Backe on waivers

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The Houston Astros placed pitcher Brandon Backe on waivers Monday.

The 31-year-old right-hander, who is 0-0 with a 10.38 ERA in 13 innings for the Astros this season, rejected an assignment to Triple-A Round Rock. He will likely become a free agent and receive all of his $1.5 million salary after three days.

Backe is 31-29 with a 5.23 ERA over eight seasons with Tampa Bay and Houston, including a 9-14 mark with a 6.05 ERA for the Astros last year.

Backe was a regular member of Houston’s postseason rotation in 2004 and ’05, pitching well in October both years and helping the Astros reach the 2005 World Series. He tossed seven shutout innings in Game 4 of that Series against the Chicago White Sox.

The Astros also sent left-hander Tyler Lumsden outright to Triple-A Round Rock.

he hasn't done crap in two years.  get over yourself and take a few weeks in AAA ball to get yourself right, and then come back.  they don't need him anyway.  he's a better hitter than he is a pitcher, and he's not really that good of a hitter.

Dang bullets, someone urinate in your corn flakes today??? LOL

i just call it like i see it :)  a coworker of mine has had a huge crush on him for the last 3 or 4 years, and i've been trying to tell her how exceptionally average of a player he is, even if he does have a cute butt.  VINDICATION!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont