WO-S 20 Bay City 12 Final

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bridge City Card

I went to the game and you are right. The injury to Bevil really effected his throwing. Offense seemed out of snyc with him playing hurt alot. The WOS fans need to get into the games more, ya'll are to quite.

Look at those stands. I made a comment at the game about this. Even in their state title years, Bay City has NEVER brought a big crowd.

As far as the game being tight, I attribute it to a few things. First off, these two teams circle this game every year. It has developed into quite a rivalry. Second, Bevil's injury did affect his performance greatly. Third, our guys looked very flat - as did the crowd - for most of the game.

It looked just like the game against them last year. We were undefeated, they were winless. We won a one-point game against them last year and ended up in the semis, so I'm not too concerned.

No doubt Bevil's injury had a huge impact on our offensive play. They were out of sync all night. It didn't help that we had trouble with the center to QB snap and too many penalties. Still, having to "gut out" a win like this will only help the team down the road.

After so many good teams lost this week - Nederland, West Brook, Central, Dayton, Bridge City, Hamshire Fannett, Ozen, and Memorial - it's a relief to sweat out a win like this. Whew...

Dre actually injured his shoulder earlier in the week in practice. It has bothered him since, but he is determined to play. If anyone was at the game...that determination could be summed up in one play: When he made a critical 1st down by diving headfirst into Blackcat defenders on their 4-yd line, injury and all.

His injury did hinder his performance and we were flat, but we played them and won. We had some key players with some injuries (like both QBs) and we had some key players that didn't have good games, but as a T-E-A-M...we got the "W". That's the awesome thing about the T-E-A-M concept.

As for the Vidor poster...stop hatin'. We beat Bay City (maybe we didn't blow them out, but we got the job done). That's all that matters. We beat Vidor in scrimmage and I heard several comments after that scrimmage about "Well, if it had been a real game, things might have been different"...bullcrap! The only thing that would have been different was there would have been two more minutes played in each quarter. Maybe...I'd like to see Vidor play St. Pius!!! :wink:

Vidor has the chance to make some noise in that district...now, whether they do or not...we'll let you worry about that. WO-S is not near perfect, but we have gotten the job done and that is what matters. I wish you the best! :wink:

Not pretty ,but it's a win!! Bay City is way down this year no matter how you swing it. BC lost 42-0 against St. Pius and 54-20 against Waller. Are the Stangs in Bye this week? If so hopefully yur QB will have time to heal prior to district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83