My favorite thing about soccer

.....I got nothing. Just wanted to start my first ever thread in the soccer forum. Although I do hear Lauren Washburn is awesome in Nederland.

I'm calling a bit of a biased opinion on that one.

Hey man, her and her sister shared some sushi with me last night. Should have come along. PS, smack Jenna for me  ;)

Hey man, her and her sister shared some sushi with me last night. Should have come along. PS, smack Jenna for me  ;)

psssshhh, I thought I wasn't allowed to talk to her??

Nah talking is fine, she got a bf now. That's like my lil sister, you know how it is.

my favorite thing about soccer has not yet happened... It will be when David Beckham takes his arrogant self out of the MLS to stay.  He is such a premadonna. I have been reading up on his behavior on the LA Galaxy and I think his its repulsive.  He needs to go back to AC Milan and stay there.

my favorite thing about soccer has not yet happened... It will be when David Beckham takes his arrogant self out of the MLS to stay.  He is such a premadonna. I have been reading up on his behavior on the LA Galaxy and I think his its repulsive.  He needs to go back to AC Milan and stay there.

look what the guy doing for american soccer? how many people have started watching mls since he came here? a whole lot. you might not like him personally, but he is doing great things for soccer growth in the u.s.

look what the guy doing for american soccer? how many people have started watching mls since he came here? a whole lot. you might not like him personally, but he is doing great things for soccer growth in the u.s.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Soccer in America will never be a mainstream sport.  Just not gonna happen.  David Beckham is not the savior of American Soccer. He is an arrogant selfish nonteam player.  I don't want my children looking up to the likes of him.  I hope he moves on soon.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Soccer in America will never be a mainstream sport.  Just not gonna happen.  David Beckham is not the savior of American Soccer. He is an arrogant selfish nonteam player.  I don't want my children looking up to the likes of him.  I hope he moves on soon.

i think soccer will get there eventually.  look at how far it's come in the last couple of generations.  NOBODY played soccer 30 years ago.  now leagues are full all over the country.  as this generation of players grows up, their kids will play, and we'll see more and more interest in the sport.  it's not going to happen overnight, but it's definitely growing, even if it's not doing so particularly quickly. 

your right, he isnt a savior considering we have nothing to lose. more like a sparkplug. want to talk about a player who doesnt play for the team, how about you watch landon donovan? gets mad when beckham gets the captain armband. think there is bigger things to worry about eh?

David Beckham moved in and basically highjacked the Galaxy. He is an arrogant player and NOT a good role model.  Landon Donovan was very frustrated by the way Beck came in and railroaded his way into the captain position.  I have played soccer my whole life and LOVE the sport but, I seriously doubt it will ever be up there in popularity with football, baseball and basketball. 

your right, he isnt a savior considering we have nothing to lose. more like a sparkplug. want to talk about a player who doesnt play for the team, how about you watch landon donovan? gets mad when beckham gets the captain armband. think there is bigger things to worry about eh?

Friendswood Fan...Great to see you are still checking out the site!  PNG will be very strong again this year...returning all but 5 from last years team that won the district championship and advanced to the third round before losing to a very good Brenham team...  cant wait for it all to start again...the PNG/Nederland rivalry will be something to see again this year

Hey, this is a great site.  Much better than anything available over in Houston. 

Yes, PNG did well last year.  And with an improved Nederland, maybe one or both GT teams will be able to challenge the Lady Mustangs this next year.  To get there, however, I really think that both need to improve the quality of the non-district tournaments and games.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder