New Gyms

New facilities are always needed but what about the memories the old gym holds? When we moved into the new one it seemed like we were abandoning the sacred place but theres no way we could go back. (seating,parking etc.) See where HJ will upgrade but will it feel right?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New facilities are always needed but what about the memories the old gym holds? When we moved into the new one it seemed like we were abandoning the sacred place but theres no way we could go back. (seating,parking etc.) See where HJ will upgrade but will it feel right?

Who's we?

Who's we?

Huntington...........Nets wouldn't last as long in the old gym.... ;D

Who's we?

Ah, Huntington. I need to come up there and do a game this season.

With all the new built in technology it most definitely will feel right.

Will you help us out when we come to HJ's tourney?.......you could our sixth man.. ;D

I did not know Huntington was playing in the HJ tourney.

I am going to have to come over there and broadcast a few of those games.

With all the new built in technology it most definitely will feel right.

Will you help us out when we come to HJ's tourney?.......you could our sixth man.. ;D

I did not know Huntington was playing in the HJ tourney.

I am going to have to come over there and broadcast a few of those games.

Yeah Bartlett lost his mind and got us in.....I'm not sure if we open with the Lakers or Celtics.....lol

Who's we?

We will treat you right.......

Who's we?

All I need is a power source and 2 hotlinks and a coke.

Who's we?

We can throw in a couple chili dogs if needed......

Guest stevenash

AAW- You  had better inquire about the Gestapo before making the Huntington trip.  No-look is an insider with this group.

Who's we?

We can throw in a couple chili dogs if needed......

Guest nostradamus

no look,

I am with you.....I don't think things will ever quite be the same.  Too much history in our old gym.  45 years worth.  I got me a piece of the old floor when they took it up though.......a piece of the 3 point line in fact......put a new back on it and framed it.

Our new gym will be really nice.....nothing spectacular BUT.....I would put our entire gym area up against any.  We'll have two new gyms that are competition ready, our own weight facility across the hallway, a "halftime room" for the home team, and everything will be wireless

no look,

I am with you.....I don't think things will ever quite be the same.  Too much history in our old gym.  45 years worth.  I got me a piece of the old floor when they took it up though.......a piece of the 3 point line in fact......put a new back on it and framed it.

Our new gym will be really nice.....nothing spectacular BUT.....I would put our entire gym area up against any.  We'll have two new gyms that are competition ready, our own weight facility across the hallway, a "halftime room" for the home team, and everything will be wireless

Thank you. I wish everyone went wireless, would make my job so much easier. Silsbee, West Brook, Ozen and now HJ, things are starting to look up for this broadcaster.

Will there be a broadcast area in this new gym?

no look,

I also got a piece of the three point line of the old floor. I keep it on my desk at home. Also scored a seven foot section of the home side bench. put some legs on it from bleachers.....

Guest A-TOWN

EC's new gym seems to be comming along on time.  I doubt they get in there this year though.  I think when it is finished it will rival any gym in this area for sure.

I thought it would be ready by basketball season

It is AAW's turn to by the links!!!!!

It will be odd to see the Hawks in a new gym........for about 20 years now I have been going and primarily sitting in the same spot for most of that 20 year span.........anxious to see the new gym and my new seating assignment!!!!!!  More anxious for basketball season to be here though!!!!!!!

It will be odd to see the Hawks in a new gym........for about 20 years now I have been going and primarily sitting in the same spot for most of that 20 year span.........anxious to see the new gym and my new seating assignment!!!!!!  More anxious for basketball season to be here though!!!!!!!

No,no,no. I won a bet, you paid, and then I paid. :(

HJ's new gym going to have bleachers or seats?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder