Dayton Gets A Good One

He started working with us tuesday..we are used to lifting non stop in dayton && not taking bad about crosbys coaches but i dont think they lift that much at all,so he strugled,,&& our running is hard core after we was done he just kept saying how hot it was..i think and hope he is going to be a player 4 us..some1 said he didnt work hard in crosby but he aint got no choice in dayton.

He'll work!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there were UIL rules that apply to student athelets moving from one school to another.  Players don't have to sit out a year from playing Varsity sports anymore???  What happened to that rule?  My Dad was a coach and when we moved to another school my sophmore year I wasn't eligable for Varsity.  I realise that was many, many years ago but I thought there were rules in place to prevent recruiting.  Not saying that is what happened I'm just curious.

I thought there were UIL rules that apply to student athelets moving from one school to another.  Players don't have to sit out a year from playing Varsity sports anymore???  What happened to that rule?  My Dad was a coach and when we moved to another school my sophmore year I wasn't eligible for Varsity.  I realise that was many, many years ago but I thought there were rules in place to prevent recruiting.  Not saying that is what happened I'm just curious.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but, if the move is legitimate you can get a waiver from the UIL. I assume the moved has to be verified and then the player is eligible.

How many people move with there kid going into there Sr. year of HS and only moving 10 miles down the road??The only ones i hear about are usually pretty good football players...If you readers think this move has nothing to do with football you are all insane....

I thought there were UIL rules that apply to student athelets moving from one school to another.  Players don't have to sit out a year from playing Varsity sports anymore???  What happened to that rule?  My Dad was a coach and when we moved to another school my sophmore year I wasn't eligable for Varsity.  I realise that was many, many years ago but I thought there were rules in place to prevent recruiting.  Not saying that is what happened I'm just curious.

UIL - University Interscholastic League    Home

About» About the UIL

Home Policy Eligibility Standards Eligibility Standards

The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective. It is the responsibility of each school to see that students do not compete unless they comply with all eligibility rules. It is also the responsibility of the student to observe and obey these standards. According to UIL standards, students are eligible to represent their school in interscholastic activities if they:

For more information:

TEA-UIL Side By Side - Academic Eligibility

Protecting Your Eligibility

have not graduated from high school,

are full-time, day students in the school, and have been in regular attendance at the school since the 6th class day of the present school year, or have been in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition,

are in compliance with state law and rules of the Commissioner of Education, (see TEA-UIL Side By Side)

are enrolled in a four year, normal program of high school courses, and initially enrolled in the 9th grade not more than 4 years ago nor in the 10th grade not more than 3 years ago,

were not recruited,

are not in violation of the awards rule, and

meet the specific eligibility requirements for academic, music and/or athletic competition.

Eligibility for Academic Contests

meet all the requirements above, and

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL academic contest.

Eligibility for Music Contests

meet all the requirements above, and

have not changed schools for the purpose of participating in a UIL music contest.

Eligibility for Athletic Contests

meet all the requirements above,

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,

have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.

Policy

Policy Home Constitution Eligibility

Foreign Exchange Eligibility First Six-Weeks Eligibility Schedule Academic Eligibility Holiday Examples Committees Governance Organization Chart Amending UIL Rules Policy Tutor Booster Club Guidelines TEA-UIL Side By Side Home | About | Academics | Athletics | Music | Policy | TILF

University Interscholastic League

1701 Manor Road, Austin, Texas, 78722

Phone: (512) 471-5883

Phone for One-Act Play Only: (512) 471-9996

Fax Administration: (512) 471-5908 | Fax Athletics: (512) 471-6589 | Fax Academics: (512) 232-7311

Fax for Orders Only: (512) 232-6471

;)Xavier will be a much better player under Stewart @Dayton.Look for a few new wrinkles coming to you soon as winning traditions seems to bring out the talent,heck even some older alumni would have loved to play under his direction.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83