Progress on the athletic complex

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola

Webcam photo from July 9th:

3704102249_4367d127b4.jpg

Webcam photo from today:

3765804659_903406c4c0.jpg

Has the rain slowed them down?  I don't see any turf going down either.

from a former construction worker the rain had prob slowed them down two to three days but making a foundation is the slowest part of building any structure.  After they get the foundation down the skeleton of the building should go up fairly quick.  As far as the turf goes the dirt prob has to dry out a little before the lay down the turf.

I drove by one day last week and got out and walked around the stadium...........here is what I noticed.

--All stands gone.

--Old complex gone.

--Tearing up old parking lot on south endzone.

--Working on grounds that run parallel to the sideline directly in front of stands.

--Ratio of 6-1 for guys standing around to guys working.

Guest coachacola

The construction blog hasn't been updated in a month, the webcam has been down for a few days now, and no new pictures in the photo gallery in a month.  No new artist renderings of the finished stadium or any info on season tickets.  I guess keeping getting people excited about the return of football isn't a priority for the Lamar athletic department.  ???

Guest coachacola

I emailed the athletic department and asked them about the web cam and other things related to the stadium and athletic complex and here's what they said:

1.  They are working with an architectural firm to provide renderings of the new facility.  As soon as they are done they will be made available to the public.  They only recently finalized the plans.

2.  Construction caused a power outage to the webcam a few days ago and they are working on getting it back online.

3.  They will try to update the construction blog in a more timely manner.

I appreciate the athletic department responding quickly to my email.  I don't have any inside info, but I have a feeling the new renderings of the stadium and athletic complex will blow people away.

The construction blog hasn't been updated in a month, the webcam has been down for a few days now, and no new pictures in the photo gallery in a month.  No new artist renderings of the finished stadium or any info on season tickets.  I guess keeping getting people excited about the return of football isn't a priority for the Lamar athletic department.   ???

hows the demand for season tickets concerning lamar going? its pretty much one of the first things asked when UTSA Football is brought up...the city is pretty darn excited right now...i just hope i can score some lower level seats between the 20 yard line and the 80 yard line...somewhere along there and i'd be happy

You guys be nice. He is just excited.  But i would bet that you would need

some binoculars in order to see anything well enough from the 80 yard line.

Hang in there.

Just glad I have an alumni in the family so that when season tickets go on sale

I might have first shot at some descent seats.

Here's hoping.....

• 2 weeks later...

i think the weather is playing a big part in the construction process.  just about every afternoon its rainin.  i just came from lamar and there were men working out there but it was raining and lightning.  i tell u that new complex is going to take up half of the football parking lot, lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed

• lol, do what you gotta do, sure glad no nonsense occurs on the sports side. smh
    • Talk about Chicken Little. Do I need to rename the forum again? This forum is becoming a joke and an embarrassment to the site.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central - Game times and  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  subject to change The following four Super Regionals will be played Friday June 7th, Saturday June 8th & *Sunday June 9th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games.  Knoxville Super Regional (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 2:00 PM Evansville vs Tennessee (ESPN2) 10:00AM Tennessee vs Evansville (ESPN2) 5:00 PM Tennessee vs. Evansville* (ESPNU) Tallahassee Super Regional (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St. (ESPN) 10:00 AM Florida St. vs Connecticut (ESPN) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St.* (ESPN2) Chapel Hill Super Regional (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina (ESPN2) 7:00 PM North Carolina vs West Virginia (ESPN2) 2:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina* (ESPN2) Charlottesville Super Regional (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 6:00 PM K-State vs Virginia (ESPNU) 2:00 PM Virginia vs K-State (ESPNU) 2:00 PM K-State vs Virginia* (ESPNU) The following four Super Regionals will be played Saturday June 8th, Sunday June 9th & *Monday June 10th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games. Lexington Super Regional (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM Oregon St. vs Kentucky (ESPNU) 8:00 PM Kentucky vs Oregon St. (ESPNU) TBA Oregon St. vs Kentucky* (TBA) Athens Super Regional (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM North Carolina St. vs Georgia (ESPNU) 11:00 AM Georgia vs North Carolina St. (ESPNU) TBA North Carolina St. vs Georgia* (TBA) College Station Regional (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (ESPN2) 6:30 PM Fightin' Texas Aggies vs Oregon (ESPN2) TBA Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (TBA) Clemson Regional (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Florida vs Clemson (ESPN) 1:30 PM Clemson vs Florida (ESPN) TBA Florida vs Clemson* (TBA)
    • We had the same type of rules when Coach Stone was at PNG. 
    • I’m curious to see if this will happen next season . 
  • Topics