*POST YOUR 1ST/2ND WEEK PRACTICE COMMENTS HERE*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xl

First-year Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears’ coach Randy Crouch was directing traffic Monday as the 2009 football season started with two-a-days. The Bears along with rest of the teams in Southeast Texas are preparing for what should be another exciting season. See more photographs from Monday’s practices on Page 1B.  Gabriel Pruett/The Orange Leader

This is the hidden content, please

Orangefield’s Derrick Evans, top right, worked on field goals, one of the many important aspects in the game.

Gabriel Pruett / The Orange Leader

This is the hidden content, please

New Orangefield coach Brian Huckabay, above, was enjoying his Bobcats’ first practice.

Gabriel Pruett / The Orange Leader

These threads always crack me up... Does anyone ever NOT think that their team is bigger, faster, in better shape and set to make a run at the district or states title OR going to "surprise some people"? It's funny, but it's fun. It's always fun to anticipate and hope that this will be the year no matter what your aspirations are.

Anyway, I went out and watched WOS for a little while yesterday after I left the gym. The things that stood out the most to me was that we do appear to have more size and the sheer numbers in the program are up compared to normal. That's really all I saw that isn't status quo. I think the kids come in in fairly good shape most years because they know what's coming, so that is no surprise. Other than that, you really don't know anything from a practice in shorts and helmets. Here's to hoping... ;D

You doing any scrimmage updates (broadcast) just as a test run?

I doubt it. After doing about 70 broadcasts for this site, I think I have it down. ;) ;D

If Silsbee's scrimmage against LCM on the 21st was in Silsbee and it was a game type scrimmage, I might consider it. But it's in LCM and last year they only played about a quarter and a half of live game.

I got my first look at my Tigers today. I was impressed. I could make several comments here but I will just sum it up in saying this is the fastest Silsbee team I have seen in quite some time. This is by far the fastest defense that the Tigers have fielded in many years. They remind me of those WOS defenses that swarm to the ball and gang tackle.

This should be a very fun year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83