'm not scared. My name is Raul Yzquierdo (Coach Yzquierdo), for the past 7 years I was at the "The Hill" and loved every minute of it, but I got a opportunity in the spring that I couldn't pass it up....Enough of that, really I would like to know who you are? I have brothers/cousins and friends that go way back. I'm sure you weren't ever in athletics or even played football. You probably weren't good enough to be a PE stud. You get on here and criticize everyone from the coaches to the managers (water boys/girls). Get a life, or does just revolve around Barbers Hill Football (sad)?......... I'm sure, I know that the coaches were looking for certain things going into this scrimmage, players that can play on Friday nights. But your to stupid to see that (that includes TNT_mom). I got one thing to tell you (TNT_mom), why don't you and your family move back were you came from (your in need of a community change). Nobody invited you here anyways. I promise nobody is going to miss you all. I tell you for a fact right now, and anybody is welcome to challenge me on this, the coaching is not the problem. I promise you all will hear more from me.

Later

Okay, Eagle Eyes. That went a bit too far!  Let's tone it down a bit!

BH will be just fine this year. They scrimmaged a very good Cleveland team that is highly ranked. A scrimmage isn't  a game. Its to evaluate talent, defensive alignments, and look at various things on offense. You looking at "lot" of kids, new kids.. C'mon cut the kids and coaches some slack. ONE SCRIMMAGE and the naysayers are out...It easy to be an armchair QB and coach.....I know this group of kids will bust their butts....Talk to me at years end...

I was just stating my opinion about the current coaching staff, not all but some.  By the way apparently I’m not the only one who shares that opinion, but was one of the few that was singled out.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Coach Yzquierdo .  I had actually heard lots of good things about you, I was told you were one of the few coaches that actually pushed the kids & made them want to win and the kids were sad to see you go.  But I guess I heard wrong since you took my opinion personally and just threw a hissy fit like a little girl. 

You are right FOOTBALLFEVER99 it was just a scrimmage but I was just going by what I’ve seen in the past few seasons.  Good luck to this year’s group of kids and COACHES, make it a good one. 

Ok here are my thoughts for the scrimmage. Both QB's looked rusty and I don't recall a crisp pass from either. I was hoping that Bradford in the backfield would be a little more agressive on Offense. I'm hoping that the playcalling will get much more dynamic as the season begins. The plays that are run at BH are spent any Defense within 100 miles of BH should know how to stop the Eagles! Now knowing that this is a scrimmage BH is looking to try things out and finialize starting positions for the year. Also Knowing I say that every year and the season becomes the scrimmage.Hmmmmmmmmm Good notes! The defensive wasn't  bad at all knowing that Cleveland returned the house they didn't do to shabby containing the Indians! Also Who is the Soph. QB!! I got there a little early and watch the Soph. they looked really good against the Cleveland JV and the QB for BH had some wheels along with a pretty good arm. In closing although i have watched our playcalling year after year with little or no improvement. I hope this is the year that the gloves come off! Conservative play calling will get BH another year sitting home, Come on take some chances and beleive in these kids!

I love the Eagles and want them to do well, with that said, the scrimmage looked pretty rough to me.  I know we don't show much in a scrimmage so they always look rough to me.  I'm not saying this to hurt any of our kids feelings but we are no where near as talented as the Cleveland team...it's just the facts of life.  I still think we will be better than we were last year though...just got a few rough edges to smooth out.

One thing that hurt us last year and looks like it may be a problem again is, running backs.  We have not had a dominate running back since Thurman graduated.  We have a guy ( and I hope he reads this) that should be running over anyone in his way, but he just tip toe's through the line.  If Bradford will ever realize how awesome he could be, then our team would look much different.  I guarantee you he could pick up 5 or 6 yards a carry if he would just hit the hole at full speed.  

Barbers Hill looked better this year than last years scrimmage at Cleveland. The Defense did a better job on runs to the outside corners, no long runs down the side lines. Clevelands Offensive runs looked good and will be problems for whoever they play,lot of talent in the backfield.Cleveland Quarterback looked good running and passing. Barbers Hill Quarterbacks needs more games under their belt. One of the Quarterbacks looked good in the backfield throwing the ball but needs to follow Thur with his arm to get passes down.

BH Fan - I have read some of your post too - the play calling is fine. That is not the problem. The problem is the lack of excution. If we block who we are supposed to block we should average 5-6 yards on a run and complete our passes if the recievers run the correct routes and catch the ball. You call it conservative? I don't see that, help me out.

For the running back position, that has been a concern. But I think Bradford is going to turn it on this year. He's only a junior this year, last year he gained a lot experience playing on Friday nights. BH 34 we have had some good backs since Blake, how about the Pattons and Andrew Little? That is in the past now, so we can't worry about that. Let's go Kade!

For TNTmom - no hissy fit was thrown. I was stating my opinion as you were stating yours. You get on here and talk about a coaching change. Realize that you are talking about people careers and people working with 15 to 18 year old kids.

With all that being said, Good Luck Eagles! Keep working hard! Don't listen to all the negative post on here.

You know guys Snoooopdog has been around the hill for a long time also. I had a chance to witness the scrimmage and some good points were hit on this post. To small on the defensive line,QB inexperience,and a running back that has all the tools needed to be a very good back just needs a little heart and a predictable offense that is boring. It has been said that this offense has proved itself in the past, maybe so but it's not getting it anymore. Coaching is about making the best changes to fit the type of athletes you have and if it means having guys go both ways then so be it because remember we are a small 4A

Its so easy to sit back and criticize. I learned years ago when my kids were younger, whether its optimist club football or LL baseball, generally the people or parents that criticized the most were the ones that did the least, never stepped up to the plate and did their part, just complained. Everbody on this site has right to express their opinions, but just remember the 38 kids that make up this football team have made the sacrifices for years to perform at their best. They hit the weight rooms, practiced during heat that has been 100 degrees plus on most days. Their 16 -18 years old ,their somebodies son, grandsons, brothers or friends. They made the choice to stick out and represent their school and town when many gave it up years ago. I don't care if their on the football team, drill team or in the band, they have all worked hard and and sacrificed so you could see it all for about $5.00. Just Remember whenthat pass falls short this year or a boy  Misses a tackle or block it won't be because he didn't care it will be because he's a 16 to 18 year old young man and he sometimes he may fall short, But I can assure you, nobody will feel worse than he will. So encourage these young men , give them a word of encouragement and enjoy the best entertainment that $5.00 can buy.These guys aren't a bunch of pro players that still whine when they make 5 and 10 million bucks a year, their your neighbors kids that are still learning and growing up. If you want to whine go pay a $100 bucks to see the Texans and $20.00 bucks to park your car and 10 bucks for you beer.I'll stay right here and support these kids and the coaches...By the way do you have any idea of the hours those guys put in.. Probably not.

If you go back and look at some of the scores Cleveland put up last year in the games they played with the almost all of the same kids that are playing this year and they only scored twice on BH, then the defense must be doing something right. That being said it cant all be bad for the Hill, good luck and keep working hard.  ;)

The Defense did do a good job if I didn't say that earlier and 99 I don't think anyone doubts the heart and effort that these players give to the game. Eagle Eyes if you coached on this team for the past 7 years and do not realize that our play calling is predictable and conservative then there is no way I could possibly make you see the light. This is our problem as the rest of the coaches are reading the post and going "HUH our play calling is excellent the scheme is great and our adjustments are impeccable, If the kids would just do this, this and this then we would be state champs every year". All that I know is that we cannot continue to blame the outcome of our games on just the talent! You cannot tell me that we have not had talent at BH in the past 9 years. We have been to round three one time in Prices time here in 99'! Is that the best we can do here at the HILL? I don't think so. It's time for a 4A coaching staff at BH or the current one needs to come up with some new ideas to make BH better!

I'm sure all of the coaches at BH are good men and no doubt they are working their butts off and work  long hours to achieve success. Coaching was their carear choice and flipping burgers was mine! I make great burgers and work long hours mastering the burger flip and have no complaints from my boss or customer(Fries are next! I'm pumped),so what is BH's problem ???

This is my last comment on the subject so fire away! I hope BH comes together and has a successful 09' season Good luck to the coaches, players and all that are involved to entertain us burger flipping stand coaches that don't know anything ;D

For most of us we will just have to agree to disagree. It's still early a lot can happen Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83