WO-S 20 Bay City 12 Final

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not pretty ' date='but it's a win!! Bay City is way down this year no matter how you swing it. BC lost 42-0 against St. Pius and 54-20 against Waller. Are the Stangs in Bye this week? If so hopefully yur QB will have time to heal prior to district.[/quote']

Yes we are down this year,but i think we played wos tough tonight.You have to remember we only have 1 sr on offense and only 3 on defense we are a very young team.Out of the 40 varsity players we only have 8 srs on the team,and only 4 start.

I noticed alot of teams are off this week. WOS had several injuries in the game and i think most teams will need a week off to get them healed up.

Thats for sure!! I thought we were heathly going into the break , but find out that we have around 4 guys that are out.

Guest GoStangs

Bobcatfan4life, thanks for the updates. It was great to get back home today, read all the posts you made, and relive the excitement from last night's game. Great job! Also, thanks to the fans from other schools for showing your support for WOS -- it was nice to see positive things being posted on our school's behalf. :)

This was a win the Mustangs earned with their heart. When Bevil went down in the first series, WOS was forced to change their offense to a more run-oriented scheme, and BC's defense did well slowing the Mustangs down. Who knows what would've happened if WOS could have opened up the offense, but one thing is for sure: Bay City came to play, and their 0-3 record is certainly not indicative of their will to win. They had a few bad breaks early in the season, but they showed a lot of pride last night -- each down was a battle for them. Hats off to all their players for putting forth a great effort throughout the game, and congratulations to WOS for answering all the challenges they faced from the Blackcats last night. There is no doubt both teams come out ahead after last night's game and will be able to use the experiences from that game to their advantage throughout the year.

Watching the determination of the BC defense last night, it's hard to believe they got beat that bad in their first 2 games. After seeing the number of turnovers they had in the first 2 games, along with the penalties, they sound like what they are... a young team. BC is not void of talent. They have as much size and speed as they always have and they will keep improving.

The injury to Bevil on our first offensive series was huge in this game. He could not throw the ball down field due to the seperated shoulder which allowed BC to load up on the run and force us to throw. They fought hard and wanted to make a statement last night, which I feel they did even though they lost.

I'm proud of our boys for gutting this one out. I'm especially proud of Bevil who refused to come out of the game even when he could barely move his throwing arm. Anytime your team is in the hands of a competitor like he is, injured or not, you're in good shape.

I knew it would would be a dogfight, it always is between these two teams. Bevil's injury really hampered the offense. Andre just couldn't throw the deep ball at all with the stinger. It was stinger, had it been a seperated shoulder he would not have gone back in the game. Also don't forget, he starts on defense and that hurt also. For pretty much the whole 2nd half BC was playing 8 or 9 man fronts and WOS still got the job done on the ground.

How 'bout that Mustang D, after halfime adjustments BC only had 54 yards in the second half. They really stepped it up when they had to. Adrian Mims (58), had a great game, he ad a hand in each of the 4 sacks in the second half.

As for the Vidor fan, unles you have gone and got some new players with any resemblence of speed, if you played WOS in a "real" game the results would be the same as the scrimmage. Yes, WOS/St. Pius would be a good game, better than WOS/Vidor!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83