Thank You and Goodbye

I just wanted to tell all of you soccer fans in Southeast Texas thank you and goodbye.  I have accepted the head soccer position at San Antonio Churchill High School.  I don't know if all of you know about the tradition at Churchill, but they have three state titles in the past 11 years along with a few other Regional Titles.

I really wish this opportunity would have come around a couple of years in the future as I believe the Nederland Soccer Program is LOADED for the next few years, but I couldn't take that chance.

As many of you also know, I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of the bond election this past spring. North East ISD is already one of the top school districts in the entire state, but they are currently rebuilding several of the facilities within the district.  "Good enough is good enough" is not their motto, so I am comforted for the future of my own kids.

Once again, I appreciate all of the people and players who I've battled alongside or against.  I'll always keep up with you guys. 

Go Dogs!!!

Guest tigersvoice

I just wanted to tell all of you soccer fans in Southeast Texas thank you and goodbye.  I have accepted the head soccer position at San Antonio Churchill High School.  I don't know if all of you know about the tradition at Churchill, but they have three state titles in the past 11 years along with a few other Regional Titles.

I really wish this opportunity would have come around a couple of years in the future as I believe the Nederland Soccer Program is LOADED for the next few years, but I couldn't take that chance.

As many of you also know, I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of the bond election this past spring. North East ISD is already one of the top school districts in the entire state, but they are currently rebuilding several of the facilities within the district.  "Good enough is good enough" is not their motto, so I am comforted for the future of my own kids.

Once again, I appreciate all of the people and players who I've battled alongside or against.  I'll always keep up with you guys. 

Go Dogs!!!

You, Sir, are a CLASS ACT.  I wish you and your family the best of everything in San Antonio.

1.  How many times have I called and wanted an opinion, advice, or just to talk about the game?

2.  How many times have you (Rob) and I faced off on the pitch?

3.  How many times have I wondered would this be the day that I finally beat Rob and his Dogs?

And this is where I start erasing my post because it starts to sounds bitter...

But the truth of the matter is I'm not

Right or wrong, multiple coaches and teams looked at Nederland as a gauge on how their team was doing or going to do.  Everyone wanted to beat Nederland, everyone loved to hate Nederland, and I know for a fact that almost everyone has been jealous of Nederland in some form or fashion.  And for me, Rob Bledsoe and Nederland soccer are so intertwined that I can not separate the two…

Rob has been one of the most consistent figures in the setx high school soccer scene and always tried to improve the game on all fronts.  And because of this, the game and all who are associated with the game will miss him (whether they want to admit or not). 

So three cheers to you Rob on a great run at Nederland High School…those are some mighty big shoes to fill. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder