Battlin' Bears bringing back the gold helmets

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lc-m and couch crouch need to worrie about  winning games not the color of there helmets

I doubt very seriously that they are "worried" about it. When you are setting off on a new program, sometimes it is good to change thinks up a bit to help the feeling of the new start. I think this is a fairly common occurrence and certainly not limited to LC-M. I don't think they are going to miss any two-a-days because of a new helmet logo.

Isn't PN-G going to change their scheme up a bit? Maybe their new coach isn't worried about winning.  8)

Good luck to LC-M, their new coach and their new helmet logo.

lc-m and couch crouch need to worrie about  winning games not the color of there helmets

I doubt very seriously that they are "worried" about it. When you are setting off on a new program, sometimes it is good to change thinks up a bit to help the feeling of the new start. I think this is a fairly common occurrence and certainly not limited to LC-M. I don't think they are going to miss any two-a-days because of a new helmet logo.

Isn't PN-G going to change their scheme up a bit? Maybe their new coach isn't worried about winning.  8)

We're basically doing a PN-G version of TCU's helmet. It'll look good in the end, but the only thing I wish they would do differently is make the facemask white instead of black. I think it'd look better that way while simultaneously staying true to our school colors.

Bears confident; working hard in summer

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — LITTLE CYPRESS — The only place to go is up for the Little Cypress-Mauriceville football program.

First-year head coach Randy Crouch knows that and so do the Battlin’ Bears that were working out in the LC-M Fieldhouse Tuesday morning.

The Bears will check into the 2009 campaign a little bit older and will be growling to put an end to a 15-game losing streak.

Incoming junior offensive lineman Nick Lucia and sophomore-to-be receiver Preston Armstrong were pumping some iron and hitting the track to help themselves ready for what looks to be a grueling, hot August coming up with two-a-days really not that far away.

“Everyone is really excited,†said Lucia. “We’ve been working hard already this summer.â€

“It’s hot right now, but you have to go through it,†said Armstrong. “Putting on the pads and helmets is great and all but it’s what you have to do before that point that counts. You have to stay on top of your game and conditioning at this time of the year is the most important thing.â€

Both Bears agree that there is plenty of excitement in the air with Coach Crouch calling the shots.

“Coach Crouch instills a lot of confidence,†said Armstrong, who started a lot of games at receiver last year as a true freshman and who was also a basketball standout. “It was a quick jump for me last year. One year I’m playing in middle school then all of a sudden I’m on the varsity. Everything happened so quick last year. Everything happens so much faster on Friday nights. This year, I’m catching on well and I’ve been doing a lot of catching up, especially with my strength and conditioning.â€

Lucia is thrilled about possibly being a stronghold on the offensive front.

“We like what we’re doing, especially with Coach Crouch’s new schemes,†said Lucia. “It’s taking some time, learning the new plays but that’s been fun. Coach Crouch is really pushing us and believes in us. i know we’ve had some talent the last couple years but we didn’t use it all. Coach Crouch is motivating us to be the best that we can be.â€

Coach Crouch has been busy as well.

He’s helped design a new helmet as the Bears will go back to the gold helmets that will have a little twist to them. Stay tuned.

Also, Battlin’ Bear Stadium will have new light poles that will illuminate the stadium better.

“It’s that time of the year where you are always thinking what you need to do next,†said Crouch. “You want to stay ahead of the game as much as possible.â€

Crouch is pleased to have his varsity coaching staff complete.

Troy Bolton will be the offensive coordinator while Mike Pierce will serve as defensive coordinator.

The other top-notch assistants include David Kendrick, Allen Deshazo, Johnathan Friend, T.J. Reed and former Orangefield assistants Roy Farias and Eric Peevey.

“I couldn’t be happier to have those guys,†said Crouch. “There’s a lot of energy with those guys there and the kids really seem to respond to them. We’re looking forward to the season ahead.â€

The Bears will pick up equipment Aug. 3 and will start conditioning drills and on Aug. 7, will see their first contact drills.

The Bears have some nice scrimmages lined up.

They will take on Texas City Aug. 15 at Crosby High School. They will host the Silsbee Tigers Aug. 21 and will tenatively travel to Baytown Aug. 27 to face Baytown Lee.

The Bears open their 2009 campaign at home Sept. 4 against West Orange-Stark.

“We’re really enthusiastic about what’s ahead,†said Crouch. “As a coach, you want to see improvement from week to week and that’s what the kids are striving for. We’ve got a tough scedule in front of us. Our district is going to be highly competitive. The kids are looking forward to that challenge.â€

print this story  comment on this story   

I wonder if he went back to the traditional vegas gold and Dark green??  LCM seems to have a problem with what green and gold to use...............kelly green, gold  or  hunter green, vegas gold.....hum.....which one will he choose..........

i am sorry if i upset you ,did not mean to.i just wound what would happen if the coaches over in west orange ,would do away with the flying WO-S what would happen, well come to think of it a mustang might look better than WO-S on the side of the helmets. PS i am being a ass today sorry

Yeah.That bojo thing really helped. :-*

Actually POJO is the motto for Springtown High School, home of the mighty Porcupines  :D

Ya' know.  I fancied myself a pretty good guy at getting obscure but relevant facts.  But next to you, I am a rank amateur!

Let's just say I'm a HUGE high school football fan and I love looking at all the school websites around the state and learning about the different programs, stadiums and such. I've probably looked at every stadium on texas bob's site. Go take a look at the football stadium for the Mason Punchers. The home side is covered, looks pretty neat

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83