What if there was only one High School Football Team in Beaumont?

What if there was only one High School Football Team in Beaumont?

How would we match up with schools across the State that are D1 5A programs?

How would you staff the team?

Who would be your starters?

What would be your desired schedule?

I am out of questions........

Before Ozen, Beaumont eventually combined 6 high schools into 2. Beaumont High and Charlton Pollard became BCP, Forest Park, Hebert, and South Park became Westbrook. French High finally merged with BCP and became Central. Forming one "Super School" is not always a recipe for winning. Beaumont schools didn't fare well until Westbrook won state in '82, I think. Look at Memorial. One would think they would be very strong, but they are struggling. One thing always stand out, you need a great coach.....period.

BMTsoulja could probably elaborate on Beaumont schools better than me.

Before Ozen, Beaumont eventually combined 6 high schools into 2. Beaumont High and Charlton Pollard became BCP, Forest Park, Hebert, and South Park became Westbrook. French High finally merged with BCP and became Central. Forming one "Super School" is not always a recipe for winning. Beaumont schools didn't fare well until Westbrook won state in '82, I think. Look at Memorial. One would think they would be very strong, but they are struggling. One thing always stand out, you need a great coach.....period.

You might want to check the history books. Hebert was a powerhouse! And French tied Permian for the state title in 84 before they merged?

Last year.  James White and Christine Michael swaps at RB.  Beasts!  We had a great pocket QB in  Christian Lewis.  He wouldnt' have to be a running QB.  Lopez from Brook and O'Neal from Central on the special teams...  A home run threat every time.  LB's.  Taylor Reed from Brook, Justin Isadore from Ozen, and Jacoby Hale from Central.  Unstopable LB's.  Charlie Thomas, and the Thomas boys as the CB's and Safety. 

Stowers is DC, and Stump as the HC.  Man, State or bust.  That's All I have to say!

You might want to check the history books. Hebert was a powerhouse! And French tied Permian for the state title in 84 before they merged?

I know about Hebert and French. I was talking about after they merged...which is what this thread is about....merging and making one super school. Except for Westbrook's win in '82, Bmt. schools haven't done that well going from 6 schools to 2. It was supposed to produce "super" schools, and it didn't IMO. Neither did PA.

The racial politics in Beaumont ISD would squander any chance for success.

Race would be a huge factor in every player playing and every coach that would be hired.

Talent wise it would be a cream of the crop school, but the politics of hiring, staffing, and selecting the teams would damage any chance of success.

Race would be a huge factor in every player playing and every coach that would be hired.

Talent wise it would be a cream of the crop school, but the politics of hiring, staffing, and selecting the teams would damage any chance of success.

Point well taken :)

The sheer number of players would be a huge problem.  Think of all the kids who would never get to play.  There are only 11 spots on the field at one time.  If you have 90 kids on the roster, too many of them (even some who may be good enough to play college ball) would not get enough time on the field to enjoy the high school football experience and develop their skills. 

Look at PA Memorial?  I think they should break off into four 4A schools. That would be the best thing for Beaumont schools.

honestly what they need to do is move PAM to the new site and still keep the current location open to name another HS. 2 4A teams or 1 4A and 1 3A. only saying this if they were to break up the school but that aint happenning, too much money has been spent.  ;)

Last year.  James White and Christine Michael swaps at RB.  Beasts!  We had a great pocket QB in  Christian Lewis.  He wouldnt' have to be a running QB.  Lopez from Brook and O'Neal from Central on the special teams...  A home run threat every time.  LB's.  Taylor Reed from Brook, Justin Isadore from Ozen, and Jacoby Hale from Central.  Unstopable LB's.  Charlie Thomas, and the Thomas boys as the CB's and Safety. 

Stowers is DC, and Stump as the HC.  Man, State or bust.  That's All I have to say!

That pretty much sums it up......KUDOS!

That pretty much sums it up......KUDOS!

;D ;D

Unfortunately, this is also a sad but true fact

I really don't know much about racial politics(everybody hates mexicans)....I believe if there is some racial politics,  I believe the racial politics run both ways, white vs black and black vs white....we mexicans are racist against LAZY people, it doesn't  matter the color, religion, or side of town your from.

I think Westbrook last year would have:

QB: C. Louis

RB: C.Mike, J White

WR: W. Jefferson, R. Grant, D. Lopez, J.Garrett

OL: would be a mix

DL: would be a mix

LB's: T.Reed, Ozen's MLB, Central MLB(can't remember there names)

DB's: Central's DB's maybe one from Ozen

HCoach/OC Stump, AC Louis, DC Saliah,

Then Beaumont would have to make me coach....I'll put the politics where they belong and flush!!!  The best man plays...

I had some parents approach me on two occasions...In two seperate yrs I coached a Baseball team with assistants.  In both instances, I benched the assistants kid...I was told by both parents, "I'm an assistant, my son should atleast be playing", well there kids weren't good enough....This past year our team went to state in the Sr division.  I sat both of my assistants sons, because they thought they automatically played and sat my own son to demonstrate "you have to earn everything, don't expect anything"(he was in a slump)

Why do you think this would go on?  How do you know who the best players are?  How do you assume the WB players would automatically beat out the Central and Ozen players for positions?  You never know how the kids would react or how much they want it.  The coaches may know something that we don't know.  For example, Christine Michael may have gotten beat out for the starting RB spot from a player from another school and you would say it's 'politics'.  This would be a neverending story.

As I said before, if this happens, 'STATE OR BUST', point blank.  Way too much talent at these schools not too.

Worked in both school districts. They have basically the same issues. It would never be a lack of talent, it would always be getting those kids to play together. Then you would have to to with the school issues that go on. Not to say that it couldn't work....just in my experience it didn't.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83